The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 2: May 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The outfit Sophie is wearing for trooping the colour has quite a low neckline
Getty-Images-News

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I quite like the cut of the neckline, low but not too revealing, I also like how it is styled slightly off the shoulders. The color is great for the season and on her. I love her hat, its so pretty.

Sophie looks amazing; this is really a flattering neckline which showcases her pretty shoulders.

I love watching Sophies' hats; IMO she has the best hats of all the British royals - not always to my taste but somehow always different and interesting to watch.
This one is just amazing with the giant flower :flowers:

I liked Sophie's choice today. I am with you on the hat UserDane; Sophie's hats are always a bit "out there" but I like that she chooses to wear them. Today's hat was lovely. She does appear to like the large flowers on hats. Her jacket was lovely too, if a bit lowcut, but it suited her. The colour was beautiful as well, complimented her blonde hair well.

On a side note, I thought it cute that Sophie and Louise both wore pink.

Molly2101 said:
On a side note, I thought it cute that Sophie and Louise both wore pink.

ITA - her pink coat with the red trimmings stole the show and won a best dressed from me! :)

ITA - her pink coat with the red trimmings stole the show and won a best dressed from me! :)

It was a delightful coat! Louise was definitely up there in the best dressed ranks! Her bow in her hair was also adorable.

I love that hat am pleased to see it again and no the jacket is not new actually quite old but she looks great in pink IMO

It is not a new jacket - she wore it to Ascot a number of years ago. Think the hat is also a repeat again from Ascot (though a different year from the jacket outing)
Yes, you are right PrincessofEurope. Today's hat supposed to go with the outfit that she wore at 2009 Trooping the Colour which she made first outing at 2006 Ascot. Today's outfit was worn at 2003 Ascot with a different bigger hat. The Countess just mixed it up little bit but it turned out greatly though, I think.

I think it's good that Sophie recycles old outfits. Good use of her funding!

I liked the hat Sophie wore today. The color was really pretty.

I really liked Sophie's attire for Trooping the Colour. It was elegant and classy (and again, I'm not a hat person, but really liked this particular one). The added bonus was seeing her and her daughter wear almost identical shade of pink. Lady Louise's coat looked classy as well.

The COW was the best dressed Royal lady at TTC today! Love her outfit and hat, and love that shade of pink!

It's a lovely outfit. I'm just not fond of that hat shape. She seems to like it, I find it rather outdated and frumpy to be honest.
I'm all for wide-brimmed hats on her (and in general). ;)
Nevertheless, she looked nice and her Epson outfit was also great - looking forward to her outfits at Garter and Ascot.

I have a problem with the size of the flower. it made look more like a pink cabbage. But the rest, shape of the hay, I liked

It's a lovely outfit. I'm just not fond of that hat shape. She seems to like it, I find it rather outdated and frumpy to be honest.
I'm all for wide-brimmed hats on her (and in general). ;)
Nevertheless, she looked nice and her Epson outfit was also great - looking forward to her outfits at Garter and Ascot.

I love when Sophie wears wide-brimmed hats too. I think they really suit her. I forgot about the Garter service. I hope she attends!

Did not like Sophie's outfit today at the service, too dull and plain. And she looked bored and unhappy!

Here is a link to Sophie's outfit today. I have to admit, it is quite a plain ensemble when you considering what some of the other guests are wearing. It is a lovely outfit though, but quite informal for the event today. I love the headgear though!

I have to agree roseroyal; Sophie did not look happy today. Perhaps it's just the photographs that have become available, but she appears to be scowling in some of them. Yesterday she appeared to be very happy, perhaps she wasn't having a good day today. Let's hope it's nothing serious.

Thanks for the full view- I had just seen the side before...
Do not like the outfit for reasons said above, and do not like the headpiece...

I didn't care for the outfit at the Trooping of the Color, the neckline showed a little too much skin on top. The color was beautiful and the hat lovely, but not so much the cut. The outfit from the church service was a bit boring, she could have done a lot just by smiling but that didn't happen. Maxima is a prime example of how a not so great outfit can look much better when you smile.

The Countess was the best dressed lady at Trooping the Color imo. Luv the hat!

The Countess was the best dressed lady at Trooping the Color imo. Luv the hat!

That title definitely goes to Lady Louise, haha!

Sophie attended the Order of the Garter at Windsor Castle today.

One + Two

I am sure we've seen this green headpiece before. Either way, I like it, particularly with her hair up.

She look very pretty. I like the hair up too.

I really like her hair styled that way.

Although I don't always like her hats, I will say she seems to have fun with them. She picks such interesting ones.

I love this fascinator, Sophie seems to favour fascinators rather than full hats.

That title definitely goes to Lady Louise, haha!

Sophie attended the Order of the Garter at Windsor Castle today.

One + Two

I am sure we've seen this green headpiece before. Either way, I like it, particularly with her hair up.

Thanks Molly2101 for the photos :flowers:
Very nice.I like too and hope so to see a full view of the outfit :)

She looks very smart love the green as well and would like to dee the dress underneath it looks beaded. The rose is very nice. In fact it is like the Trooping of the Colour rose and I do love that hat too. She has looked very lovely on all the occasions IMO over the last days.

Last edited:
She looks very smart love the green as well and would like to dee the dress underneath it looks beaded. The rose is very nice. In fact it is like the Trooping of the Colour rose and I do love that hat too. She has looked very lovely on all the occasions IMO over the last days.

In last days/months all outfits are hits for Sophie in IMO :)

service for the order of the garter at st. george's chapel, windsor, berkshire, britain - 13 jun 2011 - Rex Features - 20312086-015 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie
service for the order of the garter at st. george's chapel, windsor, berkshire, britain - 13 jun 2011 - Rex Features - 20312086-017 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie

it's not a full view just half of Sophie's outfit :) ,but you can see the dress.She is standing beside Camila and Kate :)
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

edit:
some new pictires
service for the order of the garter at st. george's chapel, windsor, berkshire, britain - 13 jun 2011 - Rex Features - 20312087-007 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie
service for the order of the garter at st. george's chapel, windsor, berkshire, britain - 13 jun 2011 - Rex Features - 20312087-008 - Agence Photo - Fotoagentschap - Banque d'Images - Image Bank - Paparazzi - Videos | Isopix.be | Belgique, Belgie
http://www.isopix.be/temp/preview/ISOPIX_20312087-002.JPG

new pictures of Sophie,Countess of Wessex.She looks very pretty :)

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Royal Press Europe - Royal Photoagency - © Albert Nieboer & Albert Philip van der Werf
Picture details

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: All three ladies look quite fabulous. Love Sophie's hairstyle, though not too fond of the greet fascinator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom