Queen Noor Current Events 6: March 15-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Photos of Queen Noor

Where did you get the first two photos?

By the way those are great pictures!

Pic 14.2.2008

Queen Noor of Jordan arrives at the ''Paint The Town Red'' auction
at Sotheby's on February 14, 2008 in New York City. Magnani/Getty

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Jordan's queen coming to Calgary
Published: Thursday, February 28, 2008
Royalty is coming to Calgary. Queen Noor of Jordan will be part of the international thought leader speaker series, organized by the Calgary Chamber of Commerce, on April 29.
"She is an international icon for women, for peace and justice. She represents a new perspective on issues that are prominent to the world," said Elizabeth Leitch, communications manager for the Calgary chamber of commerce.
Queen Noor is well known for her international humanitarian efforts in Jordan and the Middle East.
Jordan's queen coming to Calgary

and Vedio Queen Noor at the Red Auction designed to raise money for the Treatment of HIV/Aids in Africa.

Forbes.com Video Network

Queen Noor is beautiful, it´s nice see her in Jordan.

Tamweelcom celebrates achievements - Her Majesty Queen Noor attends a ceremony to celebrate Tamweelcom’s achievements on Monday

Jordan Times

I Have Read In Many Local Websites That Jerash Festival Is Cancelled After More Than 25 Years.somone Has A Comment Which I Agree With "respect Queen Noor Bacause She Took Care Of Our Beloved King Hussein.
Another Said "bye Bye Jerash, Bye Bye Noor"
It's Really Sad.

Wow, how sad. I cant not find anything about it but i have read alot during past festivals that the crowds have become less and less each year. do you know if its true since your in jordan?

I Have Read In Many Local Websites That Jerash Festival Is Cancelled After More Than 25 Years.somone Has A Comment Which I Agree With "respect Queen Noor Bacause She Took Care Of Our Beloved King Hussein.
Another Said "bye Bye Jerash, Bye Bye Noor"
It's Really Sad.

any sources?
why do they cancel? i dont understand...people love it? is it also a step against queen noor?
really, incredible...:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::ohmy:

well I only discovered an arabic article about the festival and it says that it is not cancelled but they change its name?!
maybe someone can translate it better:

ÇáÚÑÈ Çáíæã

and here an article about cancelling, but I dont find a reason in it...
they said its successful but suffers from financial problems...
alarabonline ÇáÚÑÈ ÇæäáÇíä

Last edited:
Queen Noor

Does Queen Noor speak Arabic fluently? In her book, I was so disappointed when she said that she had to skip some classes because the king would take her for a walk during her planned Arabic classes.

I think Queen Noor is too westernized and to involved in politics. She does as if she was not interested in clothes, jewellry and power but I am sure she is. I am convinced that she must be very frustrated as she now has to keep a low profile.

Thank you

The Jerash Festival is being incorporated into a larger "Jordan Festival" for whatever reason. Not everyone appears to be happy with the decision. I wonder what the real motives are behind this move, considering the festival is so well established.

Jordan Times

Event to melt into wider festivity; artists protest

AMMAN - Jordan Festival, a nationwide concept and a theme-oriented carnival, will kick off in July featuring a variety of cultural activities scheduled to take place at the Kingdom’s various governorates, the Ministry of Culture has announced.

July has been for the past quarter century the season for the world-renowned Jerash Festival, which will be now a component of the wider Jordan Festival, according to Minister of Culture Nancy Bakir.

I'm really disappointed to hear that the Jerash Festival has been cancelled. I imagine they had valid reasons but it's a great shame because it was such a unique event.

Last edited:
Pics 23.4.2008

Queen Noor of Jordan attends the 34th Annual Creative Time
Gala Honoring Beth Rudin DeWoody at Gaustavino's on April 23,
2008 in New York City:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I think Queen Noor is too westernized and to involved in politics. She does as if she was not interested in clothes, jewellry and power but I am sure she is. I am convinced that she must be very frustrated as she now has to keep a low profile.

Thank you

Of course she is westernized; she was born an American, after all. She may not have totally inculcated in herself the Arab culture and way of life, but I'm sure she had exerted great efforts to do so, most especially as she was/is Queen. And which woman is not interested in clothes and jewelry? What is good about her is that she is indeed a low-profile person, especially since she is no longer the reigning queen nor queen mother. But as we've all seen she is low-profile but has continued to support causes that are close to her, but personal and those close to Arab/Jordanian interests.

Its always good to see Queen Noor still active outside Jordan!:flowers:

Queen Noor of Jordan arrives at 'Pangea Day' at CBS Studios on May 10, 2008 in Culver City, California:heart::heart::heart:
81050485.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
81050413.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
81050410.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

CULVER CITY, CA - MAY 10: H.M. Queen Noor of Jordon speaks at Pangea Day at Sony Studios on May 10, 2008 in Culver City, California
40.gif

81049558.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
81049556.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
81049547.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
81049545.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks more tired than I remember her looking. A bit lost as well.

I wonder if she thinks about where she really belongs.

NYC Harmony Through Education Fundraiser is a Huge Success!
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]On Friday November 9th, 2007 Harmony Through Education held its first fund-raiser in New York City. Former Congressman Sam Gejdenson graciously hosted the event. HTE would like to thank those of you who attended, and specifically [/FONT][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Genart [/FONT][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]for organizing the event.

We had a great turn out of approximately 80 people. HTE raised $6,000 from the event, which will be used for Project Dharamsala. Several distinguished guests attended to show their support for HTE including Queen Noor of Jordan. President of HTE, Seth Shaffer, showed slides of his trips to India and the children who will be attending our school in Dharamsala. Mr. Shaffer spoke of the importance of being actively involved in promoting peace and harmony through education.

For More Pictures (Queen Noor and Princess Iman):
[/FONT]
http://www.harmonythrougheducation.org/gallery_2007_nyc.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom