Queen Mathilde Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold, pearl and diamond earrings (belga, DPA)

p37655632ai.jpg

carlota said:

Mathilde wears a lot of costume jewelry made to complement her outfits. Most pieces are made by Marina Kinart, a Belgian designer. Jewelry by Marina Kinart can be found in select shops in Belgium - its is really special and the colors especially are very beautiful. Of course, Mathilde's pieces are exclusive.;)
Veronica

-And (the worst in my eyes) princess Lilian (second wife of Leopold III) sold quite a lot as well, like queen Elisabeth's gorgeous Cartier tiara. It's a mystery to me how she could sell these pieces that belonged to her husband's family's collection, but well the damage is done... :angry: :yuk:[/quote]

Yes, you are right!. It's a pity she sold Queen Elisabeth's tiara, one of the nicer tiaras I've seen, Cartier bought the tiara, and now you can see it at Cartier's museum in Paris.

I think the reason Princess Lilian was able to sell peices of jewells, is because there is no law preventing members of the Belgian RF selling or taking the jewels to the country they were marrying in, as did the daughter of Queen Elisabeth did when she married into the RF of Italy, and Josephine Charlotte when she married into Luxemburg, and even Queen Fabiola is holding tight onto her jewels. they took with magnificent peices, it's still hard for me to see CP Mathilde with one Tiara, and no other magnificent diamonds. The only peice whicH by law goes to the Crown is the nine provinces Tiara.

how many royal historicle jewllery has she worn
i was thinking tiaras necklaces earings and braceltes

It's too bad Princess Lilan has sold historic pieces of the jewelry .
In the past , Queen Astrid and Elisabeth had some beautiful pieces ! It would have looked so nice on Mathilde ...

I think Mathilde would look suberb with the ruby-tiara of Fabiola.

Wow, it is a stunning piece, so low-key but high impact. I adore it :)

Catherine, thank you for the large sized photo of that necklace. It is very pretty indeed. Do you suppose it is from Philippe? Is there any way we will ever find out?

We have seen her wearing semi/or even non precious jewelries (along with the precious one) but she still looks every inch elegant, I think the real Mathilde's jewelries is her sweetness and her natural elegance that the part of her which attract my attention:).

What a pity that many of BRF jewelries has been sold out by it's RF member, I hope Catherine Bergeyck will find the reason behind it from her new book and let us know it soon:) .

Once Mathilde wore her tiara as a necklace but wouldn't it also be possible toe wear the tiara like a kind of aigrette. I mean, the tiara seems to be very flexible (it can be worn as a necklace) so could Mathilde not wear the two parts of the tiara divided. One wrapped arround her chignon par example and the other part against her head.

I don't now if it's large enough for that. If you end up with two rather small parts it may look a bit odd. The solution's simple: she just needs a few more jewels!:rolleyes:

Especial tiaras! I hope, she will get a new, beautiful tiara, because I havent heard about CP with only one tiara.

Here is a picture of Mathilde wearing her tiara and what looks like diamond and some sort of light pink stone drop earring, it might be rose quartz or it very well could be very light pink diamonds. Pink diamonds are very expensive and very rare so I'm not sure if it could be them? I love her hair btw, it's a new style for her that I think looks very good.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=250774&d=1150927843

A new diamond(?) ring for Mathilde.
I cannot remember her wearing anything else than her wedding band on her left hand. I assume the Diamond Jubilee celebration in Thailand was the debut for this new combination. She also wore the ring during the Dutch State visit and in Wimbledon. Maybe the ring forms a set with the new earrings mentioned in HRHAmy´s post above.
(palaces.thai.net)

HRHAmy said:
Here is a picture of Mathilde wearing her tiara and what looks like diamond and some sort of light pink stone drop earring, it might be rose quartz or it very well could be very light pink diamonds. Pink diamonds are very expensive and very rare so I'm not sure if it could be them? I love her hair btw, it's a new style for her that I think looks very good.
more of these earrings (gamma):

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the close up of the ring, Johann. I don't know if it is just my computer, but I can't see very well if there is a stone in the middle of it or if it is bands of (what look like) entwined diamonds. I, too, just noticed this ring recently and have been scouring posted photos trying to find a magnified version! I wonder if there is a middle stone that is light colored and matches to pretty earrings in Catherine's post.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
This earrings are absolutly estupendous but I don't think it's diamond because the pear shape and the heavy carat that they look to have are doing it's very stuning stone and at this levelit will be extraordinary diamond pieces.....unless some of diamond pieces came from old beligian Congo had been transformed and are becomming this so beautiful pair of earrings ( it's just a supposition to justify the diamond quality of this earrings which are may be only quartz..)

Mathilde seems to have received quite a bit of new jewellery lately (earrings, ring, necklace). Here's another pair of new earrings: diamond and pearl, worn at the Dutch state visit to Belgium (PPE)

choker (EPP, Getty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom