Prince Louis Will Become A Father!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Can we get off all these morality and personal beliefs issue? That isn't what this thread is for.

Yes, please do:eek: .

Can we get off all these morality and personal beliefs issue? That isn't what this thread is for.
I agree! This forum is not here for people to discuss their thoughts on morality and religion. Although it does come into play with this particular issue, we should remember what this forum is for - discussing royalty!

that's a good idea!!
some information about tessy for those who are interested (from point de vue): she's 20 years old and does live in niedercorn. she went to the lycée technique mathias adam in pétange. she only went there for the first 3 years just as long as school obligation lasts(that I know it from a friend)! her father is a roofer (not sure whether you call it like that)

Despite the moratorium on discussions of morality, I would like to point out that Luxembourg has an official religion, Catholicism. In accordance with Catholic morals, the monarchy should act in a Catholic manner. Having a child out of wedlock is not in keeping with Catholic principles. As such, I think it would be more in keeping with their role as Luxembourg's first family for the Nassaus to conform to Catholic attitudes toward sexuality and morality. Personally, of course, as a devout Orthodox Christian, I would not do as Prince Louis and his girlfriend did, but, as has been pointed out by others, one's own personal beliefs or morals are not universal.

Well I guess history has repeated itself. But I wonder to what extent, especially in regards to titles and styles, etc. As grecka pointed out, the grand ducal family should act in a catholic way. So maybe there will be a stripping of princely titles and a demotion, etc. I Kind of hope this is not the case.
In regards to Tessy getting out of school after the mandatory phase, I am think that maybe she is an army type girl. MAybe her aspirations were in the army. Or maybe not.

Reina said:
Well I guess history has repeated itself. But I wonder to what extent, especially in regards to titles and styles, etc. As grecka pointed out, the grand ducal family should act in a catholic way. So maybe there will be a stripping of princely titles and a demotion, etc. I Kind of hope this is not the case.
In regards to Tessy getting out of school after the mandatory phase, I am think that maybe she is an army type girl. MAybe her aspirations were in the army. Or maybe not.

The demotion that occurred with Henri's brother occurred under the reign of a different Grand Duke and in a different time. I would expect for Henri to perhaps handle things differently in this time with his own son.

I have always perceived the Grand Ducal Family to be a conservative Catholic household and in many respects I do expect them to behave accordingly, especially as a reigning Royal Family. Couples having children out of wedlock is not an uncommon thing in this day, however, when it comes to royals, specificially those of reigning Royal Families, there should be different standards. More should be and frankly must be expected.

I would expect and do hope that Louis will be allowed to keep his title of Prince. However, I do not believe nor do I think that his child should be titled. If he and his girlfriend marry in the future, then I would expect for this to legitimize their son or daughter in the eyes of the Catholic Church and law thus allowing for the child and mother to both be titled if the Grand Duke should so choose.

In regards as setting particular standard of ethics and morals, I must say that the Grand Duke an Grand Duchess have done an excellent job with what I would assume is an embarassing and uncomfortable situation for them. I do not believe that the announcement was one that was made in the way of joy, but done so in order to be direct and honest with the world.

In this respect, the Duke and Duchess have done an excellent job. Rather than trying to silence this young woman and trying to hide the entire situation, they have decided to make it public. Years ago something like this would have been pushed very far away and would most likely have never come to view or would have been made public many years later in a most embarassing way. Thank goodness they have chosen to be honest and deal with the situation at hand. I think that is the best way in which the family can preserve some sort for dignity and some sort of "control" over the situation.

If Henri and Maria Teresa's upbringing is any indication, I would think that they would both want for this young couple to be as close as possible and have a healthy relationship which could possibly lead to a happy marriage and a good life together. I doubt that they want for their son, a Prince of Luxembourg to have an illegitimate child being raised alone by his mother or with another family while he is someday married to another woman and living with his immediate family.

Last edited:
But did Jean really lose his title?

I am not certain that he lost his title of Prince, however he did have to renounce his rights of succession and those of his descendents. His wife was also titled Countess of Nassau and not Princess. His children were titled as Count or Countess of Nassau as well. However, in 2004, they were given the titles Prince and Princess of Nassau with the prefix of HRH.

Isabel is right. Also, Jean did not lose his title, he just lost his right to succession and also the right to pass his title on to his children. However, Henri fixed that last year.

Yeah and is he in the line of succession?

So is Jean HRH again?

Yes, ma'am, yes he is.

Reina said:
Yeah and is he in the line of succession?

No, he isn't. He gave his rights to the throne up completely when he married Helene.
This does make me wonder what's going to happen with Louis, though...only time will tell, I guess. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it will matter if Louis loses his succession rights- he has two older brothers, so the chances of Louis and/or his children inheriting the Grand Duchy are remote. Especially if Luxembourg changes its succession laws so that the first born child is automatically the heir, instead of the first born son.

If I was in Louis' shoes I would have a long talk with my Uncle Jean, who got himself in the same trouble. Though Jean was much older than Louis when he got Helene Vestur pregnant, I think he could still give his nephew some sound advice on how to deal with all of this.

Last edited:
So is Jean HRH again?
Jean never lost his HRH in the first place. He kept his HRH and his title, but his wife and kids didn't get anything at first.

BMC said:

Thanks.:)

Does anyone have a scan of the article? (I'd buy the magazine, but they don't sell it anywhere near me...) I think there's a new picture from Prince Henri's birthday on the left in black and white.

Here's the picture on the site....(source- pointdevue.fr)
9efdb97f.jpg

BeccaLynn07 said:
Thanks.:)

Does anyone have a scan of the article? (I'd buy the magazine, but they don't sell it anywhere near me...) I think there's a new picture from Prince Henri's birthday on the left in black and white.

Here's the picture on the site....(source- pointdevue.fr)

Same here...I've never seen any Point De Vue magazines at my local store. My friend's cousin lives in France and gets the magazine and she had it this summer when she came to visit but I'm not sure if I could get my friend to get her cousin to send the article...though I might ask later.

Still I can't believe that he is going to have a baby! He is a year older than myself and it's just so hard to believe that someone around our age would have a baby. But I am happy that he's willing to accept responsibility. He seems much more mature than most of the boys I know!

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people my age are married and having children. I am only 22 and some of my friends have 3 and 4 year olds. Some people wait and others don't. I wish Louis and Tess the best of luck. Making the decision not to get married just for the baby shows some maturity. Although I am sure they love eachother, a baby and a new marriage is a lot.

RoseMary said:
A lot of people my age are married and having children. I am only 22 and some of my friends have 3 and 4 year olds. Some people wait and others don't. I wish Louis and Tess the best of luck. Making the decision not to get married just for the baby shows some maturity. Although I am sure they love eachother, a baby and a new marriage is a lot.
Yeah it is something to think through:confused: , but I think they will be just fine, especially having support from family members as a whole.:)

RoseMary said:
Why do you think they love each other? They are just kids!

Lindy80 said:
I am going to say they love each other because they are expecting a baby on the way and they are going on their second year as a couple now so that would pretty much say without words spoken that they love each other and care for one another by their actions alone.:) They are not kids. They are young adults who chose their destiny to have a baby together.

Last edited:
Lindy80 said:

That doesn't mean that they don't know what love is or if they are in love with each other. After two years, regardless of your age, you know if you are in love with someone with whom you have an intimate and romantic relationship. If you don't love the person, then why stay with them for two years? My guess is that they do love each other.

Last edited:
Lindy80 said:

Kids?! :confused: I think people of 13/14/15 years old, or 16, are kids but young adults of 19 and 20 years old are definitively not kids.
Love is for all ages: 60, 40, 90 and 20 too.

Honestly, who knows if they are really in love. Only time can tell (i.e. if they eventually get married.)

Maybe they won't ever get married but will still be in love. Who knows...it's happend before.

I may be the only one out there but I for one agree with Lindy80, I myself am the same age as Louis and perhaps it is just me and the social group I associate myself with but in no way are my friends and I grown enough to handle “adult situations” on our own. They are too just kids, no one is that grown at 19. All any guy at that age wants is sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom