Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange, Fashion & Style Part 1: December 2021-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Women and girls with statuesque builds…

Most of the things she wears age her and make her look twenty years older than she is. I see a mini-Queen Wilhelmina in her....

… would love to wear décolletage and spaghetti straps. But they mostly work with the clothing that suits their figures.

She's a beautiful young woman but the fact just is that she has a difficult body type for today's fashions for her age group. Much of what she wears, including this dress for the photoshoot, age her. But again, today's trendy fashions for her age group wouldn't really work well with her frame or her body type. I get the sense that she's a bit uncomfortable and shy and uses her hair as a bit of a shield. While she's got lovely hair it would look beautiful in a half up half down style that would allow it to be out of her face a bit more.

But her youngest sister Ariane has basically the same body type and wears short things with abandon, as seen. Plus there's at least one quote from Amalia somewhere about how she is fine with the way she looks. I think Amalia is self-conscious about her position, not her shape, and never wants to project frivolity or immaturity.

Isn't that the same dress she wore in Oslo for the private party?

She's a beautiful young woman but the fact just is that she has a difficult body type for today's fashions for her age group. Much of what she wears, including this dress for the photoshoot, age her. But again, today's trendy fashions for her age group wouldn't really work well with her frame or her body type. I get the sense that she's a bit uncomfortable and shy and uses her hair as a bit of a shield. While she's got lovely hair it would look beautiful in a half up half down style that would allow it to be out of her face a bit more.

She doesn´t have a difficult bodytype,she has the Orange bodytype and I never saw that as difficult.Difficult is what´s between other peoples ears.

But her youngest sister Ariane has basically the same body type and wears short things with abandon, as seen. Plus there's at least one quote from Amalia somewhere about how she is fine with the way she looks. I think Amalia is self-conscious about her position, not her shape, and never wants to project frivolity or immaturity.

Isn't that the same dress she wore in Oslo for the private party?
Yes, it is and I think she look great in it, it really suits her and think its the most age appropriate thing she has worn recently.

It is indeed the same Diane von Furstenberg dress as the Princess wore in Oslo. It looks lovely on her IMO.

Great dress for the photocall and still on-trend for her age.

A beautiful picture of the Royal Family. I love each dress and the ladies look lovely. Oh the King looks great too!

It is indeed the same Diane von Furstenberg dress as the Princess wore in Oslo. It looks lovely on her IMO.

It does doesn´t it!!All 4 ladies look beautifull IMHO.
Oh it will be a heartbreak hotel one day at Huis ten Bosch...

She doesn´t have a difficult bodytype,she has the Orange bodytype and I never saw that as difficult.Difficult is what´s between other peoples ears.

So so agree with you:)

Princess Amalia looks fine in her Diane von Furstenberg Dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Princess of Orange looked lovely but I'd like to see her hair back off her face ,it seems to be the same dangly hairstyle all the time.

Generally I don't like her style as I think she dresses much older than her age and this already the last 4 or 5 years. On the other side it might be an expected syndrome of teens especially in her position, trying to look older and thus more serious. It will change in a few years.

Sent from my SM-A426B using The Royals Community mobile app

Prinsjesdag requires a very specific dresscode, including a long dress and a hat. My guess is that Amalia will pick a fascinator (for her first engagement requiring a head piece) rather than a hat. What ate your thoughts?

Will she be at Prinjesdag this year?
My guess is that she will wear the red fascinator her mother wore to her first Prinjesdag. The mother-daughter duo seem to be sentimental like that.

I love Amalia's style. Her dresses are elegant and in keeping with her position. She is right not to wear the current fashions. Her dresses never go out of style and she looks fantastic.

Will she be at Prinjesdag this year?
My guess is that she will wear the red fascinator her mother wore to her first Prinjesdag. The mother-daughter duo seem to be sentimental like that.
Yes, she will as she turned 18 last year. Her sisters will also start joining after they turned 18. So, next year we may expect both Amalia and Alexia.

The ongoing weight discussion has been removed according to the TRF rules. Please discuss fashion choices only, thank you!

I think the pink dress it is appropiete for her, it make her to look regal and elegant . I dont think a dress with a cut in the weist would favor her, I thik this is a smart choice for her

I like the sneakers. They make the outfit more casual and youthful enough for her.

It's also nice to see Amalia with what looks like slightly lighter makeup.

I like the sneakers. They make the outfit more casual and youthful enough for her.

It's also nice to see Amalia with what looks like slightly lighter makeup.

Yes, somehow looking younger and better for it. Dressing for her age.

Looks like an appropriate outfit for your first day at university but that bag?! It seems to be a linen bag (with a red logo on it). That doesn't seem practical at all.

I really love this look on Princess Amalia. It is her natural look, her choice of clothes. My favorite picture is her walking away, turning and waving. A beautiful lady. Enjoy your school year!

Amalia looks so nice like that (even though she's sitting down and behind a table marker). Silver is a good color for her, although that dress seems to me to cry for some kind of necklace (even though she's got pretty spectacular earrings on).

Back
Top Bottom