The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The information is attributed to "a source close to Harry" by the Press Association.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...arles-cancer-royal-health-latest-news-updates

How so?

Cause that usually do? You think the press wouldn’t ask them for a statement about this? Also seeing sources close to William saying Charles informed the entire family and yada yada.

Who knows if any of these “sources” are accurate but it’s pretty obvious the family knew before it was released.

No official statements outside of BP has happened.

I am glad Harry is going to see his father and it seems sensible for it to just be him for now.

I don’t think Meghan or the children will go with Harry to the UK right now. But I full expect Harry to fly out now. Probably already route or will be soon.

Considering the Duke shared details about his grandmother's death and about lot of other private family moments with the world in his book, is it certain the king will receive him? And although the King will obviously tempted to see his son, would it be advisable?

There is a reason the king did not see his son in private for a long time. The reason has not changed, though the circumstances did.

Considering the Duke shared details about his grandmother's death and about lot of other private family moments with the world in his book, is it certain the king will receive him? And although the King will obviously tempted to see his son, would it be advisable?

There is a reason the king did not see his son in private for a long time. The reason has not changed, though the circumstances did.

Perhaps they will make him sign an NDA?

I am glad to read that Harry will go to England to see his father. Charles and Harry love each other and need to see one another.

I hope Harry goes, find all things well and returns home to his family with good news.

I mean, If something happens to him or things happen. He’d well within his right to talk about that. I don’t remember him talking about the Queens health in detail. And he spoke about what happened to him, during the Queens funeral. I also hope that details about Harry don’t end up as a Rota Exclusive.

And seeing as he was told, he didn’t ask, I’m sure they know about him coming. That’s the only way to get around the 28 day rule that they said he would need give for security review and etc, if he was to fly back.

Last edited:

I do believe that Charles would want to see his son Harry during this time even though Harry has been indiscreet about private family interactions in recent years. However I wouldn't be surprised if one of Charles' aides remains close by.

I'm hopeful that Harry's realized that sharing so many details of what transpired on the day that QEII passed, that he'll choose to remain discreet about his visit with his father. A few words about that he was glad to see him should suffice for the time being.

I do believe that Charles would want to see his son Harry during this time even though Harry has been indiscreet about private family interactions in recent years. However I wouldn't be surprised if one of Charles' aides remains close by.

I'm hopeful that Harry's realized that sharing so many details of what transpired on the day that QEII passed, that he'll choose to remain discreet about his visit with his father. A few words about that he was glad to see him should suffice for the time being.

IA with this.

I’m sure Charles would like see Harry, despite Harry’s inability to keep private matters private.

Hopefully he’ll just keep his mouth shut for good on private family matters. All of them.

I'm not so sure that Charles would welcome a visit now, while he's undergoing treatment.
It's important that he keep a positive attitude; the last thing he needs is stress!

I'm not so sure that Charles would welcome a visit now, while he's undergoing treatment.
It's important that he keep a positive attitude; the last thing he needs is stress!

Then he better let Harry know ASAP if that is the case, because his son has announced that he's heading to London to see his father soon.

The King will be very happy to see his son, it is just unfortunate it has taken serious illness to bring them together. Lets hope this is the catalyst for happier days to come.

Very unfortunate. I wish him well. It would be nice to bring the children. Times like this and you realise your time is never infinite. And Harry’s father is so important to him building any form of trust with the rest of the family as well.

No offense to those hoping Harry brings Archie & Lili but I hope he doesn't right now. His dad is going to be undergoing treatment, some of which could compromise his immunity. Kids are a petri dish of germs usually and given that it's winter, who knows if the kids are healthy right now. My hope is that this will open the door for a better relationship between father and son and that next summer we'll see the Sussexes make their way to the UK for an extended visit.

It speaks volumes that the King called BOTH of his sons with the news and that Harry is headed to the UK now.

It is a wise decision to go now very early in the treatments before fatigue and exhaustion set in as they usually do with chemo and radiation treatments.

Good he is coming to see his Dad, hope his meeting with his Dad will stay private and , Harry doesn't feel he has to share with the world on what was said blah blah, hope he realized this time its about his Dad.

Not a hope that Meghan & Harry will be private, it has taken a diagnosis of cancer to get Harry to UK . This gives them both the chance for the high ground , jumping on a plane to care for C111 , whilst PSSW is incapacitated , and cannot participate in public duties

Not a hope that Meghan & Harry will be private, it has taken a diagnosis of cancer to get Harry to UK . This gives them both the chance for the high ground , jumping on a plane to care for C111 , whilst PSSW is incapacitated , and cannot participate in public duties

I so agree with what your wrote ! this is them to a tea !

I hope Harry lands safely, sees his dad and leaves.

I hope Harry lands safely, sees his dad and leaves.

The King's illness and the Princess of Wales being also out of commission for the foreseeable future have created a temporary shortage of working royals. Although this shortage is manageable without having to draft any extra workers, it opens a window of opportunity for Harry to negotiate a possible return to (at least partial) working royal status, which I think is something that he wants. The stumbling block would again be Meghan, as I believe she would not agree to relocate to the United Kingdom.

The King's illness and the Princess of Wales being also out of commission for the foreseeable future have created a temporary shortage of working royals. Although this shortage is manageable without having to draft any extra workers, it opens a window of opportunity for Harry to negotiate a possible return to (at least partial) working royal status, which I think is something that he wants. The stumbling block would again be Meghan, as I believe she would not agree to relocate to the United Kingdom.

Another stumbling block would be that the majority of people in the UK don't want them back.

Last edited:

I don’t think either side sees that return as anything realistic. The royals slimmed monarchy is exactly what they wanted — problematic or not at the moment. This will pass.

I think this is just Harry wanted some private time with his dad face to face. The fact the rest of the royals are still going about their business tells me that Charles is fine. He in the hands of the best doctors.

So I echo the above comment that it’s a quality visit and then he goes back home to get ready for his trip to Canada to promote Invictus Games.

Harry may well want some sort of royal role, albeit part time, but I can't see it happen. Harry has burnt too many bridges, IMO. The BRF are better to shrink a little than involve Harry.

Another stumbling block would be that the majority of people in the UK don't want them back.

Honestly don’t think majority of the UK population care much about any of them too deeply. The royal bubble is not the general public.

Back
Top Bottom