Prince William and Catherine Middleton: Church Service - April 29, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think it's shown on the video but I wondered if Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton bowed/curtseyed to the Queen after William and Catherine.

Yes, they did bow and curtseyed. There's a picture of them doing so if you google it. I can't post the link at the moment.

Great find Cyril! Can clearly see that Harry is performing his neck bow and we do get a glimpse of Pippa too.

TLLK and crm2317, You are both quite welcome. With Prince Henry near her, it is hard to see Philippa.
Imagine what thoughts that Catherine had when she and her father first stepped out of the car after its arrival to Westminster Abbey. All eyes were on her: a future Queen.

LONDON -- Tina Lannin, a professional lip reader who was born deaf, caught the private whispers during the royal wedding that television microphones couldn't capture.

Lannin, who has worked for 7 years as a forensic lip reader for police forces and media outlets with O'Malley Communications, picked out comments from Prince William, his bride and Queen Elizabeth II in a partial transcript. Her assessment couldn't be verified.Link

I'm fairly sure Harry said "Her dress looks just like her" to William after Harry turned around to see Catherine coming up the aisle.

I'm fairly sure Harry said "Her dress looks just like her" to William after Harry turned around to see Catherine coming up the aisle.

What does that mean? Pretty and bland? I think that sums up Kate's wedding dress and look. She realy had nothing special.. I don't think she even looked very happy and glowing...

Understated but completely current! I thought she brought an old look bang up to date, and wore it with complete ease and assurance. It was after all - next to giving birth to her children - the most momentous day of her life.

I was disappointed with her evening dress though; with the mohair mimi cardi, it looked more like First Communion than Bridal Wedding Day IMO.

Have just watched the wedding walk of Kate and Mike, thanks for posting! :)

It was on a Friday, and having just had a morning meeting cancelled at short notice the day before, I thought, to hell with it! I'll put in for a day's leave! Weather was fabulous too for a change in April in Ireland!

My manager, laughing as she accepted said "You're watching the wedding!"
Me, innocently, "Wedding? Maybe!" :)

The wedding was six years ago today. It was a classic wedding. It could have been grander, but it was good.

Hopefully the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have plenty more prosperous years ahead.

For me, it still doesn't feel like it was six years since the wedding - I still remember the day clearly. I hope William and Catherine had a lovely day today, happy anniversary to them.

The wedding was six years ago today. It was a classic wedding. It could have been grander, but it was good.

Hopefully the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have plenty more prosperous years ahead.

I respectfully disagree as I think the wedding was perfectly grand enough for a future king. It was at Westminster Abbey followed by a reception at Buckingham Palace and continental royal families as well as the BRF were in attendance - that's just what I'd expect from someone in William's position. Moreover, there was a lot of coverage worldwide on the wedding. Just out of genuine curiosity, what makes you think that it wasn't grand enough?

The wedding did seem rather toned down, compared to some in the past. Cars instead of carriages, for example. It was elegant but not lavish.

The cars were much better and I'm glad William and Kate had a tone of level headedness to their occasion. It was their wedding the start of their lives together, if people want fairytales go watch the Disney channel.

For me, it still doesn't feel like it was six years since the wedding - I still remember the day clearly. I hope William and Catherine had a lovely day today, happy anniversary to them.

Same here. I remember being in school and my reading teacher had had the crappy TV in our classroom, and she was freaking out, and I remember being distracted by the wedding and Catherine walking down the aisle, and seeing her dress and being amazed, and was so sad when I had to go to lunch, because I loved her wedding dress (didn't really know who anybody was, I was a kindergartener who preferred reading and Hannah Montana).

Golly gee. Time flies when you're enjoying yourself. It seems like yesterday I was settling in for an all night binge on all things to do with the royal wedding. Had TRF open in one window on the computer and live streaming in another window when it came on in the wee hours and also had the TV tuned in to the wedding. Hubby, who is master remote man in this house, knew better than to even suggest changing the channel and he actually watched the wedding with me.

Seven years has passed in a blink of an eye it seems and here I am, preparing to do the same thing yet again with another royal wedding in May.

Life is good. :D

Golly gee. Time flies when you're enjoying yourself. It seems like yesterday I was settling in for an all night binge on all things to do with the royal wedding. Had TRF open in one window on the computer and live streaming in another window when it came on in the wee hours and also had the TV tuned in to the wedding. Hubby, who is master remote man in this house, knew better than to even suggest changing the channel and he actually watched the wedding with me.

Seven years has passed in a blink of an eye it seems and here I am, preparing to do the same thing yet again with another royal wedding in May.

Life is good. :D
YOu have more stamina than me. I didn't intend to watch Will and Kate but was persuaded to give it a go. After about an hour of the pre wedding hoo ha, prior ot the service.. I couldn't stand it any more.. They drag it all out too much.

Her veil was made out of ivory silk. Hand cut flower lace appliqués were added to the edges of the veil.

Don't know if it was Chantilly Lace.

LaRae

The flowers were on the veil were hand embroidered by the royal school of needlework.

Now the lace aplique on the actual dress and underskirt was a mix of English lace and Chantilly lace.

Catherine arrived at Westminster Abbey by car accompanied by her father. She was the first royal bride to arrive by automobile since Princess Alexandra married Angus Ogilvy at Westminster Abbey in 1963.

Nearly three hours of the bells rang at Westminster Abbey on Prince William and Catherine's wedding day.

I'm in Oregon, USA so it was the middle of the night and I stayed up to watch it live. I've watched all the British weddings starting with Princess Margaret's in 1960. My mother's side of my family are/were British and I saw the earlier ones growing up.
If there's a televised wedding I'm here for it!

I'm in Oregon, USA so it was the middle of the night and I stayed up to watch it live. I've watched all the British weddings starting with Princess Margaret's in 1960. My mother's side of my family are/were British and I saw the earlier ones growing up.
If there's a televised wedding I'm here for it!

Car8007, Did you see Princess Margaret's wedding in black and white or in color?

Back
Top Bottom