The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
American Riviera Orchard, again not a fan of the name, has amassed over 500,000 Instagram followers in less than a week, compared to 1.8 million for goop, 4.3 million for Martha Stewart and 364 million for Kim Kardashian. I don't think that ARO is a slam dunk success but there are ways to monetize that kind of followership, for example posting a recipe for a quick meal and listing the ingredient "Pasta Sauce like Brand X" with a link to Brand X's website.

I wonder if she has a catalog of recipes and other articles that can serve as content, or alternatively has she hired a staff of prolific writers who can produce content that aligns with the ARO brand.

Even though I don't like how she has been behaving in the past years, I have nothing against this project. In fact she should have done something similar from the beginning without doing all these controversial/divisive interviews and documentaries. I hope her following will be directed entirely towards this project instead of insulting William, Kate and their children online or accusing everyone of being racist if they don't like Meghan. I think Meghan is not that bad at producing lifestyle content and I hope she's confident enough in herself without constantly mention the royal family to get more attention.

Out of curiosity I just looked up the Instagram site of American Riviera...but I didn't see any content. How does that explain already 508000 followers?
I don’t understand why you would follow nothing, is this a strategy to show potential backers or advertisers of her pull. Meghan does have a lot of support on SM so no doubt they will have signed up.

Let's move on from rehashing old grievances and get back to the current topic. A number of posts and responses to those have been removed.

American Riviera Orchard, again not a fan of the name, has amassed over 500,000 Instagram followers in less than a week, compared to 1.8 million for goop, 4.3 million for Martha Stewart and 364 million for Kim Kardashian. I don't think that ARO is a slam dunk success but there are ways to monetize that kind of followership, for example posting a recipe for a quick meal and listing the ingredient "Pasta Sauce like Brand X" with a link to Brand X's website.

I wonder if she has a catalog of recipes and other articles that can serve as content, or alternatively has she hired a staff of prolific writers who can produce content that aligns with the ARO brand.
This would be a smart move, in my opinion, as at the moment it doesn't seem like it is anything more than a landing page. They need to capitalise on their recent media attention (or furore, however you want to look at it!), so for the sake of this business getting off the ground I hope they have content ready to go.

Out of curiosity I just looked up the Instagram site of American Riviera...but I didn't see any content. How does that explain already 508000 followers?
People, like myself, hear about it and follow out of curiosity for the time when content does follow. So when it happens I'll automatically see it in my Insta feed. Makes sense to me.

A new article relating to African Parks, this time concerning Zambia. I've archived it so hopefully everyone can read it OK.

Guards at Prince Harry's Africa conservation charity face new killing and torture allegations​

Impoverished people in Bangweulu, one of Africa's most important wetlands, now say they are suffering a campaign of intimidation to stop them fishing and hunting on their own land while tourists arrive on safari expeditions that can cost up to £5,000 a day.

'Our home has become a nightmare that frightens us every day,' said Luni Elo, who was shot during the attack at Muwele village's market. Farmer Chipulu Mwale, 23, who was also wounded, pleaded for African Parks to leave: 'They have turned this place into hell.'

I had to google to get some info about how Harry is involved in that matter. I understand that he is the director of this charity. If he is taking this seriously as I hope that all royals who take their directorships or charities seriously and not just doing for getting a good image, he has now to take some action!!
It realy makes me mad sometimes when royals advocate for a serious issue and are all over the papers and sc just for showing how important they are. I they are taking that responsibility they should speak out for it.
Otherwise I doubt their real devotion to the issue.

Remember all of the hoobla about sussex.com and how it was disrespectful to the monarchy? Well now the royal family website point to sussex.com so I guess it's find with the monarchy!

GI-KjSaXcAAuO5m

Remember all of the hoobla about sussex.com and how it was disrespectful to the monarchy? Well now the royal family website point to sussex.com so I guess it's find with the monarchy!

GI-KjSaXcAAuO5m
Yes, this really surprised me too as I thought they’d agreed to shut down the website and that it was just earlier stuff.
However, under “news” they’ve been posting for a few months at least….I really don’t get it. I thought current info was through Archwell.

Thanks, guess I missed it! But I’m not sure I’m following you as you sounded surprised too?
When Harry and Meghan first announced the website, there was a lot of controversy. Folks saying it was disrespectful to the monarchy, that they were using their titles in a way they said they wouldn't, that they were using a coat of arms, etc etc.

Now, we are seeing that the monarchy are clearly okay with Harry and Meghan's website, as they point to it on their royal.uk bio.

A new article relating to African Parks, this time concerning Zambia. I've archived it so hopefully everyone can read it OK.

Guards at Prince Harry's Africa conservation charity face new killing and torture allegations​

Impoverished people in Bangweulu, one of Africa's most important wetlands, now say they are suffering a campaign of intimidation to stop them fishing and hunting on their own land while tourists arrive on safari expeditions that can cost up to £5,000 a day.

'Our home has become a nightmare that frightens us every day,' said Luni Elo, who was shot during the attack at Muwele village's market. Farmer Chipulu Mwale, 23, who was also wounded, pleaded for African Parks to leave: 'They have turned this place into hell.'
I hope that African Parks can resolve this crisis.

When Harry and Meghan first announced the website, there was a lot of controversy. Folks saying it was disrespectful to the monarchy, that they were using their titles in a way they said they wouldn't, that they were using a coat of arms, etc etc.

Now, we are seeing that the monarchy are clearly okay with Harry and Meghan's website, as they point to it on their royal.uk bio.
[…]
They were just basically outed from the main BRF Website […]

Harry and Meghan 'downgraded' on official Buckingham Palace website Harry and Meghan 'downgraded' on official Buckingham Palace website

Last edited by a moderator:
[…]
They were just basically outed from the main BRF Website […]

Harry and Meghan 'downgraded' on official Buckingham Palace website Harry and Meghan 'downgraded' on official Buckingham Palace website

That was LONG over due. Should have happened years ago. But, better late than never.

I’d sum up the new section by saying that BP is being gracious to them. Which is a good thing. Better to take the high road.

I think they’re just giving out basic information, which includes their website. I wouldn’t take that to mean they approve. They’re acknowledging they left- and where to find current info.

Those bios are quite short now. I will say- it’s interesting that everyone else’s main photo looks professional- and the Sussexes are….sitting on a beach in the one and only joint photo.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say the Palace are "okay with it" (the Sussex website), rather they are just being pragmatic and saying "go here if you want to read more"!
If you click on H & M’s picture and keep scrolling down, there is still a lot of information, quotes, and pictures of them both. So BP certainly didn’t delete everything on the two of them. For example, here is an article/post from 2019 about Meghan:https://www.royal.uk/duchess-sussex-launches-smart-set-capsule-collection-smart-works

I was commenting specifically on the inclusion of the link to their website that was mentioned above, not the rest of the content, but yes, there is still plenty of information on the royal website! :flowers:

I was commenting specifically on the inclusion of the link to their website that was mentioned above, not the rest of the content, but yes, there is still plenty of information on the royal website! :flowers:
Yes, I agree that it was pragmatic! Honestly, I forgot that the old website was SussexRoyal and this one is just Sussex. And BP updated Andrew’s as well so they weren’t the only ones.
I wonder what HLM would say about the new ARO plan?

That was LONG over due. Should have happened years ago. But, better late than never.

I’d sum up the new section by saying that BP is being gracious to them. Which is a good thing. Better to take the high road.

I think they’re just giving out basic information, which includes their website. I wouldn’t take that to mean they approve. They’re acknowledging they left- and where to find current info.

Those bios are quite short now. I will say- it’s interesting that everyone else’s main photo looks professional- and the Sussexes are….sitting on a beach in the one and only joint photo.

Agree with every word of this! I am satisfied with the changes. They are at the bottom of the page in a short and combined bio - almost a footnote - and IMO that is how it should be.

According to the Daily Mail, Meghan will have a cooking show on Netflix. She’ll also be selling her own food.

So she’s basically modeling her brand off of Martha Stewart.
I believe that Mrs. Beeton and her book of Household Management antedated Martha Stewart’s ‘brand’ by more than a century!

Missed this which occurred a couple of days ago, before the latest Kate news. Harry and Meghan attended an art exhibition together, which pleased the gallery.

A surprise outing for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle! The Duke and Duchess of Sussex attend a viewing of an art collection - after sources said they would be making ‘regal’ appearances together

and Meghan Markle were relaxed as they attended a viewing of an African American art collection this week - in a surprise outing by the couple.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex appeared in good spirits as they joined attendees at The Kinsey African American Art & History Collection exhibition in Sofi Stadium in California last night.

Some of those attending the event went on to share photographs from the evening, with one sharing a snap of Meghan and Harry seemingly giving speeches to those attending. Shaun Robinson posted the photograph on her Instagram page, writing, 'Thankyou the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the Archewell Foundation for supporting the Kinsey Collection.'

I wasn’t sure whether to post this on this thread or the one about Catherine’s diagnosis. Mods, please move if appropriate.
Meghan and Harry make a statement about Catherine’s health:

The name of Prince Harry appears in papers from the suit against Sean Diddy.

“Record producer Rodney 'Lil Rod' Jones' filed the bombshell lawsuit against Diddy and claims that his 'affiliation' to the Duke of Sussex and other stars gave him and his associates 'legitimacy'.”

What is more, the last time Harry was photographed with Sean Diddy Combs was, as far as is known, in 2007 when he and William hosted the Diana memorial concert and Diddy was a performer. Talk about a long bow…!

Back
Top Bottom