Princess Christina and Family, Current Events Part 1: March 2003 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gustaf and Vicky Magnuson at the Operakällaren Foundation's charity banquet on 5th September.
http://cdn.finest.se/wp-content/uploads/1473152375-766.jpg
http://cdn.stureplan.se/2012/imagereportage/79751/standard/6.jpg
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010030011K14732200842203884
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010030021K14732200842203884
Vicky
http://cdn.finest.se/wp-content/uploads/1473152205-766.jpg

Operakällaren Foundation organizes annually charity event with a seminar, golf, banquet and auction. All proceeds go to Unicef and their work with water projects in Africa. Operakällaren Foundation has so far collected 22,5 million SEK to Unicef.

Last edited:
Princess Christina delivered the Prize International Swede of the Year 2016 to the diplomat Staffan de Mistura, United Nations and Arab League Envoy to Syria at a ceremony on 24th August at Grand Hôtel. Since 1988, the organization Swedes Worldwide (Svenskar i Världen) annually honors a Swede for accomplishment to promote eminent actions to market Sweden internationally in culture, commerce, science, sports, and the humanitarian field.
Photos from the Facebook of Svenskar i Världen
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=061df76dfa005ff5d9a4410ddbb93f8a&oe=58A8127B
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14086446_1089737677768430_5014597188560584020_o.jpg
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14125726_1089747047767493_6430940343275890230_o.jpg

Very sad news from the Court today. Princess Christina is suffering from leukemia (blood cancer), and will cut down significantly on her official engagements during the fall. She will undergo treatments during this fall, but is feeling relatively well at this point. Princess Christina and her family hope that media and people around them understand the situation, and that they will allow her to undergo treatment in peace and quiet.

I hope we get more - and hopefully also better - news later on.

Prinsessan Christina drar ner på sina officiella åtaganden - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
What sad news. I hope for her that she will soon recover and she won't suffer much. She is such a great and lovely lady.

Very sad indeed :( She has been through a lot...

I pray that her doctors will treat her with success (the illness is chronic but not neccesarily life-shortening) and send all my love to the Princess and the Magnuson family.

Last edited:
How terribly sad,I've always been very fond of Princess Christina and wish her the very best in treatments and recovery.

It is indeed very sad to hear, and wish her a speedy recovery. It is not many years, six or so, since she suffered from breast cancer.

Sorry to read this, I hope it has been taken early !

Daniel said to local newspaper Norran in Skellefteå (where he is today with Prince Daniel Fellowship):
- It's incredibly sad, and all who have been affected by a disease themselves or their loved one then you know that it is incredibly hard and difficult. We'll keep our fingers crossed for her to become healthy.
TV_ Prins Daniel om cancerbeskedet ”Det är otroligt sorgligt” – Norran, Skellefteå

A lot of nice photos of princess Christina during the years in this article
Prinsessan Christina Fru Magnusson har drabbats av kronisk blodcancer _ Kungligt

Last edited:
Let's hope she will recover soon.
Good luck!

Awful news. :sad: I hope she will recover fully. Two cancers is just too awful for one person when even one is horrible enough.

This is bitter :/ Wishing her that she overcomes this like breast cancer!

Oh, that's sad news. I don't know much about Princess Christina so I didn't realise that she has already won a battle with breast cancer. Hopefully she can win her battle with leukaemia, too. It must be incredibly tough for her, especially considering that she's gone through this before.

Last edited:
Foundation Ulriksdal Palace Theatre (Ulriksdals Slottsteater) conducts operations at Sweden's oldest Rococo theater Confidencen. Fredrik Forslund has been active in the theater as a producer since 2006 and is now set by the Board as the CEO of the Foundation Ulriksdal Palace Theatre.
Princess Christina, mrs Magnuson, Chairman of the Board of the Foundation Ulriksdal Palace Theatre:
- Fredrik has in recent years led a large part of the daily work. We are confident that he has the right skills and vision to lead the theater forward. Fredrik has great knowledge of the performing arts and a lot of energy to continue developing Confidencen as a historical heritage where you can experience opera in the 1700s. Confidencen carries a big cultural heritage, with a unique setting and history since 1753. The theater is actively working that stage art should be accessible to more people, and to protect Confidencen's historical heritage into the future. A work that Fredrik will continue.
Former CEO Per Arthur Segerström is since May 2016, the new chairman of Rediviva, the Friends of theatre Confidencen, with Kjerstin Dellert as Honorary Chairman.
- Per Arthur Segerström, together with Nils-Åke Häggbom led the theater for a long time and I and the board with me, are very grateful about that. We can not thank enough for the incredible voluntary work they have done for many years. They along with Kjerstin Dellert been the driving force in the theater, and without them we would not have reached where we are today, says Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson.
Fredrik Forslund ny VD för Stiftelsen Ulriksdals Slottsteater - Kulturdirekt

Last edited:
When queen Silvia arrived to the board meeting of Foundation Silviahemmet, she told about princess Christina to Svensk Damtidning:
- She must take it a little slowly and it is obvious that she can't attend at the Nobel events with all the people and bacillus. But I must say that she is fine.
How the queen supports princess Christina?
- I spoke to her recently and she feels good. But it is clear that it is not easy and she has to take it easy. There are many who can identify with that situation.

Besides king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia, also princess Christina and Tord Magnuson attended yesterday opening of the Royal College of Music's new campus. Princess Christina is a member of the Royal College of Music's Advisory Group.
Princess Christina told to Expressen that she is feeling decently, given the circumstances.
Would the Princess tell us more about how the treatment goes?
- No, I don't want to go into it in more detail. But I still go on treatment and continue with it.
The support of the royal family means a lot during the period of illness, says Princess Christina.
- I get the support of my immediate family, of course. It feels good. I also get support from friends and from many others I don't even know.
What all the support has meant to the princess?
- It warms the heart and it feels wonderful. I need it.
During the evening she attended at the inauguration of the new premises of the Royal College of Music received.
- This means a lot. There are other music schools, but this is the oldest and perhaps the most significant. Many of our great musicians have been here. So there is a wide range here.
Princess Christina has been part of the advisory group that has worked that the new campus will be as good as possible.
- It has been a widely diverse group of people who are engaged in music and music education, but also with good contacts in the business world and with people who are interested in helping the training that goes on here.
Prinsessan Christina tackar för stödet efter cancerbeskedet _ Kungligt _ Expressen

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPw1okJAeNz/?taken-by=expressenkungligt

Last edited:
Tord Magnuson commented the death of count Carl Adam "Noppe" Lewenhaupt to Svensk Damtidning. Tord knew the king's close friend well.
- It's very sad. A fun, caring and significant person has left us. We met both at everyday life and at parties and he was always extremely warm. Incredibly sad.
Tord Magnuson om chockbeskedet _ Svensk Damtidning

Tord Magnuson is the chairman of the Board of Interpeace Sweden, which organized on Tuesday Stockholm Peace Talks together with the City of Stockholm.
Tord sat beside Victoria at the event, delivered flowers to the music performers at the event, and was interviewed in the end of the event. He thanked everyone who has helped to organize the event.
Photo of Tord with some of the speakers and host Alexandra Pascalidou
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Being interviewed

Tord's daughter-in-law Vicky Andrén Magnuson attended at the event too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom