Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 4: June 2005 - January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
soCal girl said:
Her pink nails are so pretty!:) Her outfit looks as if it came from Victoria's closet...not that that's bad (I like and respect Victoria a lot). I'm glad she strayed away from her brown and blue suits. It's nice that she's up and around representing the Royal Family. Hopefully we'll see her at the Opening of Parliament and Nobel Prize...no illness or exams this year!

Yes, her nails are pretty, but I think that the pink nails in the last picture don't belong to Madeleine but to someone else, because in the other pictures Madeleine has more or less natural colured nails and wears no ring, does she?:confused:

I agree that Princess Madeleine looked very good, but she always does to me.

Those pink nails do indeed not belong to her, they belong to Mrs Sonja Söderberg, whom received the H.M. The King's Jug as the horse owner's representative. Sorry to dissapoint you all... :) But I'm sure the woman with those nails would be glad to hear that they are appreciated here on TRF! :D

GrandDuchess said:
And here is she is at the awarding of the "H.R.H. Princess Madeleine Scholarship" in Hudiksvall. In this picture Princess Madeleine is posing with the recipients of her scholarship, Caroline Åkerlund and Lena Wiklund, and the recipient of the "Golden Rider of the Year" award, Irene Slättengren, jury member Per Schönnings and County Governor Christer Eirefelt.

Picture from Sundsvalls Tidning.

how does one win the Princess Madeleine Scholarship?

Oops! It looked liked Madeleine's nails because she always has such nice manicured nails. Oh well, they were pretty anyway. Does Madeleine get her nails done profesionally? They look so perfect all the time, and if she does get them done...where? Is their a "royal cosmetologist" who does all the nails for the royal ladies or do they go elsewhere?

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I think, that she visits a Spa or an exclusive beauty institute in Stockholm to get her nails done or to get a face treatment and things like that.

soCal girl said:
Oops! It looked liked Madeleine's nails because she always has such nice manicured nails. Oh well, they were pretty anyway. Does Madeleine get her nails done profesionally? They look so perfect all the time, and if she does get them done...where? Is their a "royal cosmetologist" who does all the nails for the royal ladies or do they go elsewhere?
I thin I´ve read somewhere that the queen, Victoria and Madeleine all goes to the same lady to do their manicure and pedicure. Somewhere on Strandvägen I belive. I think there even was a "secret" backdoor that lets them to go straight into the "manicure room" without have to go through the waiting room = meeting other people

Announcement from the TRF Team:

In an effort to conserve bandwidth, the TRF Team is making some changes to how News and Picture threads are being organized, which you may have noticed is already being made in some forums.

From this point forward, please be aware that the only images that will be allowed to be attached directly to the forum will be those of current activities of the royals, which can be posted in the Current Events threads.

Instead of posting a dozen or more pictures, please try to select a few pictures that best describe the event/occasion. Aim to conserve. Think quality not quantity.

If you wish to post pictures of events that happened a few years ago or older images of various royals, please do so in the Picture threads via a private image hosting account such as Photobucket or Imageshack.

Please note that older images which are attached directly to the forum are subject to removal by an Administrator or SuperModerator without notice to the member.

Thank you for your co-operation on this matter so that we can all continue to enjoy images of our favourite royals.

The TRF Team

Since this is Madeleine's last year at University, does anybody know of her plans afterwards? If she got a job, would it be something fashion oriented or something else? Personally, I think having a job would be great but kind of difficult for someone who is tracked down by photographers all the time. I think it would be great if she took on a lot of duties and helped represent the monarchy. I'm sure she will when Victoria first becomes queen...:rolleyes:

I too wonder what Princess Madeleine will do after her course finishes in January 2006? Maybe she will stay at University and study for a Masters Degree or take up another subject? We will have to wait and see until the new year.

The magazine "Studentlife" who is sent out to all students at the universities in Sweden (= Madeleine aswell :) )has a article about her in the latest edition

They writes that the history faculty at Stockholm will get a royal student this fall (as we already knew)
Madeleine will read books about her relatives when she takes the A-course in modern history.

In Britain the royal family is upset because of Victoria Beckhams jeans brand "Rock and Republic". They dont like that the royal crown is beeing used on the back of the jeans...

and guess who wears one of the pairs: yes, princess Madeleine :) Yesterday she was seen around Stockholm wearing those jeans. After a long day at the university she headed for the city and was seen shopping, having lunch and getting a haircut.
She has bought hers n a shop in Stockholm for 2000 sek
ACJ says to Expressen:
- Its a pity if the queen is upset, but its a question of trademark that they have to make an agreement about home in Britain.
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=447007

Attachments

• d069ffca.JPG
    d069ffca.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 3,485
  • ebe44d2c.JPG
    ebe44d2c.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 3,780
Last edited:
How shocking! :p :D
IMO it´s a little bit tacky of Madeleine to wear these jeans as princess. But hey, I wouldn´t mind to get one too ;)

To the picture of the jeans: I´ve always thought Madeleine is blond (??)

Lena said:
How shocking! :p :D
IMO it´s a little bit tacky of Madeleine to wear these jeans as princess. But hey, I wouldn´t mind to get one too ;)

To the picture of the jeans: I´ve always thought Madeleine is blond (??)
she is blonde. But its a bad photo so it doesnt seems so. I think it might be her jacket and not her hair that is that dark..

ecd512e0.jpg

Another picture of Princess Madeleine out shopping, with the security guards from SÄPO just behind her. I guess this was taken at the same time as the ones Yennie posted here. The picture is also from Expressen.

jeans

Some how I don't believe the british royals are upset over the jeans. It isn't like they own the patent to crowns.

seto said:
Some how I don't believe the british royals are upset over the jeans. It isn't like they own the patent to crowns.

I think it more likely that it is the courtiers that are upset over the jeans

some gossip from www.stureplan.se

Köket, September 24
On to the important things. All of us who were at Köket and the VIP room Suite were very happy. Because who was sitting at one of the tables if not princess Madeleine herself. Its been a while, Madeleine hasnt been clubbing in Stockholm in years (yennies note: what :rolleyes: for years?!)
Daniel Nyhlen got immediately hold of it and lurked around the princess´table and watched her every move.
Madeleine were having champagne with her boyfriend Jonas Bergström and their friends, among others Dag Werner and Natalie Rosta. Madeleine appeared to have a lot of fun.
Suddenly she walked away with Kristoffer Ahlbom and Niclas Rahm, who wanted to introduce her to Emma Andersson. Or, maybe they wanted to introduce Emma Anderson to the princess, yes thats more likely.
The otherwise so talkative Emma Andersson became silent at once and remained so for three whole minutes, a for Emma Andersson very long time. It was almost like if she had swallowed her tongue (is there a enlglish saying for that?!)
Other than that, everything was pretty much the same.

Last edited:
Yennie said:
some gossip from www.stureplan.se

Så till väsentligheterna. Alla vi som var på Köket och vip-rummet Suite i lördags var särledes glada. I ett av båsen satt nämligen prinsessan Madeleine, tänka sig. Det var inte igår, Madeleine har inte gått på nattklubb i Stockholm på flera år.
Daniel Nyhlén fick genast en hinna över ögonen som vi annars bara ser på Aktuellt-arkivbilder från 1997 när galna kosjukan härjade som värst. Nyllet gjorde oroliga åttor runt prinsessan och bevakade nervöst varje rörelse hon tog. Madeleine satt med pojkvännen Jonas Bergström tillsammans med bland andra Dag Werner och Natalie Rosta och drack champagne. Madeleine såg ut att ha det mycket roligt. Plötsligt trippade hon bort tillsammans med Kristoffer Ahlbom och Niclas Rahm, som ville introducera henne för Emma Andersson. Eller kanske ville de introducera Emma Andersson för henne, ja, det lät bättre. Den annars så ljuvligt snacksaliga Emma tystnade genast och höll snattran i tre minuter, en för Emma Andersson så lång tid att vi till slut trodde att hon svalt tungan. Eller att hon sålt den. Att hon sålt tungan och tappat pengarna, som man ju säger. I övrigt var mycket sig ganska likt

"Nice" of Stureplan, that they lie so much for the Royal family...and are always discreet. No one can tell me, that Madeleine wasn´t in a night club for several years. Even to say, she was last time in 2004 would be too far away from reality. It seems Stureplan is in contact with the Royals (and ETW?). It happened e.g. that they deleted informations about Royals hanging out on parties or weddings after a short while.
What an honour to meet Emma Andersson :D :p

Last edited:
Lena said:
"Nice" of Stureplan, that the lie so much for the Royal family...and are always discreet. No one can tell me, that Madeleine wasn´t in a night club for several years. Even to say, she was last time in 2004 would be too far away from reality. It seems Stureplan is in contact with the Royals (and ETW?). It happened e.g. that they deleted informations about Royals hanging out on parties or weddings after a short while.
What an honour to meet Emma Andersson :D :p
I´m sure the royal court has control over many of the things written about the royal family.... It is a little silly to say that she hasn´t been in a nigtclub for years. We even have photo proof that she has :D
Oh yes, Emma Andersson is a superstar :rolleyes:

Yennie said:
It was almost like if she had swallowed her tongue (is there a enlglish saying for that?!)
The saying for us is "Cat got your tongue?" :D

robby86 said:
The saying for us is "Cat got your tongue?" :D
so you would write "it was almost like the cat got her tongue?"?? sounds weird :)

I thought Madeleine wasn't allowed to drive her car, but we have all these pictures of her driving. Were these restrictions taken off? Thanks for answering.:)

soCal girl said:
I thought Madeleine wasn't allowed to drive her car, but we have all these pictures of her driving. Were these restrictions taken off? Thanks for answering.:)
not allowed to drive her car? Where did you hear that?

She has done some "bad things" when driving, like driving at a pedestrian street and such things, but nothing so serious that her license was taken from her

Driving

Princess Madeleine was definitely not allowed to drive her car for a couple of month during the spring of 2004 because of that stalker but she seems to have been driving herself for a long time again now.

aha, you perhaps you meant not-allowed-to-drive-because-of-safety :)

Yes, Gita you´re probably right! I´ve seen several photos from the latest year when she has been a passenger in a Säpo car.

Sorry I didn't specify. I meant after the whole stalker/kidnap issue. I guess she still has to have bodyguards with her but she's allowed to drive. I wonder at the kind of relationship Madeleine and her bodyguards have. She probably has the same ones day after day so they must get to know each other pretty well on a certain level. But on the other hand I'm sure some level of professionalism plays in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom