Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2003 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her Majesty The Queen chose the outfit she wore earlier this year for the first time in York again this weekend for the Braemar Gathering with a yellow hat with dark green/khaki brim; yellow dress, green/khaki coat. I really don't like it on her, just as I dislike the green outfit she wore for the 17 April engagement when she was present on Newbury Racecourse for the Dubai World Cup stakes.

The outfit The Queen wore for the Iraq service was first worn in May for the three day visit to Northern Ireland. I really dislike the pattern and I think it overshadows the wonderful Cullinan V or any brooch. The Queen wore the Paisley brooch the first time she wore it; that brooch which is larger than the Cullinan, was a bit more able to stand out with this 'heavy' pattern on the coat.

At least its not a frumpy floral patterened outfit and hat this time. Fitting for the the Iraq Memorial Service occasion. Love the brooch (even if it is hard to see), as always, nobody does it better when considering brooches on Queens.

The outfit The Queen wore for the Iraq service was first worn in May for the three day visit to Northern Ireland. I really dislike the pattern and I think it overshadows the wonderful Cullinan V or any brooch. The Queen wore the Paisley brooch the first time she wore it; that brooch which is larger than the Cullinan, was a bit more able to stand out with this 'heavy' pattern on the coat.
I love the whole outfit. It is more contemperary and modern and the stlye and colour it just looks great on her. I do, however, agree about the brooch. Whoever would have thought that the Cullinan could be eclipsed!!

I like this coat/dress the Queen wears as it's different from the type of style she normally wears. It's good to try new things.

I think the queen looked lovely. Her daytime outfits, of recent years, are very attractive. She used to wear those dowdy outfits when she was younger. She never looked attractive or young. Sorry, but the blue gown was just another gown. Jackie was tall, elegant and very stylish.

Indeed, The Queen's style has changed since the beginning of the Millennium, thanks to her in-house designers Pordum and Kelly. But I have the greatest respect for the people who said here that the Iraq service outfit was nice; of course taste is different for everyone. But I have some reservations about some dresses: this one for the Iraq service, the one worn at the Braemar gathering, the dress which appeared in the last Majesty magazine when going to church in August with small yellow stripes, the dress worn at Royal Ascot some years ago with the heavy and great yellow flower on it; I don't like them; but anyway, The Queen shines through the dust sometimes of the clothes. :) Bless her!

I agree with you QueenElizabeth, and not a big fan of HM QE II's Fashion most of the time. Most outfits looks entierly too big in the waist and chest, adding much unnecessary pounds to the queen. Additionally, I rarely like the frumpy floral patterns and fabrics. The Queen could look so much better, but seems set in her ways, and what the queen wants, the queen gets, right? Just my Opinion.....

I agree with those who think her in house design team has really revolutionised her day wear. I personally loved the Irab memorial outfit and think that kind of outfit - a classic suit/coat with a twist seems to be the main theme of most of her outfits. It's not always right, for instance, most of her Ascot outfits this year were pretty bad I thought, but for someone of 83 I think the Queen is really making a nod in the direction of being fashionable. So much better than the terrible clothes she had for most of the 80s and 90s - she really did embody frumpiness then.

Some highlights this year for me have been..

Mad Hattery! » Blog Archive » Catterick Garrison: HM The Queen
Mad Hattery! » Blog Archive » Royal Maundy Service: HM The Queen
Mad Hattery! » Blog Archive » West Newton Church: HM The Queen

I stil think though that her evening wear needs attention. She looks great in bright or strong colours at night - they really show off the jewels, and complement her hair, but the pale looks with loads of diamonds just really drain her I think.

I really don't know whether The Queen's dresser or assistant is on holiday, but this is certainly not the way to style The Queen. This outfit was worn for a reception earlier this month as well; and as it was said elsewhere, the blue outfits of the Queen in past six engagements are now 'a bit over the boundary' IMO. They are nice, out of question, but the dresser or assistant must take care that she does not wear the same on the same engagement.

A huge mistake was this year the following, because I saw her from close distance on the two engagements I mention. The Queen presented new Colours to the Irish Guards in an St Patrick's blue outfit (worn I think on state visit in the Baltic states some years ago for the first time and Royal ascot as well) and she again wore it when the Irish Guards were Trooping the Colour. This is IMO wrong! But anyway, this is not a drama, but it can be said here I think.

It's a beautiful colour of blue. She looks so happy in the first picture. :flowers:

I wish the colour would have been a bit brighter rather than a pale blue.
I adore the hat and brooch.
:flowers:

Queen Elizabeth at the state banquet for the Indian President tonight.
Unfortunately her worst evening dress in quite some time; probably a priceless Indian fabric, but ruined by an untalented dressmaker. The overskirt and skirt are so badly made that it looks slightly ridiculous.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6861/92392713.jpg

:eek:What happened? HM has been looking so terrific. This dressmaker must be utterly embarrassed at this.

Queen Elizabeth at the state banquet for the Indian President tonight.
Unfortunately her worst evening dress in quite some time; probably a priceless Indian fabric, but ruined by an untalented dressmaker. The overskirt and skirt are so badly made that it looks slightly ridiculous.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6861/92392713.jpg

I do not like the dress it looks awful. :ermm:

I just adore the Queen's fashion. She just looks lovely. How can anyone not love this "spunky" granny! She is truely the gem in the British monarchy's crown. Long Live the Queen!

Spot on Princess G - and she is just getting better and better at the moment - the purple outfit at the remembrance day was a particular highlight.

Her Magesty Queen Elizabeth II looks fantastic in White- I especiallly love the fur trim- it softens everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom