Retrospective of the Spanish Royal Family, Part 1 (February 2003 - June 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed! thanks for all these gems. i had not seen most of them before.

This thread has been cleaned of numerous photos that were not related to the topic. Please, keep in mind that this a thread for retrospective family photos, not for every single ordinary picture.

From now on, please post these special photos, by using a photo hosting account. Pictures attached directly to the forum will be deleted by the moderators without warning to the poster.

Elsa M. and Anna_R
(The Spanish Forums Moderators)

As far as I know, it was Sofia's mother, HM the Queen of Greece, who wanted Harald and Sofia to get married. But it didn't work out, as Harald was already dating Sonia. At least that's the way it's written in "The Story of a King" - the book about King Juan Carlos and the beggining of his reign...

rex features

Last edited by a moderator:
from cover
CAW92BC1.jpg

CATBBQYV.jpg

CARYJIJJ.jpg

CAE6IBYP.jpg

some more (cover)
CAWLMFK5.jpg

CAW50D4R9.jpg

CAW1URCJ.jpg

CAP33T3D.jpg

CAOHQVM796.jpg

CAKXYRSD.jpg

CAK9YLK9.jpg

CAGDMV8T.jpg

CAF2Q9JV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures!

Does anyone know when this photo was taken? Thanks!

...sOfIa.... said:
Does anyone know when this photo was taken? Thanks!

I read that this photo was take between 60's and 70's... but i'm not sure...
I think that the photo isn't from the 80's because od the colthes and in the 80's i think that the Queen's hair was lighter than her hair in the photo!

here are some pictures that haven't been posted before (all form Corbis in case you don't see the HUGE watermark):

(this one was taken in Havana, Cuba)
(in Morocco with Hassan II)
(taken on November 2000) Is true that only catholic queens are allowed to wear white on the Pope's presence?

...JuAnItA... said:
What was the Queen doing?????
Was she falling?? :confused:

Yeah i think so. I wonder if she actually hit the ground cos that looks like it would have hurt!! :eek:

I found an article about the birth of King Juan Carlos

Thirty years before, 5 of January of 1938, had been born Don Juan Carlos, today King of Spain, second son and first man of Don Juan de Borbón, then heir of Spanish Corona, and Doña Maria of the Mercedes de Borbón and Orleans.
In those days Spain it waged strong war. The Spanish Royal Family lived in Rome and there Don Juan Carlos arrived at the world, in the American Anglian clinic to the 14.30 hours.
The childbirth went ahead. Doña Maria was in the cinema with King Alfonso XIII, while Don Juan was of trip, because the doctors had said to him that he could go away calm because the baby would take in arriving.
When, after returning soon to Rome, the Count of Barcelona entered the clinic, Alfonso XIII showed a baby to him with Chinese characteristics. It was a joke of the King, who took in his arms to the son of an Asian woman who finished giving to light in the same clinic, and that was in the contiguous room to the one of Doña Maria.
Don Juan Carlos weighed three kilos and was blond. It received the names of Juan, by his father, Alfonso, by his paternal grandfathers, and Carlos, by his maternal grandfathers.
The newspapers in Spain had the attention put in the Civil War, but ABC, in its edition of Seville, widely informed on the baptism into Don Juan Carlos, celebrated the 26 of January in the Palace of the Sovereign Order of Malta of the Italian capital.

http://www.lostiempos.com/noticias/31-10-05/31_10_05_inter7.php

...sOfIa.... said:
Yeah i think so. I wonder if she actually hit the ground cos that looks like it would have hurt!! :eek:

She didn't fall because that guy helped her, but the King just looked and didn't give her a hand:mad:

crisiñaki said:
She didn't fall because that guy helped her, but the King just looked and didn't give her a hand:mad:
Yes! I realized that!! He wasn't a gentleman in that situation!!

Last edited:
Your last one is indeed very cute, crisinaki!

Sofia being welcomed by a very special representative of Australia ;)

nffccx.jpg

(HELLO 1988)

iceflower said:
Your last one is indeed very cute, crisinaki!

Sofia being welcomed by a very special representative of Australia ;)

(HELLO 1988)

As always you find the biggest treasures in pictures
Thanks iceflower:) :) :) :) :) :)

You're right... I just copied the date mentioned by the agency without even paying attention to it...

I'm glad you both like that funny pic, Juanita and crisinaki
and a special thank for that extremely nice compliment, crisinaki! :)

Anyone knows why the King's mother ended up in a wheelchair?
Thanks in advance;)

crisiñaki said:
Anyone knows why the King's mother ended up in a wheelchair?
She fractured the right hip in 1982, while spending some days of rest at La Zarzuela. Three years later she also fractured the left fémur at her residence of Estoril. From that moment on, she was partially paralyzed and dependent from a wheelchair.

There are two: the first one was take in Palma de Maiorca and the other one i don't know... i also don't know when they were taken... :eek:
(source: cover)

There is one of the funeral of the Count of Barcelona... i didn't find better thread to post it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom