Royal Family of Serbia current events 2: February 2005 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarkozy aide's wife claims he handled 'bags of cash' for illegal political funds - Europe, World - The Independent
The aristocratic wife of a former aide to President Nicolas Sarkozy has publicly accused her estranged husband of making frequent trips abroad in the 1990s to collect "bags of cash" for illegal political funds.
In her first public comments on a deepening political scandal, Princess Hélène of Yugoslavia, 50, also said she had been threatened by her husband with losing custody of her children and "ending in an asylum" if she spoke too freely to independent investigators.
Princess Hélène, the great-grand-daughter of the last king of Italy, has become one of the key figures in the so-called "Karachi affair" since her husband, Thierry Gaubert, and Nicolas Bazire, another close associate of Mr Sarkozy, were arrested last week and formally accused of handling kick-backs on multibillion-dollar arms contracts.

Prince Dimitri attended "Barneys New York and James de Givenchy celebrate
the world of Muriel Brandolini" held at Barneys New York on October 11, 2011.

** Pic **

Prince Dimitri attended the premiere of "The skin I live in" by Pedro Almodovar
held in New York on 14 October 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Dimitri attended the American Associates of the Royal Academy Trust Annual
Gala held at The Pierre Hotel, New York City, October 25, 2011.

Princess Alexandra of Kent was present as well (pic 3).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Yesterday, November 4, Prince Dimitri attended the 2011 Casita Maria Fiesta!
charity event in New York. The Casita Maria is a center for arts and education.

** Pic **

Prince Dimitri attended a dinner hosted by The Galerie Gmurzynska and Princess Michael of Kent
to celebrate the opening of The Pavilion Of Art And Design New York held at the Cafe Gitane
at the Jane Hotel, New York City, November 6.

** Pic **

Prince Dimitri was present at the American Ballet Theatre City Center Opening Night Gala
held at NYC Center & The Plaza Hotel, New York City, November 8.

** Pic **

The late Prince Paul, Regent of Yugoslavia, was today rehabilitated by the High Court of Serbia. He was cleared of all "crimes" that he was falsely charged with by the Communist government that took power in his country in 1945. His daughter, Princess Elizabeth, has been striving for this verdict for the past three and a half years.

Rehabilitacija Kara

Royalty Rehabilitated in Retrospect
30 Dec 2011

BELGRADE - Serbia saw the first rehabilitation of a member of its royal family earlier this month, in a move by the supreme court described by historians as "deeply moral" and necessary - for generations who remember the Karadjordjevics as well as those who have learned about them from the history books.

The 15-page long court ruling says prince-regent Paul Karadjordjevic (1893-1976) will no longer be considered a war criminal - the conviction pronounced against him by the Communist regime that took over in 1945 at the end of World War II.

The ruling also says that rehabilitation means restoration of property to the prince's heirs, seized by the Communists 66 years ago.

"The prince's criminal conviction was of a political and ideological nature," historian Branka Prpa told IPS in an interview. "His rehabilitation is a matter of reviewing historical biases. History did happen, we have the precise facts, and we have to look at them again. What we had as a ruling against him since 1945 was a selective approach to history and a falsification of facts," she added.

Full article: SERBIA: Royalty Rehabilitated in Retrospect - IPS ipsnews.net

Statement from HRH Crown Prince Alexander II office

STATEMENT FROM HRH CROWN PRINCE ALEXANDER II OFFICE REGARDING ARTICLE PUBLISHED IN POLITIKA DAILY
Regarding the statement by HRH Prince Alexander (Paul) Karadjordjevic, published in today’s Politika daily, the Office of HRH Crown Prince Alexander expresses surprise because the burial places of Their Royal Highnesses Prince Paul and Princess Olga were always saved in the memorial Crypt of Karadjordjevic family in Oplenac.
These places, and positions and number of places were registered in the documentation of the Managing board of the Foundation in Oplenac for almost fifteen years, and the Municipality of Topola, and the cabinet of His Holiness and Episcope in charge were also duly inform about that.
In addition the Office of HRH Crown Prince Alexander would be grateful if the media would please verify for accuracy any questions and issues with the Head of Public Relations details below.

Last edited:
Princess Elisabeth interview on the official rehabilitation of her father Prince Paul

From the You Tube opening post:
Prince Paul Karadjordjevic is rehabilitated after many years. He was unjustly convicted as war criminal, was deprived of his civil rights and assets in Yugoslavia.
Princess Elisabeth Karadjordjevic, daughter of Prince Paul, all these years consistently argued innocence of his father and succeeded. Elisabeth Karadjordjevic is the guest in the studio.

Rehabilitacija kneza Pavla - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess to visit Halifax - Local - Halifax Courier
HRH Princess Katarina Karadjordjevic, pictured, will be a special guest of the Serbian Orthodox Church of St John the Baptist in Halifax.
Her visit on February 4 marks the “Serbian Month in Great Britain 2012.”
She is the second wife of Prince Alexander of the Serbian royal family, the son of King Peter, who opened the church in 1965.

HRH Princess Katarina Karadjordjevic visited the children oncohemathology centre of Belgrade hospital where she handed out candies and toys to sick children before attending a "Christmas lunch" in a shelter for abandoned children.

Photogallery

...Prince-Regent Paul Karadjordjevic (1893-1976) will no longer be considered a war criminal - the conviction pronounced against him by the Communist regime that took over in 1945 at the end of World War II.

The ruling also says that rehabilitation means restoration of property to the prince's heirs, seized by the Communists 66 years ago.
Prince Paul and Princess Olga had three children, two of whom survive:

• Prince Alexander (1924-)
• Prince Nikola (1928-killed in a motor accident near Windsor 1954)
• Princess Elisabeth (1936-)

Prince Dimitri attended the 2012 Museum Dance held at the American Museum of Natural History, NYC on March 8, 2012.

** Pic **

Prince Dimitri attended the 15th Annual ASPCA Bergh Ball held at The Plaza, New York City on April 12, 2012.

** Pic **

Princess Katarina at the Royal Photography Exhibition at The Ritz London on April 19, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Dimitri is a real Master: Prince Dimitri Bespoke Jewelry by appointment
Apart from enjoying his unique creations, don't hesitate to download the 'History' of his family. A very brief yet informative article about the Crown Jewels of both the Italian & Serbian royal families, that cannot be missed! :flowers:

I never even knew Prince Dimitri is such a master; he is a true artist.
Those pieces are absolutely breathtaking, especially the Paisley, Emerald Tree, the Medieval Key, and Dagger Earrings. Stunning!

Last edited:
The Peacock Brooch for me, please! Thank you! :wub:

Artemisia, I had been too much into the British and Jordanian royal families and used to read solely about their members. The last few months I have begun to discover other royals, that can be equally fascinating and even more. I believe we've got a true artist here, with an extraordinary talent. And most importantly, Prince Dimitri managed to use his talent and produce true art. Each jewel is a unique masterpiece and I hope each one ends up in good hands. I truly hope that the owners of these pieces will take good care of these items! :flowers:

Did you read the history of PD's family? It's a fascinating read, with breathtaking pictures of the ladies! ;)

The Peacock Brooch for me, please! Thank you! :wub:
Did you read the history of PD's family? It's a fascinating read, with breathtaking pictures of the ladies! ;)
The peacock Brooch is stunning, especially the contrast of green and blue (this particular shaded of both, incidentally, being my favourite colours ever).
I did read the history section - the pictures are gorgeous! I've been doing some research on Serbian (Yugoslavian) Royal Family lately but Prince Dimitri has been largely under my radar; I'll now pay more attention to him and his branch of family because he is a fascinating person and a true artist.

Prince Dimitri attended the Venetian Heritage's 2012 Gala held at The Pershing Square
Signature Center in New York City on April 23, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I read these articles and IMo their "fight" will be a long one.... They are accusing themselves about received/non received money, he calls her "not too intelligent", he menaces her... Dirty fight...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom