Queen Margrethe II Jewellery 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen is often very sentimental about her jewellery. This is the first state visit abroad that she has done alone without Prince Henrik since his dementia diagnosis and so I think it is no coincidence that she has chosen the turquoise jewellery which have all been gifts to her over the years from her husband. It's like she's taken a bit of him with her :wub:
They earrings and the brooch were given at her 60th and 70th birthdays (can't remember which way round it was) and the necklace he gave her on her 75th birthday.

She has recently also worn a few times a pearl necklac with small rubies (or other red stones) between which was a gift from Prince Henrik at their Silver Wedding.

I don't like the earrings its a bit too much with the necklace and brooch,the tiara is nice.

I didn't expect a tiara at all, so am actually very pleased to the turquoise bandeau once again. But I agree that the earrings are a bit too big, at least for my taste.

Queen Margrethe really does have a larger-than-life royal dressing style. It suits her so well.

The Emerald parure were stunning with the gown at the New Years Court celebrations.

This parure is at Rosenborg Castle and may not leave Denmark. I saw them but was more impressed by the huge diamoand collar and the flower brooch.

Stunning.
We are fortunate that Margrethe likes to wear her jewels often for us all to enjoy.

Stunning.
We are fortunate that Margrethe likes to wear her jewels often for us all to enjoy.
We can only hope that Mary takes a leaf from her book and decides that the people will enjoy seeing the beautiful jewels kept in trust so that they can see them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Margrethe has one of the prettiest collections of modern jewellery although I don't think that she suits gold-coloured metal. I'm also glad that she wears her modern stuff and not just the old Edwardian and Victoria jewellery like so many royal ladies.

I think that of the royal ladies that Queen Margrethe is the best at WEARING her jewellery. She does not have the biggest collection and that may help because so many garments are NOT designed to be worn with jewellery. I also love the way that Empress Farah used to wear her jewellery in Tehran, very elegant and with perfect taste.

Princess/Queen Alexandrine of Denmark had a Meander Collar. Did Queen Margrethe II have the Meander Collar changed to a tiara?

Hi all, I am looking for a specific photo of Queen Margrethe in the Pearl Poire Tiara, smoking a cigarette and laughing while reading over something (a speech, maybe?). An attendant is working on her hair I believe.

Does anyone have it? Or can find it? I’ve seen it several times but of course can’t track it down when I’m looking! Thank you!

Yes! Thank you, Preslav! A favorite of mine as well. It’s a fabulous shot. :)

Queen Margrethe presented the Queen Ingrid's Researcher Award at Amalienborg today, October 19:

** Pic **

Interesting brooch for HM. Is it supposed to be an eagle?

Very nice, I usually don't like red but very tasteful.

Actually, it looks as if it’s front Tsarist Russia. Take a closer look at the eagle/bird.

Although it could have very easily come from her great-great aunt the Tsarina, don't those usually have two heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom