The Duchess of Edinburgh's Fashion and Style, Part 1: March 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to be contrary and say this was a snooze for me. Nothing memorable and it's not even especially well-tailored or flattering. A "blend into the wallpaper" outfit for a parade occasion.

Always love that hat but seems like it still doesn't find the right dress yet.

I can’t make up my mind about this hat. It is very striking but I agree she hasn’t paired it well here and her hair is very poorly styled - she really needs to get a new hairdresser! I quite like the dress, but it’s a large print and rather wide in the skirt, which I think overwhelms her.

I like both the hat and the dress separately, but I don't think they do much for each other together.

The dress is gorgeous and suits her but the hat resembles a distressed sea creature.

Just looking through the photos of the Royal ladies stood together and Sophie really needed a sleeve. I note she carried a shawl, but I think the lack of sleeve or a lightweight jacket does indeed make her appear too informally dressed.

nice, but too informal for the event

I agree.Although I love english roses as a pattern,but not today.
It reminds me of a dress my mother had in the 1950´s
But,I forgive her,she is a juwel.

Hate both fascinators today, horrible.

The dress is lovely and vibrant. I don't see it being inappropriate. Its not like its a black tie event. One doesn't need sleeves to be formal, it wasn't a casual sundress. Sleeves in warm near summer weather doesn't look any fancier, just stiffer and more old fashioned.

I don't like that dress at all, very dowdy.
And the hat looks like she is wearing a lampshade.

The dress is gorgeous and suits her but the hat resembles a distressed sea creature.

lol- that is a hilarious description of the hat. I don’t think the hat and dress complemented each other at all.

I like the dress a lot, but it looked a bit informal.

A really beautiful summery dress on the Duchess at the Order of the Garter Service!

Weird dress, looks like she tucked two dinner napkins into her collar.

Don't like the strange looking collars but the colour and hat are wonderful on the duchess.

The dress collar is very strange. Lose the collar and the dress itself would be pretty. I bet in the future we see a change in this dress.

She always looks wonderful with her hair up and wide brimmed hat.

Weird dress, looks like she tucked two dinner napkins into her collar.

Lol- yeah- the collar is strange. Otherwise- nice dress.

Her hat is fabulous though.

A really lovely floral dress and hat on the duchess today :previous:

That's a lovely look! Like that the flower on her hat matches one of the flowers on her dress.

What a fabulous look for Sophie. I wish she would wear more of this kind of silhouette rather than the voluminous skirts which tend to swamp her. She really looks perfect.

One of the nicest dresses I’ve seen worn by the Duchess and it goes well with the hat. I like the pendant necklace too. I echo previous comment that she tends towards full skirts that overwhelm her. This is a very flattering style.

Lovely, lovely look for the Duchess today. So appreciate the hat with matching flowers.

Back
Top Bottom