Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was crushed silk.

What are the 2 cords that dangle in front that are in some of the photos?

Prince Charles thread is closed for review, so this has nothing to do with this topic - it's a reply to you and I'll change my post when the other thread reopens (I think I can do that). I meant 40 years - when I first thought of the idea I lost a decade and ... Anyway, thank you. It's a bad error and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Prince Charles demonstrates his adventurous spirit on a visit to the Channel Islands and gets the giggles as he tries out an indoor climbing wall in a three-piece suit
In his youth he was renowned as being something of an action man. And at the age of 63, Prince Charles demonstrates he has lost none of his adventurous spirit. Unfortunately for the future king, tackling a climbing wall in a double breasted suit and freshly-polished brogues proved just a challenge too far today. Charles, accompanied by his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, was on Jersey as part of a Diamond Jubilee visit to the Channel Islands, and the royal pair popped into Grainville Secondary School.

I don't think I have to guess that His Highness had a blast climbing that wall :D. He may have relived some of his younger days during that activity. It's great that he's in such good shape and is able to do this, in a three-piece suit, no less. His smile, however, says it all. He really had a grand old time.

Another article from 'The Telegraph':

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...his-hand-at-climbing-at-school-in-Jersey.html

Last edited:
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Saumarez Park on July 19, 2012 in St Peter's Port, United Kingdom. The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are in Jersey as part of a Diamond Jubilee visit to the Channel Islands taking in Jersey, Guernsey and Sark.

LOADS of funny pictures today: :D
- Prince Charles and Camilla take part in a 'Parachute game'
- Prince of Wales tries his hand at plate spinning
- Camilla learns how to perform resuscitation
- Camilla in "grandmother mode"
- The Duchess meets a goat

Later, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Castle Cornet where the States of Guernsey pledged their loyalty to the Queen:
- Prince Charles and Camilla
- The Duchess of Cornwall

Gallery from Daylife
Gallery from Getty 1
Gallery from Getty 2

Last edited:
Great to see Charles and Camilla in Guernsey! I'm going there myself on holiday next week!
I liked the picture of Camilla meeting a goat, this is a Guernsey goat and like the Guernsey cow they are a lovely golden ginger colour!

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Saumarez Park on July 19, 2012 in St Peter's Port, United Kingdom. The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are in Jersey as part of a Diamond Jubilee visit to the Channel Islands taking in Jersey, Guernsey and Sark.

LOADS of funny pictures today: :D
- Prince Charles and Camilla take part in a 'Parachute game'
- Prince of Wales tries his hand at plate spinning
- Camilla learns how to perform resuscitation
- Camilla in "grandmother mode"
- The Duchess meets a goat

Later, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Castle Cornet where the States of Guernsey pledged their loyalty to the Queen:
- The Duchess of Cornwall

Gallery from Daylife
Gallery from Getty 1
Gallery from Getty 2

Great pictures :flowers:. Seeing Their Highnesses play with a parachute was very amusing. Love the picture of His Highness spinning a plate, as well as the one of the Duchess having some quality time with a little one. She's great with kids, it's obvious.

Here's another video of His Highness doing some wall climbing from Tuesday's events:

The Prince of Wales tries out a climbing wall at Grainville School in Jersey - YouTube

:previous:
The mugs are fantastic. "Puffin" really has a sense of humor. Thankfully I was not drinking my coffee when I was the photos, otherwise I would be cleaning my monitor -- been there done that usually after reading remarks made by Marg! :D

Did you notice "Puffin's" engagement ring? she sure has interest in royalty! ;)
And that mug is priceless; hope it will be available somewhere online cause I'd definitely like to invest.

The little corgis bouncing along the bottom, one with his crown flying off, are seriously adorable.

I just love Charles's attitude lately. He seems to be really enjoying life, which I think is reflected in those he meets. Camilla's always had a really fun and warm demeanour, but it's so noticeable now in Charles too.

Kate actually reminds me of Camilla in that way. They both seem to wear genuine smiles all the time, as if they really enjoy meeting people. That's so wonderful to have. The Queen doesn't always master it, although she too has a sunny disposition more and more. I think it's an indication of a happy RF generally.

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit Sark Island as part of their Diamond Jubilee tour
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall stepped back in time today by using a horse and carriage to travel on an island where cars are banned. The royal couple visited the tiny Channel Island of Sark - population 600 - which is one of the few remaining places in the world which outlaws cars and where tractors, bikes and horses and carriages are used instead. The Prince and Duchess signalled their enjoyment of their short ride by horse and carriage by smiling broadly and patting the horse gently after disembarking. The Duchess, said: "You are a well-behaved horse." The Prince added: "You work very hard, don't you?"

The little corgis bouncing along the bottom, one with his crown flying off, are seriously adorable.

I just love Charles's attitude lately. He seems to be really enjoying life, which I think is reflected in those he meets. Camilla's always had a really fun and warm demeanour, but it's so noticeable now in Charles too.

Kate actually reminds me of Camilla in that way. They both seem to wear genuine smiles all the time, as if they really enjoy meeting people. That's so wonderful to have. The Queen doesn't always master it, although she too has a sunny disposition more and more. I think it's an indication of a happy RF generally.

Now that you mention it, I think Catherine and Camila are very similar when it comes to 'people' skills. They have no problem being in a large crowd and have the ability to make those around them feel at ease. All of that is definitely rubbing off on Prince Charles too. I think now that he's happy, he's not afraid of being himself, and come out of his shell. I love his reaction to the mugs (they're great and funny indeed). His smile now reaches his eyes, and it's heartwarming. Her Majesty is certainly getting there as well. Overall, I think this family is in a very good place, and it shows.

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visited the 131st Sandringham Flower Show and will tour the show, meeting exhibitors and members of the public.
The Prince of Wales is Patron of the Show.

- The Prince of Wales and Camilla
- Prince Charles and Camilla in a carriage
- The Royal couple viewing the exhibition
- Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall at the show
- Prince Charles and Camilla watching torch handling over ceremony

- Camilla
- The Duchess chats to some kids :)
- Camilla and a very enthusiastic little girl :wub: (how cute is that picture?)

Last edited:
Well... there we have it folks. We now have it on very good authority that Camilla is very huggable. I absolutely adore that picture. Some of the best photos of Camilla I've seen is where she is interacting with children.

One thing I've noticed about both the PoW and Camilla is that when we get pictures coming in from an event such as this, is that the pictures tell a story rather than look like group posed portraits. The one of Charles with Camilla holding a flower is precious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the lovely images :flowers:. I love watching Camila with little ones. She's so natural with them, and they respond appropriately, and with enthusiasm (as the las picture indicates :D).
Well... there we have it folks. We now have it on very good authority that Camilla is very huggable. I absolutely adore that picture. Some of the best photos of Camilla I've seen is where she is interacting with children.

One thing I've noticed about both the PoW and Camilla is that when we get pictures coming in from an event such as this, is that the pictures tell a story rather than look like group posed portraits. The one of Charles with Camilla holding a flower is precious.
Camila does indeed look like a person who has no issues with cuddles and hugs :D. It adds to her approach-ability, if you will. Oh, I LOVE seeing pictures of the Duchess with children. The interaction is so genuine on both sides, as the picture with the little girl illustrates. I think when Their Highnesses are together, even in public, their interactions with each other is very natural, and the cameras capture that. You can see they're sharing the experience, rather than going through the motions side by side. I think that particular aspect adds to the fact that the pictures look like a story; two people just taking in what is in front of them, and enjoying it. I love the picture with the flower. Reminds me of a couple during courtship :wub:.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
I whole-heartedly agree; Camilla is natural with kids.
Then again, with five grandchildren of her own, that is to be expected.

Today, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall met Governor General of New Zealand Sir Jerry Mateparae and Lady Mateparae at Clarence House.
- Picture

There is no picture from the Reception for the Launch of the Olympic British Business Embassy Programme by Prince Charles on 26 Jul at Clarence House?

There is no picture from the Reception for the Launch of the Olympic British Business Embassy Programme by Prince Charles on 26 Jul at Clarence House?
There are quite a few pictures. However, since the Duke of York attended the Conference as well, they were posted in the British Royal Family thread.
Just in case, here is a link to gallery from Getty. :)

I love that shade of blue. Very lovely.

Charles and Camilla arriving to Crathie Kirk for a church service last sunday.

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Zimbio

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The Royals Go to Church - Zimbio

Camilla is looking very fine - that color blue with her tanned skin (or is it good make-up) and silky pale white hair looks great. Charles ain't half bad driving the car. Cool.

Not entirely sure about the hat - it 'smashes' her hair, makes the bangs flat and uninteresting. The hat shows her face - but - not quite working for me.

Last edited:
I think she looks great in the photo.

She looks well rested. Her face is relaxed and the line are less visible than they have been for several years.

She should wear her hair more often like this, rather than parting in down the middle. It look like she dresses up more while on vacation than during the Jubillee or maybe she just has more time while on vacation to take care of herself.

Clearly, she enjoys being in the car alone with her husband with him driving.

Are they still on vacation? Is that why we have not seen many pictures?

Tyger said:
Are they still on vacation? Is that why we have not seen many pictures?

They are most likely still at Birkhall yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom