Royal and Noble Families of Italy Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting that the pink stones are tourmaline (semi-precious) instead of amethyst (precious). The same counts for the history told in that article: garnets instead of rubies. It sounds a bit as if it was the purpose to make-believe.

Amethyst is not a precious stone. It's just purple quartz.

Here is a pic of the Diamond & Topaz Parure worn by Clotilde at her wedding.
source: unknown, but original pic from "Queens' Jewels" by Vincent Meylan

I wonder how many of the jewels have been retained.

What an eye for details...

I would never notice it. Thnx :)

a modern photo of the wedding gift earrings of queen maria jose and anothe photo i found of this sapphire tiara that it was said it belonged to the italian royal family and here is the one i found of the tiara i looks ike it's from an auction catalogue so it seems like it was sold .

Last edited:
i changed the link to the photo i was talking about cause i mixed them up and posted the same picture twice .

This sapphire tiara looks a bit like sapphire tiara that belonged to the Princely Barberini family.

It was bought by the Arthur and Dorothy McFerrin Foundation. They have a huge collection of Faberge that I believe is on display at a museum in Houston, Texas.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Beautiful tiara yet difficult to wear, but Princess Claude at her wedding wore it perfeclty!

It seems that Princess Françoise de L.'s Son wantd to keep the tiara.

It seems that Princess Françoise de L.'s Son wantd to keep the tiara.

Apparently he wasn't the one who sold the tiara and found out about the sale when reading about it on the blog https://royalwatcherblog.com (good blog written by a very nice guy). Luckily he managed to buy it back before the auction. Though being unmarried and with no siblings to carry on the family line who knows what he'll do with it.

I think you are mixing up the tiaras!

The one that Princess Francoise's son Prince Charles Henri de Lobkowicz retrieved is shown in the link that Marc23 provided in his post above. That tiara was made in France and goes back to Princess Madeleine de Bourbon-Busset, who married Prince Francesco, Duke of Parma. Prince Charles somehow seemed to have the sale cancelled, but we don't know who originally put it up for sale.

The tiara from eya's link is a different tiara and the sale is still going ahead. This tiara was made by Köchert and was
Given by Emperor François-Joseph of Austria to Archduchess Marie Anne of Austria on the occasion of her wedding with Prince Elie de Bourbon-Parme in 1903.
It was probably inherited by their daughter Princess Alice, who married Prince Alfonso of Bourbon-Sicily. So it's probably one of their descendants who are selling it.

Last edited:
I think you are mixing up the tiaras!

The one that Princess Francoise's son Prince Charles Henri de Lobkowicz retrieved is shown in the link that Marc23 provided in his post above. That tiara was made in France and goes back to Princess Madeleine de Bourbon-Busset, who married Prince Francesco, Duke of Parma. Prince Charles somehow seemed to have the sale cancelled, but we don't know who originally put it up for sale.

The tiara from eya's link is a different tiara and the sale is still going ahead. This tiara was made by Köchert and was
It was probably inherited by their daughter Princess Alice, who married Prince Alfonso of Bourbon-Sicily. So it's probably one of their descendants who are selling it.
I was commenting on what Maria-Olivia wrote.

A real shame that the Bourbon-Parmas are selling but it's yet another proof that times are changing and the days of the big aristocratic jewel collections are with a few days over.

This and the othere Jewels belonged to Infanta Alicia and her siblings. No after the Infanta has passed aways last year they are distrbuted and or sold.

Thanks JR76 , the Bourbon Parme (France) tiara will stay in the family. The Lobkowicz are extremely rich and no need to sell the tiara. Charles Henri is unmarried his sister is a Nun , he may give it to a Member of the Bourbon Parme.

Some of the Bourbon Sicily jewels , heirloom of the late Princess Alice, were sold by her heirs I think The late Infant's Son.
We never saw Princess Anne de France wearing grand family jewels and Princess Alice's daughter did a mistake by wearing her mother's ruby tiara at King Juan Carlos Abdication. It was not a tiara Event !

Last edited:
I was just commenting on the discussion above, not to any one post in particular. I'm sorry that I wasn't clear enough about that.

It seems that Princess Maria Anna had at least three tiaras:
- the gift from emperor Franz Josef (discussed above)
- wedding gift from her husband Prince Elias, afaik it is now in the Albion Art Collection
- spiky diamond tiara which was later worn by the [FONT=&quot]Emma Ruiz de Azcarate Garcia-Lomas, bride of her grandson Manuel Morales de Borbon dos Sicilias[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]And Princess Alice received at least three tiaras of her own:
- the sapphire parure apparently has been sold
- the ruby parure that seems to be with the Marquesa de Laula now[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- a pearl parure with is shown in a photo of her wedding gifts, together with the sapphire parure. I have never a picture of it being worn.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom