Queen Margrethe's 70th Birthday Celebrations: March-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Billed Bladet has selected what they believe were the best looking dresses of the birthday: Billed-Bladet - Se fødselsdagens tyve flotteste kjoler

#1: Mary's LiW (Lady in Waiting), Tanja Doky and her husband.

#2: CP Victoria and her Daniel. And as the pattern of her dress suggests, she is a prisoner-of-love. - Yeah, yeah, yaeh, I couldn't resist being corny. :p

#3: Mary's secretary and LiW, Caroline Heering and her Peter. You will notice that Peter is wearing a mess uniform as an officer of the reserves in the Royal Lifeguard.

#4: Helle Thorning. The leader of the Social Democrats and perhaps the next Prime Minister. As leader of the opposition she is also invited to such events.

#5: Guess who.

#6: Princess Benedikte and her Richard.

#7: Molise Iuel-Brockdorf. - Nobility.

#8: Foreign Minister and leader of the Conservative party, Lene Espersen. When she is not busy putting both feet in her mouth, she is still by far the hottest looking of the all the government ministers.

#9: Susan Astani, married to Kjær, an old hunting mate of the DRF, not least Henrik. She is Iranian of birth.

#10: Pjums Castenskiold and her husband. Nobility.

#11: Former PM and current General Secretary of NATO, Anders Fogh, and his wife, Anne-Mette. Fortunately she wasn't subjecting us to a dance. She appeared in So You Think You Can Dance. Good grief...:p
Someone had the... with some sense of humour, dubbed her Mrs. Hot.
She has been seen dancing all over the place, since her appearance and now she is touring NATO. :p
It was initially considered a fresh move by someone of her age and the stature she had then. Buuut, you can safely say that she overdid it and now there is a general wish that someone with a grabbeling hook would come along and just...

#12: Karen Elleman and husband. Karen Ellemand is a newly appointed minister. I can't even remember off hand for what, and if she doesn't shape up no one will...

#13: Camilla Arndt, the wife of Bendt Fabricius Bjerre. A very accomplished composer of popular tunes and a close friend of the Regent Couple. Americans, especially mature American members of the forum may remember this tune by him: YouTube - Bent Fabric Alley Cat

#14: Bodil Ullerup. Don't know who she is.

#15: Anja Camilla Alajdi. Mary's stylist.

#16: Helle Reedtz-Thott. Nobilty. The family are old friends of the DRF.

#17: Lis Augustinus. Don't know her. Her dress has obviously been inspired by cauliflowers.

#18: Mary. Loking great.

#19: Carina Axelsson, who's sister has now, very tragically, lost her second husband in a few years.

#20: Countess Jutta of Rosenborg.

They chose Victoria as #2?!?! Good heavens - I thought that prisoner dress (as my mother and I have dubbed it) was terrible! :eek:

Mary, at #18. :eek:
Tanja looked horrendous compared to even Victoria in the prison dress.
Carolines dress was beautiful, but IMO there were ones much better than hers.

Billed Bladet has selected what they believe were the best looking dresses of the birthday: Billed-Bladet - Se fødselsdagens tyve flotteste kjoler

#11: Former PM and current General Secretary of NATO, Anders Fogh, and his wife, Anne-Mette. Fortunately she wasn't subjecting us to a dance. She appeared in So You Think You Can Dance. Good grief...:p
Someone had the... with some sense of humour, dubbed her Mrs. Hot.
She has been seen dancing all over the place, since her appearance and now she is touring NATO. :p
It was initially considered a fresh move by someone of her age and the stature she had then. Buuut, you can safely say that she overdid it and now there is a general wish that someone with a grabbeling hook would come along and just...

Thanks for making me laugh so hard that I snorted chocolate milk from my nose.

:lol:

Last edited:
but I think they are not ranked, just listed

They are ranked.
The title of the article is
"See birth of today's twenty most beautiful dresses"

We have seen the birth of today's many dresses and have selected here those who we think is the celebration the twenty most beautiful:

And says this before showing the pictures. :)

That's right, the 20 most beautiful...But they dont list them as, 1. CP Victoria, 18. CP Mary

That's right, the 20 most beautiful...But they dont list them as, 1. CP Victoria, 18. CP Mary

I think the fact that because the pictures are ordered in that way, that is what the magazine thinks are the 20 most beautiful dresses, in that order. And CP Victoria is 2. ;)
However i see your point, that it could be just in a random order. Some of those dresses shouldn't even be in there.

Oh, I got what you ment...But IMO, is just the 20 most beautiful no rank it all :flowers::flowers::flowers:

A gallery from the tabloid BT of the guests at the performance in the Royal Theatre on the 15. April: Se kjolerne, de kendte og de kongelige | www.bt.dk

#1&2: QMII.

#3: The Guards officer in the picture is one of QMII's adjutants. He is also a staff officer as you can tell from his headgear.

#4: Tøger Seidenfarden and his wife. He is editor-in-chief of the paper Politiken. Considering that Politiken is a republican newspaper he is sure often seen at events with the DRF.
He and I can hardly can hardly differ more in regards to political issues and I've often wished to strangle him... :bang:
But as Politiken is also very much considered a Copenhagner newspaper, we in Jutland hardly care, let alone read it.

#4: Lisbeth Knudsen. Editor-in-chief of the paper Berlinske Tidende. A conservative newspaper and also a copenhagener paper.

#5&6: It's nice to see Frederik and Mary holding hands in public.

#7: Victoria and her Daniel.

#8: Here with her brother. Victoria is wearing the Order of the Elephant.

#9: Mette-Marit being greeted by the manager of the Royal Theatre, Lars Pallesen.

#10: The pregnant Princess Nathalie and her Alexander.

#11: The head of PET, Lars Scharf and his wife. As head of the Police Intelligence Service, which incidentally is one tenth the size of FBI, he is also in charge of the protection officers around the DRF.

#12: Mary and Mette-Marit wawing to the royal watchers standing on the other side of the street.

#13: Frederik appears to having stepped aside, presumably knowing very well that as he is not wearing a dress, he is of less interest to the photographers.
Had he been wearing a dress, he would have attracted much more attention....

#14: Helle Thorning, leader of the Social Democrats and leader of the opposition, very appropriatly dressed in red.

#15: Pia Kjærsgaard with husband. She is leader of the goverment support party, Danish Peoples Party and according to most political commentators the second most powerful person in DK, if not the most powerful.

#16: Simon Emil Ammitzbøl, from the party Liberal Confusion, sorry, Liberal Alliance. He is the man with the glasses. To his right stands his spouse, Henning.
The party may remain in Parliament after the next election and they may get some influence. How much is debatable, as the party chairman managed to genuinely annoy the current PM, duing negotiations regarding to solve the current economical crisis.
The party Is currently in Parliament but only after several leading members have left, the first chairman was kicked and the party changed name was it two or three times. Hence the nick name, Liberal Confusion.

#17: Lars Løkke, the Prime Minister, and his wife. I believe he is wearing a Greek order. Lars Løkke took over from his predecessor, Anders Fogh. And while he is a very competent politician, he is a less than convincing leader. In fact I am not at all impressed by him, and I even vote for his party. :bang:
He has recieved some well deserved criticism lately.

#18: Thor Pedersen and wife. Thor Pedersen is Chairman of the Parliament, and apart from marrying into the royal family that's the most distinguished position a civillian can have in DK. He formally outranks the PM.

#19: Princess Benedikte.

#20: James Price, a cook, with wife. He appears to be enjoing his own products...

#21: The DRF priest, Erik Norman Svendsen and wife. A very likable man.

#22: The President of Finland, Tarja Halonen and Husband.

#23: Poul Nyrup with wife. He is a former PM, now a member of the European Parliament.

#24: The leader of Liberal Confu... Liberal Alliance, Anders Samuelsen and wife. I'm convinced that the PM, Lars Løkke has a voodoo figure of him somewhere....

#25: The head of the opera at the Royal theatre, Kasper Holten and wife.

#26: Camilla of Rosenborg and gentleman.

#27: Former defence chief, lieutenant general Hillingsø and wife. The Hillingsø's are friends of the DRF.

#28: Mayor of Copenhagen Frank Jensen and wife.

#29: Ex-Social Democrat minister Mogens Lykketoft and wife. A very competent politician he was hardly popular. The advise of keeping an eye on your enemies, but keeping an even closer eye on your friends may apply to him.

#30: Kristian Thulesen Dahl, also known as "Tude", from the Danish Peoples Party. One of the most influential politicians in DK when it comes to finance and economical issues. He is the man to the right.

#31: Minister of Interior and healtcare, Bertil Haarder with wife. Also known as Bertil Bims (nutter) he is actually an extremely competent politician and he is used as a sort of "fireman" in the government. He aquired his nickname because he suffers from manic depression, something that was a genuine problem for him as a politician.

#32: The General Secretary of NATO, Andres Fogh with his dancing queen.

#33: Former foreign minister Uffe Elleman and wife. A political institution in his own right for many years, he is now less flattering considered an entertaining political fossile by some political commentators.

#34: Minister for Nordic Corporation and Environment Karen Elleman and gentleman. That's what she was! Couldn't remember it before. - Well she certainly has some mighty big shoes to fill from her predecessor!

#35: Kristian Kjær and his wife Susan Astani. Fortunately there didn't appear to have been any babies around or they would have cried for hunger....

#36: Minister for Climate and Energy Lykke Friis with husband. If you think she and her husband looks like nerds, your are right. She is by far the most intelligent minister in the government, she is also a little bit... eccentric. She and Frederik know each other.

#37: Minister of Justice Lars Barfoed and wife.

#38: Commodore and former captain of Dannebrog, Viggo Hansen and wife. Being captain of Dannebrog is considered the most distinguished command a captain in the navy can have. It's also usually the last command.

#39: The minister Brian Mikkelsen (I can't remember what, the latest reshuffle unsetteled my memory) and wife. To his left is his party chairman and current Foreign Minister Lene Espersen. Whom I believe I have told you about. - No? What is important in her head? To attend a meeting with two of the most important foreign ministers? (As a newly appointed foreign minister herself mind you!) Or go on vacation? Hmm, tricky one. Go on vacation of course.
The meeting? Oh something about the North Pole and Canada and Denmark probably loosing some territories and influence and stuff. Not important.

#40: The DRF chef, Jesper Volmer and wife.

#41: Former PM, Poul Schlüter and wife.

#42: The Regent Couple.

#43: Full House. The most distinguished guests, except for the royals are seated on the floor.

#44: The young ones. Frederik and Joachims adjutants sit in the back.

Hmm, the numbers don't follow the gallery but as it is all chronologically I guess you can figure it out anyway.

You are welcome NotAPretender :)

Who the people are, are listed at the side of the pictures, I thank you for listing them, but sometimes IMO they are not neccesary. :)
Some of those pictures were truely beautiful.
Whoever took them has a wonderful camera.

Who the people are, are listed at the side of the pictures, I thank you for listing them, but sometimes IMO they are not neccesary. :)
Some of those pictures were truely beautiful.
Whoever took them has a wonderful camera.

I list them for the sake of chronology and for the additional details.

But most importantly I do it because what is obvious to me, may not be obvious to everybody else.

In all the sea of beautiful dresses I can't believe Victoria was even in the list. I usually like her gowns, but I thought she looked washed out and uneventful. Love Princess Bernadikte's overwrap. Princess Mary's LIW both looked beautiful IMO. Thanks for the link to the pics!

Princess Mary looked the absolutely best of all I think. Regal, simple, with her ivory skin, dark hair just so, makeup complementing the entire effect. Her dress fit her perfectly and had enough interest without overwhelming the whole effect (like the orange ball gown she wore at the New Year event --- that one had way too much going on and it looked far less elegant in my view).

Princess Marie's red dress looked too over the top, the belt was unattractive, straps looked terrible, and the color (though it matched Joachim's collar) was not regal in my opinion. Too tight and wrong color. The white one she wore looked too big and badly fitted, particularly through the shoulders, bodice and midriff. Not at all attractive I thought. The last dress, the black net over gold looked bedroomy - like a negligee - and not appropriate for a formal event. I wonder why she doesn't wear something with lace. Also wonder what happened to her wedding earrings which were so spectacular.

Were Princess Marie's wedding earrings a loan BTW? I have never sawn her wearing them ever since her wedding day. I liked her black dress, fit for her figures, but yes the white and the red ones were poor choice IMO.

Were Princess Marie's wedding earrings a loan BTW? I have never sawn her wearing them ever since her wedding day. I liked her black dress, fit for her figures, but yes the white and the red ones were poor choice IMO.

The Danish media claimed that her wedding earrings were a gift from har mother.

She looked lovely at her wedding :)

The Danish media claimed that her wedding earrings were a gift from har mother.

Thanks for the answer I was just curious especially given the fact that Mary wears hers so often.

Yes Marie looked regal on her wedding day.

:previous:

No, Princess Martha Louise did not attend.

I list them for the sake of chronology and for the additional details.

But most importantly I do it because what is obvious to me, may not be obvious to everybody else.

I actually liked how you listed them because some of the people I really don't know. Thanks.:)

May be she was invited, but did not make it travelling by car or train.
Princess Alexandra and count Jefferson, Princess Benedikte's elder daughter did not make it either, living in Paris.

Could it be Martha Louise is ostracised because of her "talks with angels" etc.??

I just was wondering in al this big events I never see the royals from Lichstetin and luxenburg, what about them? are they frendly with the resto of the royals?

Could it be Martha Louise is ostracised because of her "talks with angels" etc.??

No most likely it was because she couldn't get there. The Norwegian royals and the Danish are very close, and her talk with angels has nothing to do with her attending or not attending a royal event.

I just was wondering in al this big events I never see the royals from Lichstetin and luxenburg, what about them? are they frendly with the resto of the royals?

Grand Duchess Marie-Theresa and Grand Duke Henri attended the celebrations.
At The Concert = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Gala

At The Dinner = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Gala

That's not very likely. Märtha Louise was seen at other Royal events (e.g. the wedding of Prince Joachim) and she is invited to Royal events (like the wedding in Sweden).
I doubt anyone in the other Royal houses cares about the whole Angel story. ;)

thank you, what about Lichtestein?
They ahere not preset at the 70th bierthday. Usually the attend Events in the Netherlands, BElgium, Luxemburg and Soain. As Fürst Hans Adam attended th 60th birthday of King Carl Gustaf in 2006 it's possible that someone from them attends the Wedding of Victoria and Daniel.

That's not very likely. Märtha Louise was seen at other Royal events (e.g. the wedding of Prince Joachim) and she is invited to Royal events (like the wedding in Sweden).
I doubt anyone in the other Royal houses cares about the whole Angel story. ;)

I read somewhere that she was having a hard time with that. But it's good to know it's not a big deal. It would be terrible to treat her that way;).

The Royal Danish Family arrival to Tivoli concert hall in Copenhagen for the Gala concert in honour of Queen Margrethe's 70th birthday
belga gallery

Thanks for the pics agami! Mary looks lovely.

Back
Top Bottom