Princess Máxima, Current Events 5 (September 2007 - March 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know she speaks French as well. Something she must have picked up at Northlands College.
I remember a TV report during the Dutch state visit to Belgium in which we heard the Belgium Prince Laurent talking about Maxima to his Aunt Queen Fabiola. He said something like that he was amazed by her because she could speak Dutch, Spanish, English and French. He had reason to be amazed btw, especially when you read about the Belgium royals who have great difficulty speaking multiple languages themselves.

Hello People!!! I would like to know if Maxima speaks in English or she has learnt the language of Holland?...And if somebody knows...Which is her zodiac sign?...Thanks a lot!!!...Wonderful the video!

Hi Doncella,

Since she was born in May 17th, she's a Taurus.

Máxima is Europe's best Future Queen according to Gala magazine
Princess Máxima of the Netherlands is scored by german Gala magazine as the best european future Queen. The classification considers several aspects as important: 'Role in the Royal House','Social Commintement', 'Popularity' and 'Style'.
Máxima, wife of Dutch prince Willem-Alexander, obtained 4.6 over 5. The magazine sais that with her charm and elegancy she feels very confortable with her role.
In the list follows Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, with 4.4 points; Princess Letizia, with 3.8 points; and princess Mary of Denmark, just with 2.4 points.

And they excluded Mathilde completely? Sigh.... Do you have a link tot he article or is it only available in the shops?

Where is Princess Mathilde? She doesn't exist for Gala magazine? :ermm:
I think Maxima will be a great Queen one day but I am very surprised to see Mary in the last place. IMO, she and Mathilde will be the Best of them all. :)

She doesn't look that bad in the coat, it makes her look slim.
I don't think she does her own make-up. It is always very well done. But she clearly doesn't have a hair stylist on every occasion.

According to RTL Boulevards anchorman Albert Verlinde, Princess Maxima attended the concert of Sting in Amsterdam Arena yeasterday. Apparently friends of Maxima ordered the tickets from the internet and she was among the ordinairy public but the security quickly found her and adviced her it would be better to go somewhere else. In the restaurant of Amsterdam Arena Albert saw Maxima himself,she greeted him with ´Hello, how do you do´...;)

According to RTL Boulevards anchorman Albert Verlinde, Princess Maxima attended the concert of Sting in Amsterdam Arena yeasterday. Apparently friends of Maxima ordered the tickets from the internet and she was among the ordinairy public but the security quickly found her and adviced her it would be better to go somewhere else. In the restaurant of Amsterdam Arena Albert saw Maxima himself,she greeted him with ´Hello, how do you do´...;)

No pictures available, I assume?

No, and even if people have taken pictures they will not be published by the media due to the media code.

However that media code applies for the Netherlands alone, doesn't it?
I find it strange (albeit very fortunate for the RF) that foreign paparazzis won't try to get pix and sell it to the foreign press, eg, German or Argentine press, as they would be quite interested in Maxima...

No, and even if people have taken pictures they will not be published by the media due to the media code.

i didnt know the netherlands have this kind of censorship. Before Maxima, the press was quite free about the royal family. I guess Maxima wants the press when its useful to her but she despise it when it is interfering with her private life... She seems to play the game do what i want or i won't invite to my next party

However that media code applies for the Netherlands alone, doesn't it?
I find it strange (albeit very fortunate for the RF) that foreign paparazzis won't try to get pix and sell it to the foreign press, eg, German or Argentine press, as they would be quite interested in Maxima...

im surprised too to see how free press in a free country accept these rules...

maxima visiting valentino, her wedding dress desinger

valentino scaneed from Hola magazine nr. 3295

mary is not the one who likes fashion and designers :D

It has to do with the media code that the Crownprince and his wife have agreed upon with the media. It isn't censorship perse as the press is free to break the code, but if they do they won't be invited to photosessions. Thats all. The main reason is to protect their daughters, which is rather understandable. I think they did the same thing for Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene + family.

As saifd, the press is free to break the rule, it is completely volontairy, but they tend to stick to it.

maxima visiting valentino, her wedding dress desinger

valentino scaneed from Hola magazine nr. 3295

mary is not the one who likes fashion and designers :D

True, and she is posing next to her wedding gown, so....

I'd love fashion too just as much if I had access to the world's best designers! Can't fault any girl for that! Not only that but, if you have most of the world looking at you, you really want to look your best and the top designers really can do that for you!

It has to do with the media code that the Crownprince and his wife have agreed upon with the media. It isn't censorship perse as the press is free to break the code, but if they do they won't be invited to photosessions. Thats all. The main reason is to protect their daughters, which is rather understandable. I think they did the same thing for Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene + family.

As saifd, the press is free to break the rule, it is completely volontairy, but they tend to stick to it.

I agree, after all they are normal people and their children should come first. Too bad for us because we can't see enough pictures of them. Are all the other members of the Royal family also under this code?

code

I guess Maxima wants the press when its useful to her
Nonsense, it was not a solo-act on her behalf. See the other posts.

The mediacode applies strangely enough to the entire family. I can understand it for the children of Maxima & WA and Constantijn & Laurentien. I can even understand it for WA and Maxima themselves in these times of camera-phones etc. But I do not think it should apply to for instance Friso or the children of Margriet and their wives. I don't see any reason for that.

Thanks for the scan of Maxima & Valentino!!

I think they applied it to the rest of the family when a magazine published pictures of Princess Marilene breastfeading Felicia in a garden. They did one photoshoot for the press too, which made the covers (they are popular with the boulevard press then Friso or Constantijn and wives).

nice

Must be a short visit for the princess since this weekend she will have at least one official task.

(As for Maurits/Marilene: they seem to love the attention of the gossippress a tad too much imho. Except of course for the times where Maurits goes out partying without Marilene :ROFLMAO: )

Very nice outfit. It was interesting to see her talk in sign language to them. Thanks for the links!

mediacode

The mediacode isn't free. When journalists publish photographs of private moment, they will be prosecued by law. the sanction is a very high amount to pay to a charity organisation which the royals choose.

The mediacode isn't free. When journalists publish photographs of private moment, they will be prosecued by law. the sanction is a very high amount to pay to a charity organisation which the royals choose.

Thank you konan for this information.
So charity organisations will be very glad if journalists publish photos of private moments :rolleyes: Weird procedure, imo.

You are right konan, they can be dragged to court as happened with Prive in 2006. They had to pay 3000 euros. Magazine Party published pictures of Maxima and her two eldest girls at the beach. They offered apologies, as did television programme blauw bloed for showing a private moment of Amalia on het Loo. They both weren´t prosecuted as the RF accepted the apologies.

It might be a remarkable procedure but it is based on the court ruling of Princess Caroline of Hannover against some German boulevard magazines. The European Court ruled that the publishing of pictures was not in complience with the European privacy laws, hence the magazines could get a fine. So it is legal at least, but not very common, though I fear more RF might follow the Dutch example. Not all of them will though, as it might be negative PR and those paparazzi pics might cause goodwill among the public.

Máxima today:

HILVERSUM - Prinses Maxima wordt begroet door H.C.J.L. Borghouts, Commissaris van de Koningin in de provincie Noord-Holland en E.C. Bakker, burgemeester van Hilversum bij het gebouw Beeld en Geluid in het Mediapark. Prinses Maxima woont woensdagmiddag in Hilversum het jubileumcongres Van ik naar wij bij ter gelegenheid van het 40-jarig bestaan van de Stichting Ideele Reclame (SIRE). Zij krijgt het jubileumboek van 40 jaar SIRE overhandigd

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

ANP

Máxima looked pretty today! I like the color of her dress.. it suits her very well. The flower is quite lovely.
I also like her hair pulled back.. it doesn't look messy like it often does when she wear it open. ;)

Maxima looks terrific! Sometimes I really don't care what she is wearing because you just get lost in those eyes and that smile, so vibrant & lively! Although I will say that I liked the color she was wearing today on her very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom