Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 9: January 2020 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The queen looks really lovely and I'm trying to make out what brooch that is.

She looks lovely, not a style, with the pleats, that she wears very often. I think the brooch may be the pink sapphire brooch.

The queen looks really lovely and I'm trying to make out what brooch that is.

She is wearing the pink tourmaline brooch with the cluster of diamonds. Not a natural pairing, IMO, but who are we to argue with the lady who probably has the moist experience of wearing brooches.

Queen Elizabeth received the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, at Windsor Castle today, March 7:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited by a moderator:
Does she always wear this much paisley, or are we just used to seeing her with a coat?

HM is wearing the Canadian sapphire snowflake brooch she received as a Jubilee present from former Canadian GG David Johnston. The diamonds are sourced from Northern Canada, also the home of the current GG Mary Simon, who is Canada’s first indigenous vice-regent. She gave her installation speech using her native Inuktitut.

Last edited:
Does she always wear this much paisley, or are we just used to seeing her with a coat?

This is a dress that HM has had for some time, it is usually worn with a coat, so a lot less of it is visible.

I think the brooch as a bit lost on the busy print of the dress, and perhaps, should have been worn with a more plain dress.

Queen Elizabeth in a very lovely dress viewing a display of artefacts from British craftwork company, Halcyon Days, to commemorate the company's 70th anniversary, at Windsor Castle yesterday, March 23:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Posts that did not discuss any fashion issues have been moved to the current events thread.

The Queen looks lovely, I like the soft detail around the neckline.

That’s a very attractive dress with a lovely print.

The queen looks lovely and a very spring like dress today.

:previous: I am in full agreement the Queen's dress is lovely, a beautiful Spring floral pattern. Her brooch is perfect, in the shape of a basket of flowers, which apparently she also wore for her first official photograph with baby Prince Charles in 1948.

Indeed, Her Majesty is looking positively glowing and bursting with spring and a smile that is wonderful. Her accessories are, as usual, impeccable but I really love that when she is "at home" she swaps her walking stick for Prince Philip's walking staff. It seems he is still her "strength and stay" but while it's a pity we can't see the carved bone handle the length of the antique staff is beautifully dark and knobbly and a uniquely regal and sentimental accessory. Love it and love her with her almost cheeky smile. :rose2:

Queen Elizabeth at the Service of Thanksgiving for the Duke of Edinburgh in London today, March 29. Nice that she's not wearing black, but green, the colour of hope.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Apparently they were to wear the colors of the Edinburgh tartan - forest green and dark blue.

The Queen looks lovely wearing this colour as a tribute to her husband .

She seems to be wearing a dark red dress under her green coat.

What is the brooch she wore for the service? ( For some reason I can’t find her latest jewel thread to ask this question)

Yes, thank you Iceflower for the link. For some reason this topic thread wasn’t appearing on my app.

Queen Elizabeth at the Service of Thanksgiving for the Duke of Edinburgh in London today, March 29. Nice that she's not wearing black, but green, the colour of hope.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
I think people fail to actually "read" the description of an event. Yes, Prince Philip's actual funeral was 'downsized' to conform with the rules for Covid but it was his funeral, and what they attended was a Memorial Service to celebrate his life , so funereal black is not the order of the day.

HM's green ensemble over a dark red dress was perfect as it reflected both Philip's livery and his tartan surprising those who expected a black encore.

(…) There is our magnificent but somewhat diminuent Queen dressed in a full-length coat with an attached wrist length shoulder cap, Philip's green with a wonderfully coiffured head of snowy white hair (..)

Last edited:
Please remember that this is a fashion thread. Posts and comments that did not discuss any fashion issues have been removed.

This is a perfect photo to celebrate her birthday. The background with the beautiful magnolia tree, as well as those wonderful horses, set off this comfortable and practical outfit .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom