The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That hat is realy awful and I´m not fan of the coat also. I like only hanbag, realy pretty

She'd have really knocked this outfit out of the park if her hat and accessories were red or royal blue to contrast with the coat.

Last edited:
I think Catherine is rocking this look. She looks radiant, and I'm happy to see her trying something new. Love the hat.

Kate in the outfit. I personally really don't like this coat. Animal print isn't easy to pull off nor is it flattering IMO.

Full view ** Close up

I'm not too keen on animal prints but Catherine's coat is starting to grow on me, I think it suits her. I also like her hat and shoes. Overall, I think her outfit is nice but it's not one of my favourites.

Last edited:
What a cute and rather original choice! (The raincoat I wore during my pregnancy sure didn't look like this- it was a solid color and virtually tent-like. )

This coat fell elegantly from her back and shoulders, and the ombre-like print de-emphasized her 'bump' which looked much more pronounced in her some of her recent choices (not that there's anything wrong with that- if you're eight months pregnant, your bump should be pronounced).

Instead of wearing a dull-or bright- pastel like many of the other ladies aboard, she had the wit to wear a smart black and white print, making it easier for onlookers to spot (haha!) her in the crowd.

And as for her hat, it's a smart and sassy look to call attention to her pretty face.

Here are a few more large pictures:

http://www.newmyroyals.com/

Last edited:
Like the hat and hairstyle. The coat print not so much.

Love the whole outfit. I am so glad she wears lady-like clothes. Not those horrible clingy ones.

I think Catherine is rocking this look. She looks radiant, and I'm happy to see her trying something new. Love the hat.

You took the words out of my mouth, Daria!

I liked the look it's something different. And, she wore a slip so when the wind blew all you saw was he slip no leg.

I took it as a dress under the coat rather than a slip. Her coat was open from u dee her bump down. I just figured she had a basic silk dress underneath similar to what she wore under her peach coat.

She really does look happy and healthy. After such a rough start,I hope she has an easy ninth month and delivery.

I think it's very nice. It isn't my favorite look of hers, but she as always looks classy and elegant and appropriate for the occasion. Even though I'm sure she's about to hit (if she hasn't already) that point in pregnancy when you feel about as solid as that ship. Here's hoping her last few weeks of being pregnant go by quickly and without complication.

I have to say that I am disappointed in Kate's pregnancy fashion. Her choices are so boring lately. I was really looking forward to seeing what she would wear, because in general, I like her style. But I keep waiting for her to really wow me, and she hasn't. It's been a total yawn. Boxy coats, hats she's already worn, and everything large and loose. Nothing sexy or modern or even chic. Just blah.

Her hems hang funny....it's like the dresses aren't being made with that extra fabric in the front so it offsets the room that is taken up by the expanding stomach...her hems never look even front to back. Seems like often they are higher in the front.

LaRae

Her hems hang funny....it's like the dresses aren't being made with that extra fabric in the front so it offsets the room that is taken up by the expanding stomach...her hems never look even front to back. Seems like often they are higher in the front.

LaRae

I find this interesting because bumps come in different shapes and sizes so sometimes this must happen. I wouldn't expect the hem of a pregnant woman to lie straight every time. And evenif it lies straight when it's bought, it probably won't a couple of weeks later. Unrealistic to think so.

I can only relate to dresses worn during my own pregnancies....my hems didn't have that shorter in the front thing...maybe that's the fashion now, don't know.

Still...she can afford to have tailoring done to her clothing....

LaRae

:previous:In this case, I think its a question of the pregnancy posture, hips forward, sinking down into your low back, ouch, and belly out front. Hard to avoid in the later months.
I LOVE the outfit, very sleek, and elegant and slimming the way the print is darker on the sides. A more grown=up look imo.
I say this as I type with my comfy leopard print pjs on:flowers:

Gosh, I have no idea whether my hems were higher in the front, the back, or perfectly even because I didn't have my photograph made that often, particularly when I was standing up and wearing a dress. I may have had the whole mullet look going on, and I never knew it! Toward the end, if it was clean and I could still fit into it, I put it on and off I went!

In this case, I think its a question of the pregnancy posture, hips forward, sinking down into your low back, ouch, and belly out front. Hard to avoid in the later months....
I agree. Also, it's not that easy to have absolutely even hems as the baby changes position in the last weeks (when typically baby 'drops' and head engages in the pelvis) and even the amount of amniotic fluid can vary throughout the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was thought to be Jane Taylor to start with, then the fashion gurus searched some more and said it was Sylvia Fletcher. Personally, I haven't a clue.

Can someone provide a link to the Jane Taylor one? I'm curious now

Miss. Hat's ugly. The dress print hurts my eyes. I know the press is calling it a Dalmatian print, looks more like a bad leopard print to me, and I am not a fan of leopard print to start with...

the company who made it calls it Dalmation. I do not know who decided that was what the print was but even i know that is not a Dalmation print.

:previous: x 2

The coat is made by Hobbs.

They call in Dalmatian on their web site.

Trooping of Colour - my screenshots.

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 3m
Kate in a light pink coat with a heavy collar and her pink Jane Corbett hat.

Attachments

• doCA.jpg
    doCA.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 218
Lovely colour for Kate and the hat looks very pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom