Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever he visits the Cornwall or other parts of the Duchy of Cornwall he is referred to as The Duke of Cornwall and not the Prince of Wales - officially and unofficially.

So all visits to Cornwall will see him called The Duke of Cornwall - the title he has held the longest (along with Rothesay).

Not usually, no.
Unlike the title Duke of Rothesay (which is used whenever Prince Charles is in Scotland), the Duke of Cornwall title is rarely ever used bar from rare circumstances.
Okay, I thought that was what someone said the Daily Mail got wrong, that they called him the Duke of Cornwall. But it's not incorrect, just not normally how he is addressed, if I'm understanding it.
Or was there something else in the Mail's report?

Okay, I thought that was what someone said the Daily Mail got wrong, that they called him the Duke of Cornwall. But it's not incorrect, just not normally how he is addressed, if I'm understanding it.

You got it! :flowers:

My point was that I think it's funny that they got so used to call Camilla Duchess of Cornwall that now her husband is referred to as "duke of Cornwall" as well. Which he is, of course, but outside of Cornwall it just sounds strange. Or funny. :flowers:

Lovely! Given the appearance of the turquoises, Charles went with a distinctive touch of breast pocket handkerchief. ;)

I'm wondering at their choices there. Camilla looks great, but I don't really think the turquoises go with the outfit. She's wearing two vibrant colours and turquoise doesn't match either. I'm wondering whether someone grabbed the wrong box.

Last edited:
:previous: Great pictures - my favourites are the one's with the charger. Definitely worth a caption.

:previous: Charles and Camilla have seen one too many "Globe" headlines. :)

I agree, very nice pictures and Charles & Camilla looks great. I must say I'm a fan of The Prince of Wales fashion. Very nice coat and scarve.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have switched on the Christmas lights in Tetbury today, December 7, 2012.

Looks as if Charles was asking "Are you the real one?!" ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/UK press gallery **

** BBC: Prince Charles and Camilla switch on Tetbury lights **
Priceless!:D:lol:
Pic 1 caption- " I say, don't we know each other".:lol:
The ones with the charger- " Dear Lord, please let nothing explode....."
Then a gaze heavenward-and......
" Alleluia, we survived!":lol:

Prince Charles is looking amazing in that coat and scarf.

I think he inherited some fashion sense for his great uncle, Edward VIII. Charles just remind me of the Duke of Windsor fashion wise.

Priceless!:D:lol:
Pic 1 caption- " I say, don't we know each other".:lol:
The ones with the charger- " Dear Lord, please let nothing explode....."
Then a gaze heavenward-and......
" Alleluia, we survived!":lol:

You have a knack for captioning pictures.

I enjoy his look as well! He's alway very dapper. I think his style is very timeless.

This is very, very true. The man dresses in a very classy way.

I believe every man should dress with class. My father and uncles taught me how to dress and I really try to do it with class.

I agree, Camilla look pretty nice in her overcoat.

I wonder what next year's Christmas card will look like?

Not my favourite Christmas Card of theirs; it's just like any other picture.
True, they look happy and it was an important event, but still.

It's a very nice photo of them, but if you're going to send Christmas cards with photos of yourself on them I think they should be photos taken specially for the Christmas card, showing some hint of Christmas. That's just my opinion, of course, and it's really not a big deal. Perhaps they think it's sensible to use a very nice one from the year's events rather than to waste money on having one specially done.
Roslyn, who likes shiny Christmas things. :poinsettia:

I too would have liked a Christmas theme - surely that could have edged the photo with Christmas lights or garlands of holy or something to give it the Christmas feel.

It's a very nice photo of them, but if you're going to send Christmas cards with photos of yourself on them I think they should be photos taken specially for the Christmas card, showing some hint of Christmas. That's just my opinion, of course, and it's really not a big deal. Perhaps they think it's sensible to use a very nice one from the year's events rather than to waste money on having one specially done.
Roslyn, who likes shiny Christmas things. :poinsettia:
I suspect they were focussing on the jubilee theme this year for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom