Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2012 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree The Queen looks lovely! Love the coat and the hat. :flowers:

HM looks lovely! Just love that color.

I don't like this colour very much nor the hat. But the coat is nice

Ooooh, she's wearing the Jardine Star brooch, one of my all-time favorites! Love the fluffy dandelion on her hat, too.

Lovely, though I cannot say I'm crazy about the fluffy dandelion........

HM looks elegant and very much like Spring! The colors and the tweed fabric are luscious!
She just never fails to amaze me...

Great color on HM. She looks very lovely.

Her Majesty looked lovely,I hope the outfit was warm enough as its been quite a chilly Easter in the UK/Ireland.

HM looked lovely and very Easter-like today. I like her coat and her hat is nice, but I'm not too sure about the fluffy bit; if it had been a bit smaller then it would've been OK. Overall, HM looked great. :)

Lovely. Her complexion continues to amaze me! :D

Love the Beatrix-like sleeves on her coat!

HM never fails to impress me.. She just improves with age.

I mean everything HM wears is just stunning the Derby outfit in fact everything of late is beautiful the very slight touches that brings each out together are really touches I admire in her look.

I'm not sure about those blue flowers hanging off the bottom of the hat. The low-resolution stream I was watching made it look like she'd left some curlers in.

As lovely and beautiful as ever! The blue chiffon flowers of her hat look marvellous in the photos close up and the dress shimmers, which couldn't be detected on the tv.

I love the outfit and agree I love the hat.

I will always remember this as the day she had fake blue roses growing out of the side of her head. Admittedly, I have issues with fake blue flowers growing horizontally out of anyone's head.

I love the Queen's coat, it gives a nod to the brocade of the coronation gown. Spot on! :flowers:

Does anyone know the reasoning behind the choice of suits for the men (rather than morning coats)? Here in the Midwest, we are lucky to get the guys in more than a golf shirt and khakis this time of year, so I am frequently confused by the gent's dress. Sorry for the ignorance. :whistling:

Does anyone know the reasoning behind the choice of suits for the men (rather than morning coats)? Here in the Midwest, we are lucky to get the guys in more than a golf shirt and khakis this time of year, so I am frequently confused by the gent's dress. Sorry for the ignorance. :whistling:

Hmm, this is rather tricky but my initial instinct is that the event was classed as an ordinary church service of commemoration rather than a more formal event like a wedding or other ceremonial (even though there was an element of ceremonial with the sacred oil being brought to the alter so I could be wrong).
The coronation anniversary is not usually celebrated in this way unlike the Jubilee (where morning suits were worn by the men at St Paul's Cathedral).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom