Queen Paola Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Nine Provinces Tiara
Apologies is this a repost, but i think the 9 provinces tiara can be worn in a couple variations, which Q.Paola all used?
Or is there a different lower part as well?
No, Queen Paola has only ever been photographed with the complete version of the tiara or with the meander base used as a choker necklace.

Queens Astrid, Fabiola & Mathilde wore the meander base as a tiara (without the arches) and Fabiola was the only one who wore the tiare with 'empty' arches, withouth the big diamonds.

Last edited:
The Princess of Liege received Queen Elisabeth/Astrid tiara for King Baudouin's wedding December 1960.
Before She had only at her disposal 2 necklaces she wore as tiara.
The earrings (half moon and pearl ) She wore so often were a present from Princess Lilian for her engagement.

:previous: Queen Paola has worn both wedding gifts, the diamond necklace and the half moon earrings fairly often throughout her life, both as Princess and as Queen.

As to the future of the Queen Elisabeth’s Diamond Bandeau I hope it remains in the Belgian Royal Family.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/63/93/ec/6393ec86d47cdc4ec88762bc74fb066c.jpg

Paola only inherited the Diamond Bandeau because she was married to Albert. Since the tiara belonged to Queen Elisabeth, it is just natural that it should be passed on to the main line of the family, either to Queen Mathilde herself or the young Duchess of Brabant. Princess Astrid and Princess Claire, who are the two other potential candidates to inherit it, already have their own tiaras and have no need for a bigger collection.

Queen Paola was certainly the epitome of 1960's beauty. She reminds me very much of Beatrice Borromeo.

So Queen Paola has available only the tiara she inherited and after the 9-provinces too? As the Mathilde?

Thank you Stefan. I do not think that we will see again in Paola event with tiara. It only remains to see who will inherit the tiara. I believe that we will give to Elizabeth.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Queen Paola has available only the tiara she inherited and after the 9-provinces too? As the Mathilde?

Yes she now has only the art deco diamond bandeau availible too her. But so far she hasn't attended an Event who called for tiaras since the abdication of her husband.

Last edited:
Thank you Stefan. I do not think that we will see again in Paola event with tiara. It only remains to see who will inherit the tiara. I believe that we will give to Elizabeth.

I don't know. I think it could be possible she may attend gala events for birthdays/jubilees of Harald or Carl Gustaf in the future, depending on how big the events are. Only time will tell, however.

Isn't that Q. Elisabeth's diamond bandeau, lastly worn by Pss. Astrid?

That's what I thought but wasn't 100% certain that it was the Diamond Bandeau of queen Elisabeth.

An Ard Ri ,
For her most important State Visit in Spain, the Queen wore the nine province tiara and her deco tiara as choker. See picture on the beginning of this thread.

Yes, it's the bandeau tiara. Queen Paola has worn it several times as a choker necklace like this, as did Princess Lilian before her.

Great Picture of our Queen who has an Operation to -day.
She often wore this golden Bracelet , don't know its Story.

It looks like the German order, so it must be from a German State Visit. Can anybody tell which one?

Imo the bandeau looks better when it's not worn so far back. But it's a really great for a small tiara.

Princess Paola never wore Sashes before she was Queen Consort as Queen Fabiola never wore Orders, She said it was for the King.

Last edited:
It looks like the German order, so it must be from a German State Visit. Can anybody tell which one?

If i recall it right it is from the State Visit Roman Herzog paid to Belgium in the 1990's.

Then was King Baudouin still alive and no Orders for the Royal Belgian Ladies.
Ari , your third picture is photoshoped bacause Princess Paola never the nine Province tiara.

As far as I remember young Princess Paola was the main guest for the Boat le France Evening Event.. She was terrific and wore fake bracelet as tiara.
Princess Maria Pia did also attend but Paola stole the Show.

Back
Top Bottom