Prince William Current Events 12: December 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kpusa1981 said:
Edward was a 2nd Lt. I believe that he would have Lt if he had completed the Green Baret training. He had entered through a university scheme which ment that he had to stayed in for 5 years.
I never thought that Prince William would drop out of training.

The Earl of Wessex spent three years in the Royal Marines as a University Cadet but, after graduating from Cambridge, decided to leave to pursue a career in theatrical production.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page5589.asp

Not as an officer, I think he left before completing the course.

Oppie said:
I really can't think of anyone that can't accept that he didn't get the award. I think it would be safe to say that most people don't care.

Seems to me that there are quite a few 'conspiracy' theories appearing on here, suggesting that the whole episode was made up! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went back to read the orginally stories and the first one in the thread was about William and Harry getting the Order of the Garter (I guess we missed pictures)

No to be honest (maybe I am having trouble expressing myself, I have an odd language problem) this isn't about the gun, in fact in checking it hasn't been mentioned after a week after the incident (they moved back to engagment stories) until the last couple of weeks, this about the media doing such a bad job reporting on royals that I am just happy if names get spelled right (and even that is a problem). I said that the gun story might not have happened in the context of engagment rumours. I simply don't trust the media enough to say if A and B happen then that means an engagment is happening because I don't have enough faith that they reported A and B correctly in the first place.

Oppie said:
No to be honest (maybe I am having trouble expressing myself, I have an odd language problem) this isn't about the gun, in fact in checking it hasn't been mentioned after a week after the incident (they moved back to engagment stories) until the last couple of weeks, this about the media doing such a bad job reporting on royals that I am just happy if names get spelled right (and even that is a problem). I said that the gun story might not have happened in the context of engagment rumours. I simply don't trust the media enough to say if A and B happen then that means an engagment is happening because I don't have enough faith that they reported A and B correctly in the first place.

Sorry Oppie, My remark wasn't exactly targeted at anyone. :flowers: The press here seemed to be 'covering up' or at the very least, ignoring the story about the machine gun, with the 'hot news' that they think William is going to get engaged.

I have absolutely no faith in the media getting anything right, being fair or any of the other things we should be able to expect. They had a few years of persuading the public to think their way and now they seem to think they are all powerful! It amazes me to see how they can alter, with the use of a comma or a pause, anything! :bang:

I must say that William's record at Sandhurst isn't particularly good. He sounds a bit clumsy unlike his brother who seems to be doing extremely well.

Jo of Palatine said:
No, I'm not insulting the young officer - I know that she must be very, very good, especially as she is to join the Royal engineers which are very reknown for the high level of expertise they provide to the military.

Angela Laycock has a Master's Degree in Civil, Structural & Environmental Engineering from Cambridge. I think the Royal Engineers are lucky to have her.:flowers:

This young woman is a high achiever in many ways. A bit more about her here:

http://www.modoracle.com/?page=http://www.modoracle.com/news/detail.h2f?id=12183&refresh=52697E01-BA27-4BD7-97B67D1E32D6C6BE

William and Harry have announced the details of the concert and church service they have arranged to mark the anniversary of their mothers death and what would have been her birthday.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/12122006/356/concert-service-mark-diana-s-death.html

Prince William and Prince Harry announce memorial service and concert to commemorate and celebrate their mother’s life

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/newsandgallery/news/prince_william_and_prince_harry_announce_memorial_service_an_262522807.html

the link to the video is also here

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2500539,00.html

Last edited:
Last edited:
I just watched the interview with William & Harry about the concert. It sounds like the princes are getting very involved with it, and they seem very genuinely excited about it. I think Diana would love the way they're doing the concert, and she'd definitely be proud of her boys. :D

Skydragon said:
There were in the end, after all the exams, accomplishments and errors were taken into consideration, 7 serious contenders for the honour. We do not even know with any certainty, that William was a serious contender after the machine gun incident.
RMAS would not, IMO, have made their decision on anything other than the ability of the cadet. :flowers:

Skydragon,

It was reported that Prince William did indeed make the Short List of 7 contenders, which in and of itself is an honour. Because of the incident where he did not keep up with a gun that he signed out, he did not earn the award, which as we all know was the only fair decision to make. :flowers:

politikgirl said:
I just watched the interview with William & Harry about the concert. It sounds like the princes are getting very involved with it, and they seem very genuinely excited about it. I think Diana would love the way they're doing the concert, and she'd definitely be proud of her boys. :D
yes, I agree with you,diana sure would very happy with this.

william will graduate in deember 15?

Relation between Harry and William

Don´t know if there´s a thread to discuss this. But when they published part of the interview in German TV there was one situation where Harry talked and William listened and kept turning his head in Harry´s direction: I had the strange feeling that he dislikes Harry genereally. His facial impression said that to me...

Could that have been the part where Harry says that if people want tickets they should call William's cell phone ?, if it was I think Harry was joking and it took William a moment to catch on because he repeated the joke and then told his brother to shut up. Good relationship they were joking, but I don't think that this was the easiest interview for them to do.

Oppie said:
Could that have been the part where Harry says that if people want tickets they should call William's cell phone ?, if it was I think Harry was joking and it took William a moment to catch on because he repeated the joke and then told his brother to shut up. Good relationship they were joking, but I don't think that this was the easiest interview for them to do.
Just thought to amuse you with this...

From:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=G5PCSJU0ABNOHQFIQMGCFGGAVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2006/12/14/ndiana214.xml

US puzzled by princes' English

Princes William and Harry were subtitled when a recorded interview with them talking about the concert in memory of their mother was shown on American television because station officials thought viewers would not understand what they were saying.
CBS used subtitles when the princes were asked how people could get tickets. William says: 'They have to be very good and ask Santa nicely.' Harry interrupts: 'Or ring his mobile.'
William responds: 'Harry, shut up!' CBS said: 'They speak so quickly.'

Are they serious :ohmy: :lol:

That's a bit of a worry.

Last edited:
TonyaR said:
Skydragon,

It was reported that Prince William did indeed make the Short List of 7 contenders, which in and of itself is an honour. Because of the incident where he did not keep up with a gun that he signed out, he did not earn the award, which as we all know was the only fair decision to make. :flowers:

I know it was 'reported', but, do we know if it was true! :lol:

William tomorrow on German TV

They broadcast his graduation from Sandhurst academy tomorrow at 11.30 a.m. German time on ZDF or ARD.

Jo of Palatine said:
Just thought to amuse you with this...

From:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=G5PCSJU0ABNOHQFIQMGCFGGAVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2006/12/14/ndiana214.xml

US puzzled by princes' English

Princes William and Harry were subtitled when a recorded interview with them talking about the concert in memory of their mother was shown on American television because station officials thought viewers would not understand what they were saying.
CBS used subtitles when the princes were asked how people could get tickets. William says: 'They have to be very good and ask Santa nicely.' Harry interrupts: 'Or ring his mobile.'
William responds: 'Harry, shut up!' CBS said: 'They speak so quickly.'

I had a little bit of a hard time understanding Harry, but thats because he seems to mumble.
Its not rare for American tv to use subtitles for English speaking people (American, British, whichever) if they seem to talk quietly or mumble a bit.

gabby_windsor said:
But isn't Kate working, in a job she only started a month ago. I don't think most employers would give a newbie time off to go watch one's boyfriends. But who knows.

I think that when one's boyfriend is the future king, and one's employer is a friend of one's family, one can probably get away with blue murder. :rolleyes:

Just saw the live report on Geman TV - while the commentators were not even able to identify the prince and Catherine Middleton respectively at first (LOL!) the pictures were nice. Kate BTW wore a hat with a heart on it as decoration....

Kate looked well, came across as being very friendly and I thought it was lovely her parents came along too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom