The Duchess of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find her charismatic, warm, sort of cuddly, intelligent, well spoken, self-assured and every time a look at her I have to smile ? I can't help myself I just smile :heart1:
I have the same reaction, a smile with the thought "how perfectly beautiful she is" !:flowers:

I guess because it's her first year as a royal *and* everyone's on baby watch, before and after they announced. In a few years it won't be a minute by minute story every time she does something or leaves Frogmore.

Some nice patronage news:

For services to Disadvantaged Women through Employment Skills Training, Joanna Hunter, Honorary Treasurer and Co-Founder of @SmartWorksHQ
collected an #OBE today (from Prince Charles!)

In January, The Duchess of Sussex became Patron of @SmartWorksHQ. The charity provide women with clothing and coaching ahead of job interviews – in 5 years they saw 11,000 people and 60% got the job.

(tweet)

Court Circular, March 12 2019

The Duchess of Sussex, Patron, Association of Commonwealth Universities, this afternoon received Dr Joanna Newman (Chief Executive and Secretary General).

(I suppose she'll meet with the last two patronages in the following two weeks and then it's Baby Sussex time!!)

It appears that Meghan is doing her final check ins with her patronages before she takes maternity leave.

Court Circular, March 13, 2019

The Duchess of Sussex, Patron, the Royal National Theatre, this afternoon received Ms Lisa Burger (executive director) and Mr Rufus Norris (artistic director).

It appears that Meghan is doing her final check ins with her patronages before she takes maternity leave.

You were right. Looks like she's checked in with all four of her patronages.

Meghan has written the introductory message for the ACU's new strategic plan "The Road to 2030"

Here is the full document. Meghan's statement is on page 4.

Otherwise, here is a tweet with a photo of the statement.

Court Circular, March 22 2019
The Duchess of Sussex, Patron, this morning attended a Meeting at Smart Works, St Charles Hospital, Exmoor Street, London W10.
~

The countdown to Baby Sussex can officially start as Meghan has now met with all four of her patronages.

Here is an interesting, brief video chronicling the stories of three women who have been helped by the Duchess of Sussex's SmartWorks charity:

Film about Smart Works charity

Last edited by a moderator:
She's definitely a hard-working go getter!

The capsule collection is a marvelous idea. I like that it’s a 1 to 1 donation. I hope there are plus sizes sold as well.

I think she will herself wear some clothes from her collection. I'm looking forward to that!

"Meghan Markle’s Patronage, Smart Works, Has Been Shortlisted For A ‘Charity Of The Year’ Award" https://www.inquisitr.com/5562929/m...rtlisted-for-a-charity-of-the-year-award/amp/
It looks like the “Meghan Effect” is at full blast this week. Kate Stephens, the CEO of Smart Works, one of the duchess’s patronages, has tweeted that the organization has been shortlisted for the “Charity Of The Year” honor by the U.K.’s Third Sector Awards.

Last edited:
I think she will too, Rena M. What better way to promote the capsule collection than by wearing a few pieces when she returns to work.

SussexRoyal currently has an Instagram story featuring Meghan at a photo shoot for the Smartworks collection.

It’s only available for 24 hours and I cannot link it I’m afraid. Meghan is hugging the models as they arrive, dressing and adjusting the models and looking at the finished pictures. It’s really lovely to see.

Wonderful to see happy Meghan
https://www.instagram.com/stories/sussexroyal/

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a28775569/meghan-markle-smart-works-collection-video/
Meghan Markle shared a glimpse of her highly-anticipated charity capsule collection of work-appropriate attire in two Instagram Story videos today.

The clips show the royal-turned-designer behind the scenes at a photo shoot promoting her range of work attire, which launches this autumn. In the footage, the duchess is seen hugging models, working with photographers, and smiling proudly from the sidelines.

"Meghan surprised everyone at Smart Works when she showed up for the shoot, " which took place today in London, a source tells BAZAAR.com.

Last edited:
SussexRoyal currently has an Instagram story featuring Meghan at a photo shoot for the Smartworks collection.

It’s only available for 24 hours and I cannot link it I’m afraid. Meghan is hugging the models as they arrive, dressing and adjusting the models and looking at the finished pictures. It’s really lovely to see.
Omid Scobie has posted the video on Twitter

I like that Meghan came out with her Smart Works fashion line. She is not going to hide behind palace walls or curl up in a ball in a corner at Frogmore. And if she played demure duchess like some people think she should she would have been dragged for that. This is never complain never explain 2.0.

Going to watch it soon. Smart Works must be ecstatic. This is such a boost!

The video that SussexRoyal posted of Meghan at the SW shot was really lovely! And it looks like they are using actual Smart Work's benefitees for the shoot? I really loved that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom