Queen Elizabeth II - Brooches 1: December 2003-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen has worn her lovely 2 pearl and canary yellow diamond brooch to Sunday Service.
I have not seen this brooch for some time.
GillW, from your records, when might be the last time, this brooch was worn.
At one time, it was seen frequently.

Well prior to this summer break in Scotland (no detectable coverage for weeks!) the last appearance I have for that brooch is on 26 March 2008, for the French State Visit to Windsor - it was worn on the rear of HMs sash - ver remiss and unusual for me but I didn't keep a note of a picture reference so I'm not sure how I know that!

The time before that, it was worn on th rear of the sash at the Banquet in Washington DC - perhaps this is it's new vocation, which would be a shame as it's a very nice one and should be seen "up front" more often imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most interesting it has become a "rear" brooch.
I agree it is a shame. It is certainly different enough to be worn "up front".

Might you have photos of the 2 occassions that you mentioned please?

Joye (and everyone else) I'm really sorry but I was looking at the wrong brooch!! I wondered at the time why there was so few events! I accidentally filtered for the "diamond double bar" instead of the "double pearl triangle" (my excuse is I was feeling a bit poorly last night!)

To compensate, here is my list of this pearl brooch appearing since 2007:

05-May-09 - Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, 250th Anniversary
23-Apr-09 BP - Black Rod, outgoing
27-Oct-08 - St James Pal - reception for Leonard Cheshire 60 years
27-Jul-08 - Crathie Church
17-Oct-07 - Pool of London, name Trinity House Vessel GALATEA
23-Jul-07 - BP - Order of Merit: Lord Reese of Ludlow
19-Jul-07 - BP - Ambassadors - maldives
17-Jun-07 - Polo Queen's Cup
30-May-07 - BP - Dignitaries, Nova Scotia
02-Mar-07 - BP - ambassadors - Peru
15-Feb-07 - -BP - Tea for Arsenal FC

Last edited by a moderator:
Gill, I am so glad that I'm not the only one with the jewelry bug. I believe you caught it also! My princess scrapbooks of jewels don't seem so insane to me now, for it seems you are just as "interested shall we say" in HM brooches. Awesome!!!Thanks for all your info!

The diamond & aquamarine clips look great with hn queen elizabeths outfit. Very fitting, imo-

I am so in love with these clips. She wears them just once in awhile... to tease us!!!

The Reception for the Overseas Chief Justices, is it right that it was the Jardine Star worn by the Queen on the blue outfit?

Actually, according to the Royal Collection website, in the Dress for the Occasson online exhibit, the beautiful aquamarine clips are actually by Boucheron--but, Cartier is the jeweler who was inspired by women hanging the wash out and he created the clip itself initially, apparently, Boucheron copied his idea. However, in tribute to Cartier, here is a lovely sapphire and diamond clip:
AN IMPORTANT ART DECO SAPPHIRE AND DIAMOND DRESS CLIP, BY CARTIER by Christie's Auction House

:previous:
"Boucheron Clips" is lacking in alliteration. "Cartier Clips" it is. :D

originally posted by iceflower in the British Forum..
The Queen attended the official opening of the UK Supreme Court in London, October 16, 2009. --> 'grape' brooch

The grape brooch is lovely.So delicate!I also loved the pearl earrings!

Which brooch please, did The Queen wear at the recent Investiture on 20th October. at Buckingham Palace?

Which brooch please, did The Queen wear at the recent Investiture on 20th October. at Buckingham Palace?

I haven't been able to find any front views of the Investiture, but (despite the colour effect of the light) I think it was the same dress as for the meeting with Jean Chretien, which means it was most likely to be the Cullinan V.

Thankyou. I wondered if it was the trefoil diamond/pearl brooch. Hard to know, for as you say, there is not a good "front on" photo.

Just a note that personal conversations should be done by PM. I've taken out those posts which have no relevance to other members.

thanks.
Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

originally posted by iceflower in the British Forum..
The Queen attended the official opening of the UK Supreme Court in London, October 16, 2009. --> 'grape' brooch
I am not familiar with this brooch. Are the grapes, diamonds and the leaves invisbly set sapphires?

Love the grape brooch, it looks fantastic with the pearl necklace! Especially stunning with her Majesty's blue outfit and hat.

I am not familiar with this brooch. Are the grapes, diamonds and the leaves invisbly set sapphires?

As far as we can tell yes. The brooch belonged to the late Queen Mother, although it was not frequently worn by her. HM began wearing it (in public at any rate) in 2006, for the first time in Singapore, and it has been seen on engagements 6 times since then, including this week. It's lovely and very wearable so I hope it continues to make regualr appearances.

Oh Wow - the Delhi emerald brooch made another appearance today at the tea for the ladies of the Land Army.

:previous:
No blue this time Gill. HM has gone green, and thrown in a whopping emerald for good measure. :)
Courtesy of iceflower in the British Forum,
Women's Land Army and Timbers Corps Tea, Buckingham Palace, 21 October 2009 --> Delhi Durbar Emerald Brooch

Last edited:
Beautiful brooch! A particular favorite of mine.

What a huge emerald!I like this brooch,too.Its design is so simple,yet elegant.

On the 23rd October, at Gloucester, The Queen has worn the large rose brooch from the dismantled Nizam's tiara.

What a pitty that we don't have pics of The Queen in Old Windsor, and so unable to see what brooch she wore. Again blue I saw, the outfit for the 2009 Trooping the Colour.

HM has a lovely brooch on today, whilst welccoming the Indian President. Any clues as to its provenance?

HM has a lovely brooch on today, whilst welccoming the Indian President. Any clues as to its provenance?

I've only seen this worn two other times, firstly in N Ireland on 7th May 2009, and then a little later at Ascot on 17th June. I have not seen any information come to light yet, and therefore until we know more about it I call it the Irish Blossom, as it reminds me of a spray of delicate apple blossom. I haven't yet seen a photo clear enough to see if it is diamonds, pearls, or simply white metal, but at this point I'd bet on diamonds...

Now that I've taken a look at some of the photos they seem a bit clearer than those we may have seen before - it's also one of those unusual days where HM has a different brooch on her dress from on her coat - the indoor photos show her wearing the shell brooch of the late Q Mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom