Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange, Fashion & Style Part 1: December 2021-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved her outfit!!Made a statement.Good.She loves tiara´s but dislikes frumpy cloth.Refreshing.

I agree with the majority, it looks like a pajama and it is so buggy ! But I think it had be chosen this so to make her to look thinner or tohide her curves. I love the clutch and I like her nails, may be too much make up? but I am glad she is free to do so. The other girls look lovely and all of them have a wonderful hair colour and style. Wonder what is the brands of all outfits?

Last edited:
:previous:

I like the cape part of the dress, makes it look regal and grown-up:

** Full view **

Princess Catharina-Amalia wonderful. The dress is very beautiful.

Last edited:
She looks wonderful. And that is some necklace she has on also.

I guess I´m in minority but I don't like this look, she looks a bit "dressed up" in my opinion. I hope she enjoyed her debut.

One of the best dressed of the night for me!!! She looked amazing!!

That color on C-A is simply divine, it's perfect.

I just wish she had worn her hair up like all the other young princesses

The style she is wearing looks rather mundane for the occasion, imo.

I guess I´m in minority but I don't like this look, she looks a bit "dressed up" in my opinion. I hope she enjoyed her debut.

I agree with you. Obviously she is young and still finding her style, but this dress ages her several decades and looks matronly on such a young girl & is not flattering for her shape. The hair doesn't help either, the tiara almost disappears. A pity but she will have many opportunities to develop her own style.

The dress is apparently available for less than 1000 Euros, from Marchesa Notte.

https://www.net-a-porter.com/en-nl/...owns/cape-effect-crepe-gown/36856120585433922

Last edited:
The hair should have been up. It’s glorious hair but gowns and Tiaras need up do’s.

The Princess of Orange looked really lovely but should have styled her hair in an updo it let the look down slightly.

The colour works well on her but like many things she wears, this dress tends to age her a bit. One would hardly believe she's just an 18 year old girl making her debut.

She is almost as tall as her father and King Felipe and has a firm body type. I can imagine she makes different choices but for so far she is a bit beatrixian in going her own way.

What a perfect choice for her. Women of that age group can look older or younger than their years.

The colour works well on her but like many things she wears, this dress tends to age her a bit. One would hardly believe she's just an 18 year old girl making her debut.

Agreed. I love the color. Just beautiful on her. But the style ages her a bit. It really stands out in the photo with all the other future monarchs. And it looks like it’s for a different occasion than the other girls.

I thought C-A looked beautiful. The colour really made the gown as it gave her face an enviable warmth and the style suited her height and body shape in a very flattering way. I certainly don't agree that it added a decade to her, although it did accentuate the ingenue style of the other girls.

I would imagine that having selected the tiara, hairstyles were trialled wearing the gown and the hair-down decision felt best for C-A and, let's face it, she's the one wearing it.

That's a lovely gown and will age well. The design is indeed a bit mature for her but the colour saves it. Minor complaint is that I would prefer a updo or simply a ponytail as her hair hides the gown and necklace, but it seems she prefers wearing her hair down and it makes her feel comfortable.

Last edited:
While I typically prefer hair to be worn up with a tiara, I think it worked this time. I wonder whether she would also look much harsher with her hair up instead of down and, thus, preferred wearing it down to keep this softer (but poised) image that she seems to cultivate.

I really hope the Princess will be as inventive with her fabulously lush hairdo as the Swedes. Yesterday's combination, while in the video images the stars absolutely beautifully trembled and sparkled, was no success. This diadem is really best to be worn with a bouffante hairdo as a "backdrop". But was only the first time. We will see her in so many more jewels and hopefully in so many more hairdoes.

Well, she has a round full face and seems to think that open long hair will stretch it a bit.
Haven' t seen her with an updo so far and I think this is the reason.
She might keep this hairstyle for years.

Well, she has a round full face and seems to think that open long hair will stretch it a bit.

Haven' t seen her with an updo so far and I think this is the reason.

She might keep this hairstyle for years.

I agree. Her fAce is round like her father and she has her mother’s statuesque build. The long hair and lines of the cape give her a slimmer look.

She was one of my best dressed from last night.

I agree with you. Obviously she is young and still finding her style, but this dress ages her several decades and looks matronly on such a young girl & is not flattering for her shape. The hair doesn't help either, the tiara almost disappears. A pity but she will have many opportunities to develop her own style.

The dress is apparently available for less than 1000 Euros, from Marchesa Notte.

https://www.net-a-porter.com/en-nl/...owns/cape-effect-crepe-gown/36856120585433922

Its seems Natan has Amalia in his clutches :yuk::eek::eek::eek:

https://www-modekoninginmaxima-nl.t...uto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Most of the things she wears age her and make her look twenty years older than she is. I see a mini-Queen Wilhelmina in her....

I actually loved the hair down. To me, it said a young Princess just beginning her lifelong journey, and it looked good with that particular tiara. The dress style was conservative; I think it needed less formal hair.

Or perhaps I'm just jealous of her hair.

I loved the dress color as well. I very much hope we see her in a tiara again soon.

I really hope the Princess will be as inventive with her fabulously lush hairdo as the Swedes. Yesterday's combination, while in the video images the stars absolutely beautifully trembled and sparkled, was no success. This diadem is really best to be worn with a bouffante hairdo as a "backdrop". But was only the first time. We will see her in so many more jewels and hopefully in so many more hairdoes.

It wasn't shown to advantage last night but C-A has one of the great heads of hair in Royal Europe.

Along with Leonor of Spain, the best in her generation of the young Princesses

Back
Top Bottom