Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2003 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both pictures are from Getty images

For the events to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II, which took place on July 10, 2005, The Queen, like both Her daughters-in-law, wore two outfits and therefor two hats. The first hat She wore was to attend the service at Westminster Abbey and a luncheon for war veterans at Buckingham Palace.

The first hat The Queen wore for the 60th anniversary of the end of WWII celebrations

After the luncheon, HM changed into another outfit and hat for the parade and the balcony appearance.

The second hat worn by The Queen for the events to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the end of WWII

Last edited:
Hat worn by Her Majesty at this season first Royal Garden Party, Buckingham Palace

Last edited by a moderator:
A really lovely hat worn by Her Majesty on her visit yesterday:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=173307
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=173309
Pictures were original posted by marezdote.

At the first Royal Garden Party on 14th July(From Newscom)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=171825
At the second Royal Garden Party on 19th July(From Getty Images)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=170950
At the third Royal Garden Party on 21st July(From Royal Insight)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=173265

Another hat Her Majesty wore at the Garden Party at Palace of HolyroodHouse yesterday.I do not know it's new or not but i'm sure with you it's not the same hat that she wore on the 200th Anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar a month ago:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=174062

who designed the Queen's hats?
does she get all her hats from one designer? or she buy whichever she likes(doubt if she has that time), or some designer would send her their hats as gifts?

ok, i did a search and found this on royal insight mag
The Queen always wears clothes by British designers. She is currently wearing clothes by Stewart Parvin, Peter Erione and Karl Ludwig Rehse, who are all based in London. Her hats are designed by Philip Somerville and Marie O'Regan. She also wears outfits designed by her in-house team. The Queen talks her ideas through with her Personal Assistant, Miss Angela Kelly, then sketches of the designs are produced which are shown to Her Majesty along with samples of material for her to choose from. Clothes are then made up by The Queen's Dressmakers.

The hat worn by The Queen to attend the opening ceremony of "The Three Emperors: 1662-1795," at the Royal Academy of the Arts, November 9, 2005

HM's hat at the opening

The hat worn by HM to open the Field of Remembrance, Westminster Abbey, November 10, 2005

Her Majesty's hat

Source-Getty Images
Dinner at Italian Ambassador's Residence during state visit from Italy

State banquet for Italian State Visit

South Korean State Visit

Royal Gala at Wales Millennium Center

Last edited:
I like see more Gala dress of Her Majesty the Queen from past and present since her become Queen in 1953-2006 of her collection gala dress from design house who make for HM Queen's outfits

Source-Getty Images
November 2004 State Opening of Parliament

French State Visit

State Visit to Germany

Banquet at Dorchester Hotel for Polish President

State Dinner for Polish President

Source-Getty Images
Banquet at the American Ambassador's Residence during American state visit

State Dinner for American State Visit

Return banquet for Russian State Visit

Portrait to mark the 50th Anniversary of her coronation

kwanfan said:
Source-Getty Images
Royal Variety Performance

this is my favorite of her evening gowns! it is so beautiful! she looks so regal.

Source-Getty Images
Die Another Day Premiere

Gala at the Ritz to celebrate the success of her jubilee

Golden Jubilee Gala Dinner in Quebec

Golden Jubilee Gala Dinner at Windsor Castle

Dinner at 10 Downing Street to mark Golden Jubilee

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1921/513501887se.jpg

State Visit to New Zealand

I love the red dress she wore to the variety show too. I thought it was daring and suited her well. You can be old and look great.

Many of her outfits hit just the right note. She never seems to put the wrong foot forward in terms of her dress and the way she carries herself, etc. :) I wonder how much is budgeted for her wardrobe?

I think her outfits are age appropriate. They might not always be something I would wear, but they suit her position and age.

She looks great in red but if I recall something on color charts Queen Elizabeth is considered a winter tone, right? So she looks her best in blues and other blue shade variations and white and silver ice colors.

I believe Queen Sofia of Spain is an autum chart so she looks her best in reds, ambers and rust-like colors.

Queen Elizabeth does look good, her outfits are very well suited to her age.

Toledo, I think you're right, and most of the Queen's outfits that stand out in my mind have been blueish tones. She wore turquoise for her Christmas speech and looked lovely.

I'm not a great fun of her white dresses. I prefer colour. I think Her Majesty looks great in red, but not in the evening.

Toledo said:
She looks great in red but if I recall something on color charts Queen Elizabeth is considered a winter tone, right? So she looks her best in blues and other blue shade variations and white and silver ice colors.

I believe Queen Sofia of Spain is an autum chart so she looks her best in reds, ambers and rust-like colors.

I would think summer rather than winter. Some of the really strong colours are a bit much for her.

ElisaR said:
I'm not a great fun of her white dresses. I prefer colour. I think Her Majesty looks great in red, but not in the evening.

I agree. color is much better for her while unfortunately the white dresses often make her figure look dumpy. though that may also have to do with the cut.

pollyemma said:
I agree. color is much better for her while unfortunately the white dresses often make her figure look dumpy. though that may also have to do with the cut.

I also think it's the cut. For some reason her white dresses often have a worse cut than the others.

Source-Getty Images
Return dinner for South African President

State Visit by Nelson Mandela

1998 Gala

Premiere of The Parent Trap

Performance of the ballet Giselle in Moscow

Souce-Getty Images
Guildhall dinner celebrating the 50th anniversay of D-Day

Source-Corbis
State visit by President and Mrs. Kennedy

Dinner at 10 Downing Street in 1985

1987 State Visit by King Fahd