Princess Märtha Louise & Family General News and Information: 2003 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
- I am probably the one in Norway who has received the most criticism of all, I think, she says to SVT.

- Throughout Norway?

- Yes I believe. Up through all the years, yes, Princess Märtha Louise answers bluntly.

Oh, ML. At least call yourself a modern Quisling if you're going to do that... :ermm:

She sounds like another Royal who blames everything on the Press. Both of whom fail to realize that it is their own actions that cause controversy.

- I am probably the one in Norway who has received the most criticism of all, I think, she says to SVT.

- Throughout Norway?

- Yes I believe. Up through all the years, yes, Princess Märtha Louise answers bluntly.

Oh, ML. At least call yourself a modern Quisling if you're going to do that... :ermm:

thank you.

additional:

she would like to and is willing to represent norway as a royal, if asked.

refusing to go further into durek's anti-corona locket/medallion. he did not sat it cured him - in so many words...

viewing norway in a totally new light, because durek was met with racism.

whomever she is in a relationship with is always criticized.
that includes ari behn. and as such the criticism he got from the press was in part the reason for his suicide.
even though the press did do some reflection on perhaps being to harsh towards him.

she speculate whether the reason the press is giving those she is in a relationship with a hard time, is because she is a woman. had she been a man her spouses may not got such a rough treatment.
-----------

the norvegian press is up in arms over the allegation.

The press is justifiably incandescent that she seems to be trying to blame them for Ari.

I think it's pretty clear she doesn't have a very good grasp of subtleties, like: she married a person with his own mental health challenges who did not enjoy being a public media figure and it made (their married life, presumably, and) his struggles worse — but that is not entirely the press's fault. Or maybe she does actually understand this and just has the talent for having most of what she says come out wrong.

I am almost inclined to agree with her that she is on to a grain of something about how the situation would be different if she were male with a controversial female partner — but then she immediately speaks about Harry and Meghan and admires Harry for protecting her. So what is meant to be different? (headshake)

And I wonder why, oh why, disgruntled royals think the solution to the lives they dislike so much is not to do things that earn respect and shut up, rather than using the media to present their own views — at length? 'Seen and not heard' works for adults now perhaps better than children! (Or perhaps just childish adults).

It's because they see media as more powerful than the institutions they come from. Still...

Last edited:
"Royal house expert Trond Norén Isaksen draws parallels between the interview with Märtha and interviews Prince Harry has done recently .

- She has put herself on the same line. She says the media distorts everything and largely blames everything on the media. Part of the problem here is that she takes very little responsibility for her own actions or statements, says Isaksen to NRK."
https://www.nrk.no/norge/kongehusekspert-reagerer-pa-intervju-med-martha-louise-1.16294437

"Royal house expert Trond Norén Isaksen draws parallels between the interview with Märtha and interviews Prince Harry has done recently .

- She has put herself on the same line. She says the media distorts everything and largely blames everything on the media. Part of the problem here is that she takes very little responsibility for her own actions or statements, says Isaksen to NRK."
https://www.nrk.no/norge/kongehusekspert-reagerer-pa-intervju-med-martha-louise-1.16294437

I also have suspected for years that Durek Verrett was to some degree purposefully emulating the public relations strategies of the Duchess of Sussex (even in certain trivial details such as giving his first interview on the relationship to Vanity Fair magazine). Given that the parallels between the rhetoric used by the princessly couple against the Norwegian media and public and the rhetoric used by the British ducal couple against the British media and public have grown ever closer and more obvious, and that Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett have both made explicit references to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in their recent interviews/videos, I think it is now safe to say that the mirroring is at least not entirely accidental.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not intending to begin a discussion on the Sussexes. My point is that that the Princess couple seem to be intentionally modeling their public relations on tactics which have been wildly successful for another European-American royal couple, although it has (so far) turned out to be much less effective in Norway than in the UK and America.

I also have suspected for years that Durek Verrett was to some degree purposefully emulating the public relations strategies of the Duchess of Sussex (even in certain trivial details such as giving his first interview on the relationship to Vanity Fair magazine). Given that the parallels between the rhetoric used by the princessly couple against the Norwegian media and public and the rhetoric used by the British ducal couple against the British media and public have grown ever closer and more obvious, and that Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett have both made explicit references to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in their recent interviews/videos, I think it is now safe to say that the mirroring is at least not entirely accidental.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not intending to begin a discussion on the Sussexes. My point is that that the Princess couple seem to be intentionally modeling their public relations on tactics which have been wildly successful for another European-American royal couple, although it has (so far) turned out to be much less effective in Norway than in the UK and America.

Although this probably belongs in the Verrett and ML thread, they are not very bright to continue to emulate this pattern after clear backlash and "fatigue" have begun against the other couple.

don't think so, they are each independently narrow minded - or perhaps egocentric is a better term.
they don't need each other's help. ?

Haakon was asked about Martha-Louise most recent interview and statements
https://www.dagbladet.no/kjendis/bryter-tausheten-om-martha/78627369

During the press conference in London, the crown prince was asked what he thinks about his sister's media criticism.
- But of course I recognize myself in some of what my sister says to Aftenposten and continues:
- When we were growing up, there was a lot of attention on us and our privacy, and that can be perceived as difficult. So I have some understanding of that.

The crown prince himself praised the Norwegian press for the work they do and the societal mission they have.

Märtha Louise has previously expressed that she is open to returning to the royal house, after she withdrew from all royal duties a few months ago.
The Crown Prince says that the system that has been established will work for a while.

- Then we will see gradually what time will bring.

The fact that the princess withdrew happened shortly after several different organizations of which she was a high patron chose to break their cooperation.

Märtha's gold mine: – Sky's the limit
When Märtha Louise's best friend died of cancer, the widow started a clothing company with the princess as co-owner. - We are betting big, says Märtha about the success that last year had a turnover of 34 million and earned 9.
Märtha's gold mine_ – Sky's the limit _ Finansavisen

Svensk Damtidning about Finansavisen's article
Princess Märtha Louise has every reason to celebrate!
Märtha Louise's clothing brand HÉST is doing really well! According to the Norwegian Finansavisen, the company made a profit of a whopping NOK nine million, just over SEK 8.8 million, last year. And there seems to be no stopping in sight. This year, the hope is to double the turnover - and Märtha Louise, who owns 30 % of the company, has plenty of confidence when she talks about the future:
- There are no limits. We are going to conquer Europe, she tells Finansavisen.
Märtha Louises ofattbara lycka – svindlande miljonregnet _*Svensk Dam

Princess Märtha Louise makes her reality debut.
Märtha Louise and author and influencer Tinashe Williamson (38) participate as a duo at TV-reality show "Jaget" (The Chase). They have been friends for three years.
«Jaget»_ - Gruer meg til paranoiaen

Trailer of "Jaget"
Eight of Norway's biggest celebrities will disappear from the radar while professional investigators do everything they can to find them - and catch them.
Jaget _ Networks _ discovery+

Sigh. Why is the Royal House letting her be advertised as a celebrity?

Is she in dire need of money to participate this ?

Is there anyone who can enlighten us on what they said?

That is a gorgeous cover! Its such a shame ML is caught in the shamans web.

It IS a stunning cover, but the daughter with her eyes closed comes close to ruining it.:confused:

That's Maud. Leah is below her and Emma on the right side.

Back
Top Bottom