Sarah's Interviews and Television Appearances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't watch JK very often ... late for me. However, this is a COMEDY talk show NOT Piers Morgan (who I actually thought went very soft on SF). His is one of a variety of late night talk shows used to promote sales of books and CDs. With the right guest it is usually very funny, this is not the kind of show for SF to go on to pimp her (serious) book, it is not a serious show. Not surprised that he would make a joke about Oprah, as I said yesterday there are people who love her and those who really don't. Hers is a sob sisiter type of show. I was struck by Sarah consistently saying on the Piers Morgan show "Oprah says" or "Dr. Phil says". The people to be blamed for this lastest silliness are the people who booked her on the JK show to begin with, it's almost as if they were trying to make her look like the fool. IF she knew the kind of interviewer he was and IF she was quick on her feet with a comeback quip it might have been funny, but then she would have just not really talked in a serious way about the book. :ermm:

I don't think she even mentioned the book at all, just the series. Opportunity lost.

I thought her Frank Sinatra story was actually quite charmingly told. And as I said, I think JK was gentle with her, only pulling out the barbs on Oprah, or as he called Oprah "Jesus Christ's sister." No way for Sarah to adequate respond to that, unless she wanted to bite the hand that is currently feeding her.

Sigh. silver_bic, when you are right, you are right.

My inner Pollyanna came out for a frolic there.

I completely agree with you. I have said it a millions times on here before and have gotten in trouble for saying it but who cares I will say it again. Andrew is the key to stopping this whole thing. Until he finally put his foot down it won't stop. After all you have to use your backbone to put your foot down. I know it I am gonna get in trouble for that one....O Well!

ETA. OK, I just saw it on the ABC Web site. Kimmel was surprisingly gentle with her. Still can't stand him.
I LOVE Jimmy Kimmel. He's a HOOT. However, Sarah's people should have KNOWN this man came from The MAN show where they drank beer and watched girls on trampolines. Really. He tamed his show down somewhat and brought it to late night tv.

I LOVE Jimmy Kimmel. He's a HOOT. However, Sarah's people should have KNOWN this man came from The MAN show where they drank beer and watched girls on trampolines. Really. He tamed his show down somewhat and brought it to late night tv.

Might be a case of whose willing to have her? If you can't get on Letterman or Leno than you take what comes your way.

I don't watch JK very often ... late for me. However, this is a COMEDY talk show NOT Piers Morgan (who I actually thought went very soft on SF).

Princess Eugenie: 'If I were Queen, I'd make Mondays part of the weekend' | Mail Online

All you need to read on why Morgan was like that with Sarah. He seems fond of her, which makes for a s--- interview when you're talking about something serious. Go down to Nov 1st.

I completely agree with you. I have said it a millions times on here before and have gotten in trouble for saying it but who cares I will say it again. Andrew is the key to stopping this whole thing. Until he finally put his foot down it won't stop. After all you have to use your backbone to put your foot down. I know it I am gonna get in trouble for that one....O Well!

I agree with you 100%. But to be truthful, I don't believe Andrew will ever grow a backbone until he is pushed by Beatrice. She's young - but she's smart, computer-savy (so she knows what's going on in the US) and mature for her age. She also obviously loves her mother deeply and is very protective of her. Hopefully, Beatrice will see the problem and encourage her father to do something to protect Sarah.

I still strongly believe that it is a disgrace that Oprah could have
any access to HRH Beatrice and HRH Eugenie.

The Queen needs to step in, because Andrew will never take charge of the
situation.

For those who have been responding to my post about Sarah being on JK in such a manner that it feels like I'm being talked down to, not only do I not appreciate it, but...

I get JK is not a serious show. I get it's Late Night TV. You're talking to a fan of The Daily Show w/Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report here. However, JK is not my kind of "funny" and the man gives me a gigantic level of the "Ewwwwww!!!!". Same w/Conan.

If you like him and that type of show, then great for you. However, I haven't posted anything condsending regarding any of those posts the way some have to my posting yesterday. I don't appreciate being talked down and am not impressed, as I thought this Forum was more mature in regards to posts such as that.

Okay...Back on topic...

Pity they couldn't have gotten her on something w/far more quality to it when it comes to Late Night Talk TV. However, what's done is done.

I really don't think it's going to be Andrew who ends up saying, "Enough is enough!!" here. As has been said, you need a backbone to do that and it sounds like that isn't anywhere to be seen w/him. I think it's going to end up being Beatrice who does step in. After all, it's her and Eugenie who are *really* being hurt by the actions of both of their parents the last few years. Both in public and in private.

I'm sorry if you feel that I talked down to you, it was certainly not my intention. I just could not understand why any of "her people" would have booked her on that show. Now I have (joking, here) to take offense with comparisons of JK to Conan, IMO, they are two very different people. Both rather silly types, however Conan is much more unkind and nasty. Thankfully, as ill placed being on JK's show, thank heaven she was not on Conan as he would have absolutely shredded her and if she thinks she has low self esteem it would have been much lower after C O'B got finished with her. Again, I'm sorry that you feel anyone was talking down to you, I too watch Jon Stewart and Colbert but I have also laughed on occasion at/with JK. :)

Andrew can't be so broke that he can't settle a jointure on Sarah in exchange for her stepping out of the limelight. Didn't he get 15MM (pounds) for SouthYork in 2009? It's not up to the Queen. If Andrew has taken over her care and feeding, then he needs to do it properly. Without remarrying her. That would subject her to the kind of scrutiny that did no one any good, decades ago. She's just not suitable.

But then what? What happens when the money is spent, and she's in debt once again?
Because I don't think any amount of money will be enough for her.

Andrew's best bet at this point (if he is still refusing to stop all contact with her) is to provide her with another place of residence, and hire a financial manager for her. But no matter what he does, I doubt he'll be able to control her spending.

If Andrew hasn't put his foot down before now, and it's obvious he hasn't, he never will. I believe that Andrew is just as immature as Sarah and that's why they've always clicked because their personalities are alike.
I don't think it was wise at all to feature Eugenie and Beatrice on their mother's show. I saw a picture of the two during their interview and by the picture I could tell neither young woman appeared happy and Beatrice appeared to be angry, of course, it was just a picture, but it said a lot to me.
I can see Oprah suggesting using Sarah's daughters in that, the young women would have pulling power with audiences. Oprah is desperate for this series to do well to shore up her failing OWN. I read about a month ago, it was only pulling in about 120,000 viewers a day. Not enough for it to survive.

Andrew is totally enabling Sarah to continue on in this manner. Quoting from http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...sarah-oprah-winfrey-bankrupt-prince-andrew/1/
"If I didn’t have him, I'd be homeless," she said of her former spouse, adding that she is "continually on the verge of bankruptcy".
During filming with financial adviser Suze Orman, she admitted that her gilded lifestyle with Andrew means she "really doesn't understand finances at all"

While I think the docu-series is/was a bad idea for Sarah and her daughters, I feel that the whole family needs therapy along with Sarah - Andrew for enabling her, and her daughters for being the excuses used in the enabling.

But then what? What happens when the money is spent, and she's in debt once again?
Because I don't think any amount of money will be enough for her.

Andrew's best bet at this point (if he is still refusing to stop all contact with her) is to provide her with another place of residence, and hire a financial manager for her. But no matter what he does, I doubt he'll be able to control her spending.

I'm thinking a jointure in terms of a lump sum held in trust, with the income from that trust going to Andrew's finance manager to handle on behalf of Sarah. Not giving her the money outright! Good Lord, no.

So actually, your second paragraph goes with that.

Any way that will NOT put money directly into her hands. If that means rent for her living quarters paid out of a trust as well as an automobile, a limited amount of cash put in her hands on a monthly basis and if she spends it .... she has to wait until the next month. Needless to say a credit card with a very small limit that will bounce if she tries to overspend, and lastly a limited charge account at some kind of market or grocery store agreement that will not include expenditures on expensive wine and champagne as well as an agreement from her husband and daughters that they will not hand over any additional money to her. If she cannot charge plane fares and expensive hotels and restaurants and, boutiques etc., then she will not be able to over spend. IF some company or person wants her to represent them in some way they should have to go through some formal process for approval then they should be required to pay all associated costs.

When an adult behaves like a child then they need to be treated like a child. All those restrictions should be a wake up call to Sarah.... IMHO.

Any way that will NOT put money directly into her hands. If that means rent for her living quarters paid out of a trust as well as an automobile, a limited amount of cash put in her hands on a monthly basis and if she spends it .... she has to wait until the next month. Needless to say a credit card with a very small limit that will bounce if she tries to overspend, and lastly a limited charge account at some kind of market or grocery store agreement that will not include expenditures on expensive wine and champagne as well as an agreement from her husband and daughters that they will not hand over any additional money to her. If she cannot charge plane fares and expensive hotels and restaurants and, boutiques etc., then she will not be able to over spend. IF some company or person wants her to represent them in some way they should have to go through some formal process for approval then they should be required to pay all associated costs.

When an adult behaves like a child then they need to be treated like a child. All those restrictions should be a wake up call to Sarah.... IMHO.

I agree with but I will go you one further. What needs to happen is that Sarah's finanical matters should be placed in the hands of 1. A competent independent attorney with no affiliation with Andrew or any member of the RF. 2. All of her finances need to be handled by one of the big private wealth management equity firms for example J.P. Morgan, Ernst & Young, or Price Waterhouse wealth management. All the things you mentioned can be handled by them since they handle this for people who have not reached the age of majority or cannot handle their affairs which we have all seen Sarah cannot handle her affairs. The smart thing is for Andrew to do is to remove himself from the equation completely so she won't always think of him as her safety net. Maybe then he will be able to move on himself once she is out of the way. Sunday Susie Orman told Sarah that she needed to be independent. Sarah looked at her like she was from another planet when she said that. I quess to Sarah Susie was from another planet it's called " Planet Logic".....Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Suze Orman often gives poor financial advice. Many of the companies you mention caused the financial crisis. Sarah has a problem. Suze cannot understand relationships, either. I have heard some of her advice. She is gay, which is fine, but not for everyone.

Suze Orman often gives poor financial advice. Many of the companies you mention caused the financial crisis. Sarah has a problem. Suze cannot understand relationships, either. I have heard some of her advice. She is gay, which is fine, but not for everyone.

Sorry, but why her sexuality has to do with this matter?! Not getting it...:ermm:

Finding Sarah

I watched the first showing of Finding Sarah and would like to share my personal opinion;

First and foremost, I got the impression that Sarah was determined to come across as worthy of sympathy, and that was the reason she told of her late mother's alleged threats to beat satan out of her. I say "alleged" because none of us were present in her childhood home, and therefore we cannot know if these allegations are fact or fiction.

As I listened to her speaking of her life as Prince Andrew's wife, I wanted to feel sorry for her being left so soon after marriage, but that's the lot of all military wives. Sarah knew Andrew was active military when she met him, and certainly she would have known they would have lengthy seperations. It's understandable that any wife wants to be with her husband, but I personally do not believe Sarah was the naive, uninformed girl she might like us to see her as.

With respect to her financial life, this is a woman who's had more opportunity than most of us, and she's squandered it. She's been an author, a Weight Watchers spokesperson, and a public speaker. All of those pay quite well. Perhaps if Sarah had lived within her very generous means, she wouldn't be in the pickle she's in today.

As for her daughters appearing and defending her honor, sad, sad, sad. How truly unfortunate that at such a tender age these girls are having to play parent to their mother. I agree with other posters who've suggested that Her Magesty the Queen is likely not to look kindly upon this. A responsible parent would not want their children, especially children of the Royal Family, to be drawn into a tawdry soap opera expose. Along with her fiscal irresponsibility, this willingness to use her daughters love has me questioning Sarah's judgement in general.

And finally this thought; many of us, myself included had childhoods full of very real physical as well as mental abuse. We survivors have spent countless hours working on our personal recovery and growth, and most of us haven't once even considered using that painful childhood as an excuse for bad, careless, or foolish behavior. If Sarah was in fact abused as a child, it is incumbent on her to deal with it in therapy with a qualified therapist. This is best done in a private manner ... NOT on tv.

Thank you for creating this thread, it's lovely to be able to share thoughts with like-minded individuals.

Lola

I never said Susie Orman was Warren Buffet or anyone like that & gave rock solid financial advice. She just said that Sarah needs to be independent which is advice I think she would get from anyone hopefully. As far as the names of firms I through out there they were just the first names that came to mind. For all I care it could be Bert & Ernie's Wealth Management. My point was that Andrew just needs to put the situation in independent hands.

Last edited:
Sarah is like a run-away train where the brakes have failed! My advice: Stop doing TV interviews where everyone is laughing at you behind your back. All these TV companies want to do is bump up the ratings I doubt they really care about Sarah. Andrew has no backbone whatsoever and let's Sarah get on with it. The real truth of the matter I think is that ---- Sarah just loves money too much and will do anything to get it. When she does it does not bring her any happiness. I wonder if she had re-married again whether that would have made her content. She did say she wanted to marry again but ... who would have me? But also she would have LOST her Title maybe she could not bear that!

I agree with you angieuk and I should have want that the Duke of York marries again with a nice lady of the British Nobility and Sarah was again Fergusson for always .

But perhaps, for the Duke, Sarah is still the "nice lady".

If not, then he would hardly be living with her still.

But perhaps, for the Duke, Sarah is still the "nice lady".

If not, then he would hardly be living with her still.

One thing I have noticed in her last few interviews she has been saying that Andrew allows her to stay in one of his guest rooms when she is in London. That they are basically to ships that pass in the night. Go figure :whistling:

Well, she would have to say that, for form's sake.

Well, she would have to say that, for form's sake.

Oh I don't doubt that. Well she is supposed to be on the " The Talk " today. The promo said she will talk about how she explained herself to Andrew & Why they still live together? We will see.

Well, I have no complaints as regards Suze's financial advice. I've followed her for years and have never had a "miss" with investing. I lost a ton of money in the crash of '08, but it wasn't her fault. I am now following her new financial protocol for post-crash investing and am doing very well.

She's gay! OMG, mothers, hide your daughters! Ms. Ormon might give them some prudent financial strategies...

Suze's advice does leave much to be desired. However it was the laws already on the books that were not enforced by the government that caused the financial meltdown.
Cat Cora's gay too. Doesn't mean her cooking sucks.

Suze's advice is laughable and I wouldn't go with even Warren Buffet anymore, he's not all he's cracked up to be.;) Sarah needs to find a very reputable financial advisor that knows the ropes and can be trusted, but she needs this in private.

Sarah needs to find a very reputable financial advisor that knows the ropes and can be trusted, but she needs this in private.

First of all, I think Sarah will have a tough time finding anybody who isn't out to use her. Secondly, you can give Sarah all the advisors she needs or wants, but it doesn't mean she'll listen or take their advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom