The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 2: May 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks okay, the dress' design together with the jacket looks pretty outdated to me, though. But I do like the color combo on her.

That's the best look I've ever seen on CoW. Outdated? That's a style that never goes out of style.

Not a great look for her...too boring

Yeap, Kitty. Outdated, at least to me. ;)

PS: I actually think Sophie is a nice dresser but for my personal taste she always dressed a bit too old.
Purely a matter of taste. :)

Yeap, Kitty. Outdated, at least to me. ;)

PS: I actually think Sophie is a nice dresser but for my personal taste she always dressed a bit too old.
Purely a matter of taste. :)

Define "too old", as Sophie is 46, not much younger than my mother, and I could picture her wearing something similar. I often forget Sophie is 46 as her children are quite young and Charles is much older. HoweverI am then reminded of the large age gap between Charles and Edward.

I disagree, I think the dress is very age appropriate. The colours blend well together. I think Sophie is quite an elegant dress. Her headpieces, at times, do lead to huge discussion and are often quite "out there" but usually her clothes suit her figure.

i liked very much :),it's lovely combination :)

Nice smart is that the bag from the wedding love the hat I do prefer a wide brim when it comes to hats and the colour is great on her .. a winner ... IMO

Can you provide another link to a pic of Sophie?

Nice smart is that the bag from the wedding love the hat I do prefer a wide brim when it comes to hats and the colour is great on her .. a winner ... IMO

I do think it is the same bag from the wedding and I think the dress beneath the jacket is from the wedding, just with a longer dress instead. Excellent way to use the outfit twice, using different jackets. I think the colour and style of the dress and jacket are beautiful and although the hat is a bit "out there", as are most of her hats, I think it's lovely.

roseroyal said:
Can you provide another link to a pic of Sophie?

Here is a link to another photo where you can see her hat more clearly. Courtesy of Zimbio.

here is another link to a picture of Sophie. Courtesy of Daily Mail via PA .

Last edited:
Not feeling the hat. I don't like the flowers sprouting from underneath the brim.

Love the shoes. They do look like Kate's. I've seen those nude heels on a lot of red carpets lately.

Not feeling the hat. I don't like the flowers sprouting from underneath the brim.

Love the shoes. They do look like Kate's. I've seen those nude heels on a lot of red carpets lately.

I am pretty sure they're the same shoes she and Princess Beatrice wore to the Easter service this year. I am sure it was Beatrice who was wearing them, but it could have been Eugenie. I know it was one of the York sisters. They are lovely shoes though. I always wonder on how earth they walk in such high heels in grass. I can barely walk in them THAT high on solid ground, let alone soft earth, haha.

You're right, she did wear them to the Easter service. I just found a picture of her and Eugenie.

Princess Eugenie Photos - The Queen attends Easter service - Zimbio

It really does take some type of skill to wear heels in grass. I've not been able to master it yet. Lol.

I thought I recognised them. They are beautiful shoes. I'd love a pair...though I doubt I could afford the pair they own. Perhaps i'll settle for a TopShop remake, haha. It is a skill to walk on the grass. Hats off to the ladies there.

They really are beautiful shoes. I've been on the hunt for an affordable pair for a while now. Some day I'll find them. :lol:

Well if you do find a pair and they are from a shop that is available in Europe, inform me! Hah.

The outfit at the Derby looked quite nice, but I would have gone without the flowers on the hat.

Well if you do find a pair and they are from a shop that is available in Europe, inform me! Hah.
Will do! I did find out that Kate's shoes are LK Bennett London. But they are out of my price range. :sad:

Sledge2 Court Taupe L.K.Bennett

You were also right about Beatrice wearing nude heels. She wore them to the Chelsea Flower Show.

Here's another photo of Sophie. I'm still not liking that hat.

Photo from Getty Images

Last edited:
The L.K.Bennett shoes look a lot like Sophie and Eugenie's shoes. I know that L.K.Bennett is a Royal family favourite for footwear so all the aforementioned girls could be wearing L.K.Bennett shoes. Like you said, a bit out of my price range too!

I like Sophie's hat...it's "out there", but it works. She is a firm favourite Royal for me, so I may be slightly bias, hah!

Getting tired of the Countess in these neutral/golden colours - been there seen it on her before time to move on she suits brighter shades i think they work best with the colour of her hair and skintone

I don't know why,but I like the hole outfit including hat too :) I also think that the dress,shoes and bag is from the weding,and just wonderful to put again in different event in other way ;-).
And about the shoes all royal ladies IMO have this tape and just strange they all have it in the same color :)

Here's another photo of Sophie. I'm still not liking that hat.

Photo from Getty Images

I don't mind her outfit, its elegant & she wears it well especially those colors but yes we've seen it over and over. I don't mind the hat, its different and one of the few nice ones she has worn.

I think Sophie's ensemble looked terrific and her accessories were spot on. The hat though, was inspired. Without the flowers the entire outfit would have looked very sharp and severe. With the flowers she looked perfectly dress for a day at the races.

PS: Love the shoes!!!

I love the elegant outfit, but dislike the hat, too fussy!

Sophie wears a pink outfit for Trouping the Colour :) and Louise was with her and Eugenie in the carriage :)

The outfit Sophie is wearing for trooping the colour has quite a low neckline
Getty-Images-News

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/115878876/Getty-Images-News

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom