The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too want to like it but I really donot like the colour and the length is too short IMO I just can't like it at all and the hair horrible as usual IMO

That coat is far too short for a pregnant woman her age! Same with the shoes/boots. And she needs to do something more age-appropriate with her hair, too. She seems sweet, and like she's really trying to do a good job with these outings though.

I love the tartan coat but it's way too short, I imagine it's not maternity wear which is why it's so short. I know she's not big, but maternity wear is designed for bumps and to still look appropriate.

I like the Armani coat, its warm, nice color and good length, it seems she's been finding old pieces in her closet.
The scarf is a nice adition as well because it doesn't make the whole outfit too dark, and even though I don't really like her everlasting boots, I like them with this coat.
However I think her earrings don't match this outfit, rubies or with a yellow stone would be much better.

Kate looks great in the red coat. The tartan coat is nice, but would have been better. I'm surprised there wasn't a photo of her behind, as if she bent over, there was nowhere to hide it. The tights don't make up for the shortness...the coat is NOT a tunic. What is she thinking...

The Armani Red coat is a perfect outfit!!! and nice recycling

Kate looks great in the red coat. The tartan coat is nice, but would have been better. I'm surprised there wasn't a photo of her behind, as if she bent over, there was nowhere to hide it. The tights don't make up for the shortness...the coat is NOT a tunic. What is she thinking...

She was wearing a black pencil skirt with the tartan coat. While the coat had a flared skirt, the black skirt Prevented any modesty issues.

It's interesting how the coat changed his fashion message with the changing of the buttons from the left side to the middle. In 2006 ist was a very elegant and a bit daring wrapped coast with a low decollete, now it is a classic and modest piece fit for a princess. Thinking back to the last 10 years, wrapped dresses and coats were quite fashionable, so we might see some more recycled pieces before Catherine has to wear real maternity clothes.

Thank you Marika86 for the links to the pics.

Yes, the Countess of Strathearn looks great in the red Armani coat today. Nicely accessorized too, especially the Strathearn tartan scarf.

And she gets a pass on the boots - mild edema, common during pregnancy, makes your feet slightly 'puffy'. Any footwear that Kate - or any other pregnant lady - finds comfortable is fine.

Not a fan of yesterday's outfit, but I love what she wore today. She always looks really good in red.

Yes, this is a lovely colour on Kate and she looks very snug in the coat. I love the scarf too.

She made a much better choice today with the recycled red coat.:flowers:

Recycled and clearly and outstandingly better than the previous day the scarf is a nice touch the colour looks great on her.

The red coat is much much better, and the scarf is a lovely color with it. I certainly always approve of Kate's boots because I hate too high heels. Kate may find her shoe size has changed with pregnancy, permanently, as the feet stretch more while one is pregnant, and sometimes never go back to the old size. The stretchiness was explained to me by a doctor as part of the increased stretchiness of the body needed to deliver a baby.

This is a lovely coat and its a great length on her. Its great to know she can fit in it and is recycling it.

Much more polished and mature look today.

I like boots and tights. I wear them all the time.

Thank you Marika86 for the links to the pics.

Yes, the Countess of Strathearn looks great in the red Armani coat today. Nicely accessorized too, especially the Strathearn tartan scarf.

And she gets a pass on the boots - mild edema, common during pregnancy, makes your feet slightly 'puffy'. Any footwear that Kate - or any other pregnant lady - finds comfortable is fine.

I totally agree- but I will draw the line at Crocs!

Love the orange/red Armani--and it fits! Looks better on her now than in 2006, looks like it was meant to be a maternity coat...aahh Armani
Scarf is adorable too, gold is a good color next to her skin.

I love the red coat. Her Highness looks very elegant, and what a nice touch with the scarf.

I love the red coat. Her Highness looks very elegant, and what a nice touch with the scarf.

I really like the touch of the Strathean tartan scarf. She's carried it a few times before and wore it with the red coat. Its really a pretty pattern I think.

LOVE the coat/scarf today! Much better than yesterday!

LaRae

Nice to see the Strathearn tartan fully revealed. It went so well with the coat which was a much better and elegant outfit today. Bright jewel colors look so good on Kate.

Last edited:
The red coat is fantastic. Both elegant and classic. Great color as well.

I like how she wore the Strathearn scarf today and that she wore the Royal Navy Sumbarine brooch. Hats off to Anna's FB pages for those:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=311992655556273&set=a.286721141416758.71520.132426196846254&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=333923193363219&set=a.298780350210837.73757.132426196846254&type=3&theater

Oooh, how many closets do you think she has that she still has this coat? Maybe storage at Mom's?

The Duchess looks amazing in Red!! I love that brooch too!! Love, love, love!!

This time she looked really nice. I still hate her boots (there is nothing I can do about it) but the rest of the outfit is good. It's a nice coat, with an appropriate hem lenght and looks better now than in 2006. Her hair is also much better than the previous day

This time she looked really nice. I still hate her boots (there is nothing I can do about it) but the rest of the outfit is good. It's a nice coat, with an appropriate hem lenght and looks better now than in 2006. Her hair is also much better than the previous day

agree 100%!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom