Princess Madeleine Expecting Third Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris! This has been some welcome news in an otherwise horrible day. :swedenflag:

Congratulations to Princess Madeleine and Chris! Wonderful surprising news :flowers::swedenflag:

That’s a lot of cousins sharing birthdays close together!

February 23, 2012 Estelle
February 20, 2014 Leonore
March 2, 2016 Oscar
March XX, 2018 Baby O’Neill #3
April 19, 2016 Alexander

Not to mention, their Grandpa Carl has an April birthday as well (30th)

You're right; all the grandpa/grandkids birthdays close together. Only Baby Bernadotte #2 will have a September birthday.

You're right; all the grandpa/grandkids birthdays close together. Only Baby Bernadotte #2 will have a September birthday.
Not to forget Nicolas who has his birthday in June

I was expecting no less! Madeleine loves motherhood, that's clear from all the images we get - also the paparazzi shots... It also prooves she has easy pregnancies and recovers quickly. And with loads of money and profesional help, aah... Life with three kids can't be so hard :whistling:

I was expecting no less! Madeleine loves motherhood, that's clear from all the images we get - also the paparazzi shots... It also prooves she has easy pregnancies and recovers quickly. And with loads of money and profesional help, aah... Life with three kids can't be so hard :whistling:

:ROFLMAO:you neil it!!!!:flowers: so right!!!! Congratulations to the family!:flowers:

What was the point of the SRF now implying they would have preferred to wait a bit with the announcement? Who or what would have revealed she is pregnant again? To me it did not show at the equestrian event.

What was the point of the SRF now implying they would have preferred to wait a bit with the announcement? Who or what would have revealed she is pregnant again? To me it did not show at the equestrian event.

Perhaps she's not past the 1st trimester....that's when the highest risk of miscarriage is...most women don't announce prior to this.

LaRae

Royal Families are like, for example, Firms/Companies with confidentiality clauses. And all members know that. They control what, how, and when information is disseminated to the public..
But I agree, since the news is out, even if it is earlier than they wanted, there’s no need in pointing out the fact that they wanted to wait before making the announcement.

wow! congrats to madeleine and chris. the swedish royal family is truly prolific! over the last few years, at least one member has always been pregnant.

here is a timeline of events i just put together. they really didn't waste their time in this family - clear that they are constructing a truly strong next generation.?

• Announcement of Victoria pregnant with 1st child, 17 August 2011
• Estelle born 23 February 2012
• Announcement of Madeleine pregnant with 1st child, September 2013
• Leonore born 20 February 2014
• Announcement of Madeleine pregnant with 2nd child, 19 December 2014
• Nicolas born 15 June 2015
• Announcement of Victoria pregnant with 2nd child, 4 September 2015
• Announcement of Sofia pregnant with 1st child, 15 October 2015
• Oscar born 2 March 2016
• Alexander born 19 April 2016
• Announcement of Sofia pregnant with 2nd child, 23 March 2017
• Announcement of Madeleine pregnant with 3rd child, 27 August 2017
• 2nd son of Sofia and CP born 31 August 2017, 31 August 2017

Just learned this news. What a Weekend for happy Royal Baby News!! Which was badly needed after the past week.

Congratulations to Madeleine, Chris & soon to be Big Sister Again Leonore & Big Brother Nicholas!! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

I wonder if the baby will be born in London, or in Sweden. What do you think?

I wonder if the baby will be born in London, or in Sweden. What do you think?

There's a strong argument for both actually
London:
.They are based there
.Like Stockholm, there's good health care
.Chris works there, so it's easier to get to her form his office, when labour kicks in
.Easier to get back to normal life since they already live there, as opposed to having to take a plane back

Stockholm:
.Madeleine is Swedish, and is a princess of the realm
.Nicolas, their last baby was born in Stockholm
.Her support system-(mother, sister, family friends), is in Stockholm, which would be extremely helpful to her during her last stages of pregnancy, labour/birth, and after she gives birth
. Good healthcare
.Will prove to be a more popular city, and thus will keep the media off their case
.According to the court, next week the family flies to Stockholm for an extended period of time, not sure if its just for the holidays, or they're planning to have everything ready
Ultimately they have to do what's best for them.

Press release from the court

Information regarding HRH Princess Madeleine's awaited birth
HRH Princess Madeleine plans to give birth to her third child in Sweden. The birth is expected to take place in March 2018.
Princess Madeleine and Mr Christopher O’Neill have decided that their third child will be born in Sweden. The Princess will arrive in Sweden in mid-February and the birth is expected to take place in March 2018.
As Princess Madeleine and her family are not registered residents in Sweden, all hospital care costs associated with the birth of their third child will be paid using personal funds.
Information regarding HRH Princess Madeleine’s awaited birth - Sveriges Kungahus

Press release from the court

Information regarding HRH Princess Madeleine's awaited birth
HRH Princess Madeleine plans to give birth to her third child in Sweden. The birth is expected to take place in March 2018.
Princess Madeleine and Mr Christopher O’Neill have decided that their third child will be born in Sweden. The Princess will arrive in Sweden in mid-February and the birth is expected to take place in March 2018.
As Princess Madeleine and her family are not registered residents in Sweden, all hospital care costs associated with the birth of their third child will be paid using personal funds.
Information regarding HRH Princess Madeleine’s awaited birth - Sveriges Kungahus

Well, that ends the speculation that she would have the baby in London.And, since the family is paying for the hospital with private funds, she can't be accused either of taking advantage of the Swedish healthcare system !

What will the Swedish press come up with now to bad-mouth the princess ?

Last edited:
What will the Swedish press come up with now to bad-mouth the princess ?
That the taxpayers are forking out for Madeleine's private hospital luxury birth through her appanage.

Last edited:
Have Madeleine and her family already arrived to Sweden?

Do you guys think it is feasible that, with the birth of the third child, Madeleine and the King will decide that all 3 of Madde’s children will be stripped off their HRH titles and be removed from the line of succession? It would be a good moment and it will give Madeleine back her freedom.

Doesn't make sense to me the King would do this now ...it could of been done early on and some announcement made etc about her children not being issued titles or whatever.

LaRae

There is not any chance for Beatrice, more less for Eugenie of York to become the Reigning Queen of Great Britain, and they were not stripped of HRH titles, so why Madeleine's children should be?

I think some of the rules are different in Sweden..I've seen discussion here about the reason Maddie's kids can be stripped is they are required to be raised in the realm. So...some feel if they are going to be raised mostly in London they should lose their titles.

LaRae

Do you guys think it is feasible that, with the birth of the third child, Madeleine and the King will decide that all 3 of Madde’s children will be stripped off their HRH titles and be removed from the line of succession? It would be a good moment and it will give Madeleine back her freedom.
I think that it will be a shoddy move for the King to strip Madeleine's children of their titles. Also I never subscribed to the belief that Madeleine did not want her children to have titles but was somehow pressured into it by her father. In other words, I think that it is both Madeleine and the King's wish for her children to be Princes and Princesses of Sweden.

Last edited:
I don't think they will necessarily loose their titles. Ofcourse The King and Princess Madeleine could decide that but Leonor and Nicolas have already been granted H.R.H status and been awarded titular Dukedoms wich is a huge prestige and a pr winn for the swedish landscapes. The King knows that.

What happened to Sigvard 1932 and Carl Johan 1946 is not applicable on todays situation. It was another constitution in Sweden back then.

However it is possible that Leonor, Nicolas and Nr 3 will have to be removed from the succession at some point. But i very much doubt that they will loose the titles they already have.

But The King (or Victoria) will have to decide in the future what to do with the grandchildren of Carl Philip and Madeleine. A Royal House with 30 H.R.H Prince/Princess'es is ofcourse not an option.

Last edited:

I don't think that the King can decide that on his own.
It is a constitution-matter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom