Queen Alia Al Hussein (1948-1977): Information and Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks xavi for the video it was amazing also sad because i wonder what p.ali & p.haya have done when they saw the movie or what they will do if they will watch it ?

princess alia is jordanian from salt, her fathers house still there ,it is an old and now a museum of jordanian heritage,
it is true that touqan clan is originally palastinian clan but queen alia belongs to the jordanian branch of this family who lived in jordan before 1948 .
does any one know if queen alia worked in jordanian tv? please tell me

Last edited by a moderator:
I think queen alia worked in jordanian air lines and she had a cousin soha touqan who worked in jordanian tv

Huda thank you very much for sharing these beautiful pictures of the lovely Queen Alia. I never get tired of looking at her pictures.

I think queen alia worked in jordanian air lines and she had a cousin soha touqan who worked in jordanian tv

She was working in the PR department

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Rossina ; I saw them on TV ali was is if he visited her tomb for the 1st time ; wonder why Reem is not with him ...

http://i51.tinypic.com/jkkgmg.jpg
Losing a mother at such a young age is something which stays with you your whole life, believe me my dad ( a pensioner) lost his mother to cancer when he was 3, and recently he bought a tape with the lullabyes she used to sing him, it's as if he is the little orphan boy.
Did anyone notice that Alia was the only wife of Hussein who wasn't taller than him? There is definitly something about Queen Alia:flowers:

Great pictures. thank you salma for uploading them here. I don't know how to upload pictures and I wanted some one to do that with these beautiful pictures of Queen Alia. She is gorgeous and she got the most beautiful eyes on earth.

Just a question,could anyone tell me how the name Alia is pronounced as it is such a pretty name. Is it pronounced Ah - lee - ah or Ali -ah ? Or something completely different knowing me :)

His mother was Circassian right?

Ahh yeah I knew she was a Palestinian but I thought she was a Circassian Palestinian. Someone said something to that alike before I think.

edit: I looked it up

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-1948-1977-information-and-pictures-1254.html

On the first page you could see several people claiming she's Circassian.

Hmm so is she simply Palestinian or Circassian Palestinian?
No she pure Palestenian and Circassian who live in Palestine very little and not anyone from them from Toukan Family ;)

Just a question,could anyone tell me how the name Alia is pronounced as it is such a pretty name. Is it pronounced Ah - lee - ah or Ali -ah ? Or something completely different knowing me :)
is Pronounce like AL-Ya :D

Last edited:
In my opinion she was the beautifullest queen in jordan

What is the speculation of the crash of queen alia ? some people says it was a complo i dont understand it

What is the speculation of the crash of queen alia ? some people says it was a complo i dont understand it
Only rumors, some newspaper published that the helicopter crash wasnt an accident.

When someone so loved & adored dies in such a tragic way,there are always rumours and gossip of an arranged death...like Marylin Monroe,Diana,Michael Jackson & many many more...
I do not believe that Queen Alia had an arranged death.Princess Haya would never stop to get down that person who did it & King Hussein would also try to find the supposed muderer,he loved Alia very much and even if I am wrong about this,he could have taken another wife without problems...

BTW:Here is the video of Queen Alia's visit to Syria in 1977 (the other link did not work for me),it is only very short:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-AqgwhbPYY

Last edited:
The helicopter crash was an accident no was arranged. These day the weather conditions were not the best to fly.

No offece intended, but I've heard that King Hussein divorced Princess Muna (some says it's a political decision) because he wanted to marry Queen Alia. Is that true? If yes, does that mean they had an affair before he divorced Princess Muna?

The helicopter crash was an accident no was arranged. These day the weather conditions were not the best to fly.

Yes, I have also read that as well...how tragic & sad, I wish they had not used the helicopter that fateful day!
I have also been in very bad weather with a 2-seats airplane and could not land in Vienna,so I flew to another airport & landed safely. In bad weather or with limited visibility (fog/darkness etc.) it is always difficult to land a plane/helicopter safely,no matter how experienced or careful you are.
God bless Alia´s soul and the other people who were affected by this accident :rose:

No offece intended, but I've heard that King Hussein divorced Princess Muna (some says it's a political decision) because he wanted to marry Queen Alia. Is that true? If yes, does that mean they had an affair before he divorced Princess Muna?

In Muslim faith a man can take up to 4 wives at the same time,they all remain family and try to stay on good terms-so no rose war or bitchy divorce needed. Of course, for the lady who gets left (if she is still in love with her husband) it must be difficult,but it is better for the children if the parents stay on speaking terms.
I believe that Muna did not get divorced,but I am not sure.Only I know that the first marriage was not succesful and unhappy for Hussein and his first wife as well,so they probably got divorced,but ppl from Jordan might know better:flowers:

Are someone from jordan ? Was she famous hmm are the jordanian peoples loved her ?

Back
Top Bottom