Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill, Current Events 1: December 2012 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Exactly!

I guess I don't understand the question of where he will sit/stand. Even though he didn't take a title nor he will he undertake engagements as a member of the Swedish Royal family, he is a member of the Swedish House. I would imagine it be the same situation as it was for the Haga Princesses or Ari Behn.

IMO it would be extremely rude and strange if he sat/stood anywhere that wasn't near his wife.

I guess he sits near his wife.

Obviously that isn't so clear, since Ternert said this matter in such an odd way.
Normally the Royal Family sits with the Victoria Scholarship winner in front of the people in special chairs.

Last edited:
Well if we haven't learned anything at all about the Swedish Royal Family we have learned that they need better people behind the scenes. I have a feeling that your average intern could answer questions better than their PR department.

IMO they create drama/issues when none exists.

As we all know Ternert, he probably says something different about this to Aftonbladet tomorrow...

Aftonbladet wrote yesterday also about Chris' attendance at Victoria's birthday. The article tells that Madeleine will not this year attend at the celebrity sailing race for World Childhood Foundation in Marstrand on 4th July. In 2008 she was sailing in it, the participants are kept secret until the last minute. Bertil Ternert told to Aftonbladet that Madeleine will not attend this year and she has told it to Childhood a long time ago.

Last year Chris was in Öland at Victoria's birthday. Since the couple wasn't engaged, he wasn't according to the royal etiquette at the TV-concert. As the husband of Madeleine, the doors opened for Chris. If Chris sits together with the royal family evening of 14 July, the court has no information on, Ternert told to Aftonbladet that they will be in Öland, but he can not answer to where Chris sits or stands.
According to chief editor of Royal Magazine Roger Lundgren, Chris will attend, he is not part of the Royal House, but only of the royal family. Members of the royal family and their commitments are never listed on the website.
Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson thinks it would be remarkable if Chris is not with the royal family at the TV broadcast, Madeleine always sits at the stage and celebrates her sister. It is Chris' job to accompany and represent along with her. Alexandersson would be very surprised if he doesn't attend the concert.
Madeleine dissar Marstrandssegling Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Why is it Chris's "job" to represent since as you point out he is not part of the Royal House, but only of the royal family. He has no official duties or role in Sweden. He is merely the husband of a member of the Royal House.

Why is it Chris's "job" to represent since as you point out he is not part of the Royal House, but only of the royal family. He has no official duties or role in Sweden. He is merely the husband of a member of the Royal House.

Didn't I read somewhere - probably through here - that though he would not be a Royal, he would be the spouse of a Royal and that there would be occasions when his Royal wife is doing Royal duties that he would accompany her? Though it might not technically be his "job", it is a reasonable expectation.

Didn't I read somewhere - probably through here - that though he would not be a Royal, he would be the spouse of a Royal and that there would be occasions when his Royal wife is doing Royal duties that he would accompany her? Though it might not technically be his "job", it is a reasonable expectation.

Oh I do not doubt that he will occassionally show up with his wife at some events but I would not say it is his "job" or even his duty to do so on a regular basis. I would be very surprised if they fly back to Sweden every year for Victorias birthday celebrations.

And perhaps Madeleine may use her marriage and residing in the U.S. as more of a reason to withdraw from royal responsibilities, if that is her intention to do so.

Last edited:
I really wonder why Chris' seat is so much important..

It will be great to see Chris at Victoria's Birthday with the rest of the family.

Madeleine has said many times that she loves the summer in Solliden,so probably they will spend a few weeks there during the summer also in the future.

Valentino, Lagerfield.... why do these guys look so weird? I'm not sure I'd want to be anywhere near them let alone put clothes on me. But then again, my idea of dressy is not much above clean jeans and a shirt.

I see Chris is back to his grizzled beard, but he seems more relaxed now in the Paris photos. He gives a wave while Madeleine just looks stoic and resigned.

Last edited:
According to Svensk Damtidning, Madeleine and Chris were on Sunday in Stockholm at restaurant Ponte Fiore.

Some photos from today, Madeleine and Chris shopping in Paris.
IBL Bildbyrå

Last edited:
I love that black dress, i guess is Valentino? she looks stunning!

Madeleine and Chris today, shopping in Paris.
Madeleine och Chris fortfarande kvar i Paris | Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Yesterday Madeleine and Chris had been at the Valentino boutique and at a lunch at the Plaza Hotel, and then at the fashion show.
Madeleine och Chris i Paris – för att träffa Valentino Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Whoa...does Madeleine look completely fed up in that top series of photos or what? She probably thought marrying and moving away from Sweden would get her a more quiet, private sort of life. But I have the feeling that she is going to be more hounded than ever as HRH Princess Madeleine, Mrs. Christopher O'Neill. :sad:

She and Chris look pretty bundled up for July...is there a cold spell in Europe right now? And where is Zorro?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for the great photos and the info Lady Finn...since I am such an animal lover I always like seeing Zorro out and about!

I am STUNNED to see the book Chris is reading in that last photo...I read it years ago and it was disturbing to say the least....:eek:

Last edited:
I don't think Chris is "waving" to the photographers... I think it's more of a gesture saying "c'mon guys give us a break"...

Anyone knows which book is Chris reading in the photo ? Can not make the title out.

Anyone knows which book is Chris reading in the photo ? Can not make the title out.

It's called "NEMESIS-THE LOVE TRIANGLE THAT BROUGHT DOWN THE KENNEDYS" and the author is Peter Evans.

It's a shocking book based on a very disturbing premise, and that is all I will say about it. :sad:

Thanks for the great photos and the info Lady Finn...since I am such an animal lover I always like seeing Zorro out and about!

I am STUNNED to see the book Chris is reading in that last photo...I read it years ago and it was disturbing to say the least....:eek:

Could you explain why you're STUNNED that he's reading it?

The book basically claims that Onassis was behind RFK's murder because RFK was after Jackie :wacko:

There are lots of conspiracy theories on JFK, not so many on RFK but this one is one of the most absurd.

The book basically claims that Onassis was behind RFK's murder because RFK was after Jackie :wacko:

There are lots of conspiracy theories on JFK, not so many on RFK but this one is one of the most absurd.

Perhaps he enjoys the absurdity?He doesn't neccesarily have to believe it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom