Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
krone1 said:
Hi
Im sorry, so Alex got a new house and her own money, Im sick of paying tax to keep these royals running around, yeah i really am. If the prince get a new wife then i have to pay for her too. No other dysfunctional familie get benefits im these propertions. Fair play if the worked hard for their money but they don't, all they do is go to openings and cut a string. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH
Then vote for republic party so you won't have to pay tax for these extravagants. You do vote, don't you? then, you have a say.

I understand your sentiments, Krone1. You are probably not opposing to a monarchy system, but if every time these not doing much royals screw up, the goverment has to pick up the pieces, then it is outrageous. I still think the best approach is for the divorce to be private, joachim pays everything accordingly since this is his marriage agreement. Then, if the denish govnm. values alexandra's work, then she can be employed by the organizations she used to work for or even run for a political office if she wants to. The questionable ethic lies here in what should be delt with privately becoming a public arrangement. This sounds fishy in any way you think. I wonder if joachim is running out of money and ask for a handout instead (no matter that is from his mother or goverment). Divorce is costly he should know better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Princess Alexandra still have royal duties? So far it seems so...and who has custody over the children?

Hi Lori
Yes i bet he is running out of money. And I do wote. And it will still cost the Danish tax paying person more each year. It was Joakims wife, its his divorce too, he sort it out.

hillary_nugent said:
Will Princess Alexandra still have royal duties? So far it seems so...and who has custody over the children?

Princess Alexandra will still have royal duties for the separation period, and she will still do most of the same work after the divorce comes through.

They have joint custody of the children, I believe.

Princess Alexandra at Quality Hotel in Sonderborg (DK) after she opened the annual national meeting of 'LEV', a danish organisation to help sidabled people.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 384
  • 43345 copy.jpg
    43345 copy.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 462
  • 76575 copy.jpg
    76575 copy.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 478
  • 435345 copy.jpg
    435345 copy.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 399
  • 2342342 copy.jpg
    2342342 copy.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 349
Actually, in Denmark we don't have much of a say, when it comes to the monarchy, since none of our parties are against the monarchy. I'm not against the monarchy, but I would like to point out, that at the moment I don't have a say wheter I vote or not.

Oh, and may Alexandra and the boys be very happy.

lori said:
Then vote for republic party so you won't have to pay tax for these extravagants. You do vote, don't you? then, you have a say.

MarieLouise said:
Actually, in Denmark we don't have much of a say, when it comes to the monarchy, since none of our parties are against the monarchy. I'm not against the monarchy, but I would like to point out, that at the moment I don't have a say wheter I vote or not.
I don't think, I quite agree with you on this, MarieLouise :) The left wing partys "Enhedslisten" and "SF" are both republic. Enhedslisten didn't participate in the pre-wedding reception for Mary and Frederik at Folketinget, and at the opening of Folketinget this Tuesday we will see, that Endhedslisten refuse to rice, when the Queen enters the room.

But, these days political views against the monarchy don't have much support among the voters, so you are right, there is really no polical debate on the monarchy. But only 30 years ago, the Social Democratic Prime minister Jens Otto Krag were really open about his views against the monarchy.

But I guess, this is quite O/T in this thread ;)

Thank you for posting the lovely pics, Sharon :)

Aw, it's always sweet when Alexandra gets flowers from little boys/girls. I find that she sometimes looks wistful when seeing the little girls. :(
It's good that she has the boys and her family in Denmark to support her in this difficult time. She seems more royal/loyal/responsible/mature than Joachim will ever be. (Sorry, I'm assuming. :p)

Princess Alexandra's New Life

Mandy said:
Alexandra has worked hard and diligently for nine years for Denmark with Joachim. I think it is only fair that she receives recognition and compensation for her efforts. I also think she is entitled to a settlement like anyone else going through divorce proceedings. The government allowance serves the purpose.

I believe that since she is pursuing her many royal duties, she is earning her allowance.
I agree! Alexandra has worked very hard and she can't leave Denmark since that was part of the agreement that she signed when she married. I think she is getting what she deserves. She is also very much loved in Denmark.

Princess Alexandra at Work

While Prince Joachim was frolicking in the fields Princess Alexandra was opening the LEV annual national meeting in Sonderborg accompanied by her Lady In Waiting Christine Lyng (third photo)...........

Attachments

• Princess Alexandra open LEV annual naitonal meeting.jpg
    Princess Alexandra open LEV annual naitonal meeting.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Princess Alexandra speaking to a member of the audience at the LEV annual national meeting.jpg
    Princess Alexandra speaking to a member of the audience at the LEV annual national meeting.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 252
  • Princess Alexandra Lady in Waiting Christine Lyng leaving Quality Hotel in Sonderborg 10-02-04.jpg
    Princess Alexandra Lady in Waiting Christine Lyng leaving Quality Hotel in Sonderborg 10-02-04.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 280
norwegianne said:
Princess Alexandra will still have royal duties for the separation period, and she will still do most of the same work after the divorce comes through.

They have joint custody of the children, I believe.
Thanks for ansering norwegianne...

hm...what exactly do they mean by joint though? does Alexandra have the children for half of the year and then Joachim for the rest?? Who do they live with?

Krone1, I think denmark is creating new rule to fit new situation that is good but it also creates precedence that would have a mushroom effect later on. If RF claim divorce is private why do they drag government into it? a question, when they get marry, they need the permission, likewise, when they divorce, do they need permission too? Tricky, tricky!

I think it was prince Frederick who kissed cheek by cheek by Alex, not prince Joachim I recognise his hair and same suit from the second photo (Frederik and mary)

galuhcandrakirana said:
I think it was prince Frederick who kissed cheek by cheek by Alex, not prince Joachim I recognise his hair and same suit from the second photo (Frederik and mary)
Yes, it's Frederik who kissed her ... not Joachim ;)

kil said:
At both BT and most of the other danish newspapers, they write that Joachim and Alexandra also kissed each other on the cheeks. Their arepictures, but i can't seem to get a link to work, so you will have to go see for yourself.

Will whe still make appearances w/ the royal family like she did at Parliament? ANd what happens if Joachim remarries?

Reina said:
Will whe still make appearances w/ the royal family like she did at Parliament? ANd what happens if Joachim remarries?
I don't think anyone knows for sure what will happen in the future. I don't think Joachim will remarry for a long time yet, and by that time, things should be a little bit clearer.

Personally, I think Alexandra will continue doing her official duties, and I can't see this changing much, especially since she's the mother two the 3rd and 4th in line to the throne. For some reason, I think the DRF will continue to ask Alex to join them, just as they asked Alex to live at Amalienborg. I think though that it will be Alex's decision whether she wants to or not. The latest outing with the rest of the family at the opening of Parliament wasn't one of the most relaxed ever for all of them (although I think this has more to do with the separation and nothing to do with Alex being there - does that make sense?).

If Joachim remarries... gosh, that lady will have a tough time. She'll face the "Alexandra is better" talk that Mary had to face, except 1000x worse! But things may change by the time that happens.

In any case, I don't think Joachim is in a rush to replace Alex!!! I don't think that's the reason for the separation. I tend to think that when Frederik and Mary have their kids, then the focus will be on them, and perhaps less on Joachim/Alexandra/their kids/Joachim's new wife (if and when he gets one).... in much the same way that there's a lot less focus on Pss Benedikte and her family.

Looking at the pics from the link above just gives some hope that there might some reconcile....maybe they will stay together....*fingers crossed*

kil said:

Yes I thought too that is was Frederik, but I saw some other pictures just yesterday in Denmark, And it was Joakim for SURE

Joachim also kissed Alex on the cheek, but the picture that Hello showed (purporting to show Joachim kissing Alex) was actually of Frederik.

What's going on with Princess Alexandra? She seems to be out of the spotlight for more than week.

After the divorce announcement she was quite busy with royal duties and now its like she's dropped off the face of the earth. Mary is recuperating from her operation, Henrik and Frederik are in St. Tropez sailing ... so only Margrethe and Joachim are out and about performing royal duties?

Not exactly, Prince Henrik and Crown Prince Frederik are back from the regatta and are now back carrying out engagements.

Princess Alexandra, her parents, and her two boys are currently vacationing in Greece. Her next engagement is scheduled to be on Oct. 27th.

Prinsesse Alexandra åbnede onsdag en stor velgørenhedsauktion på Hotel D'Angleterre, København. Auktionen er en del af årets "Sæt fokus på brystkræft"-kampagne i oktober. Overskuddet fra auktionen går ubeskåret til et bestemt brystkræftforskningsprojekt, DCTB, i Kræftens Bekæmpelse. Blandt tingene man kunne byde på var: En far-og -søn -dag med Preben Elkjær, et mor-og-datter-møde med Sofie Lassen-Kahlke og en luksusweekend for to på Mallorca.
www.polfoto.dk

I believe Princess Alexandra is seen here at the Hotel D'Angleterre for an auction supporting breast cancer research??? Also something about going to Majorca with Sofie Lassen-Kahlke (pictured with her) this weekend??? My Danish is less than perfect! :eek:

www.polfoto.dk

Attachments

• Pic_1.jpg
    Pic_1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,356
  • ch123957_guest.jpg
    ch123957_guest.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 392
  • ch123958_guest.jpg
    ch123958_guest.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 430
  • ch123959_guest.jpg
    ch123959_guest.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 514
Last edited by a moderator:
Julia said:
Prinsesse Alexandra åbnede onsdag en stor velgørenhedsauktion på Hotel D'Angleterre, København. Auktionen er en del af årets "Sæt fokus på brystkræft"-kampagne i oktober. Overskuddet fra auktionen går ubeskåret til et bestemt brystkræftforskningsprojekt, DCTB, i Kræftens Bekæmpelse. Blandt tingene man kunne byde på var: En far-og -søn -dag med Preben Elkjær, et mor-og-datter-møde med Sofie Lassen-Kahlke og en luksusweekend for to på Mallorca.
www.polfoto.dk
I think it says among other things Princess Alexandra opened a large auction at the Hotel D'Angleteere in Copenhagen. That the auction was part of this years focus on breast cancer campain in Octobe and some of the things you could bid on were a father and son day with Preben ElkjÆr and a mather/daughter lunch with Sofie Lassen Kahleke as well as a weekend for two in Mallorca.

Of course, I speak rusty norwegian, so I am not sure this is 100% either.

Thanks for the pictures. I was wrong in the last statement of my previous message...incidentally I posted about today's engagement at another forum so I knew her next engagement was scheduled to be today;)

Thanks for the pictures Julia and thanks for the translation lutefisk7. Alexandra looks lovely as usual.

More pictures from Greece

More pictures available at the website of the English Hello (I got the tip from reading posts by Viki at GREMB)

alexandra-dop1a.jpg

The Danish princess escaped the spotlight back home, taking sons Nikolai and Felix on an early autumn jaunt to the Greek isles

alexandra-dop2a.jpg

Accompanying the young family on the trip were Alexandra's mum and dad, Richard and Christa Manley. Above, Nikolai plays with his grandparents

alexandra-dop3a.jpg

Alexandra holds Felix in her arms during a stroll on the island of Paros

alexandra-dop4a.jpg

With windswept hair and little makeup, the princess could have been any young mum on holiday

Wow...she obviously loves her children heaps...she must be a wonderful mother ^___^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom