Prince Louis Will Become A Father!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
la francaise said:
Well Louis eventually didn't want to follow the value rule:
NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE.
And since he did maybe that's because he doesn't plan on following any catholic rules that are being taught in his household from the beginning.:(

Some Catholic's follow all Catholic doctrine & some pick & choose (I'm Catholic myself). Maybe Louis is like that as well (I'm no saying he is)....younger Catholic's (and even some older ones) in this day & age pick & choose what to believe.....I'm not saying it is right or wrong.

la francaise said:
:) Lady Marmalade,

I don't recall reading anything that stated Louis would not step up and be a hands on parent. You sound so sure that he already choose to be a bad parent from the beginning, without even any confirmation from the royal house of Luxembourg that Louis decided to not be involved in his child's life. Unless you know something we don't know, please do tell us to better understand if you do know.:D I personally don't know what is being said or done behind closed doors of the royal family and what they plan on doing in the future. So, what I'm trying to get you to see is that we don't know what is going on behind closed doors and we can not make any assumptions (according to you )= that he will not take his responsibility on raising his child.:rolleyes:
You are welcome!!!!

Hi,

Well, you are right, I do not know them personally. All I am saying is that if anyone has sex and the result, with or without protection, is a baby 9 months later, then be the parents to the baby and raise the child responsibly.

We do not if they really love each other, if she did this for her own reasons..got pregnant on purpose, if he thought he was some stud showing off to his buddies, they both wanted to rebel against their parents..

We don't know...

I just feel in today's world that going overboard with applause and congrats is just a little too much..

We all, each and every one of us, have the right to profess our thoughts on this and many of you have written very eloquent and well thought-out posts.

In the United States, time and time again, young people have babies due to mutually consented sex and then expect someone else to raise the baby so they can continue going to school or just growing up.

If you are mature enough to take the risk of creating another life, then you better me mature enough to handle the responsibilities that go along with it for the rest of your life.

What astounds me even more is how none of you have any sympathy or curiosity other than will the baby have a title, will they marry, and so on....

In these situations, when the couple, rich or poor, is so young, it is the baby who loses out...royalty or no royalty...

No amount of castles, nannies, trust funds, a throne, jewels, etc. can make up for the unconditional love of a parent...

Just look at how Harry turned out (PRE-SANDHURST)...if daddy would have used some of his own past demons of feeling abandoned as a child and turned his thoughts to Harry after Diana died instead of carefully orchestrating the grande dame world premiere entrance of Camilla onto the world stage, maybe he would not have had such difficult teen years....

But that is for another post..

I just want to know if anyone is going to lose/not gain a royal title and status.

I'm not sure what else we should have sympahty for or be curious about. As a child of a single mom myself, I don't feel sympathy for the baby. If fifteen years down the road, the child's life is terrible because Tessy and Louis forced it onto nannies or because they married and then had a messy divore or because they were bad parents, then I will feel sympathy for it - just like one would feel for any normal child in the same situation. Until then, I am with Reina - what will the royal status situation be like?

I don't think the baby will have titles (even if the Lux family would like to give it one) because giving a title to an illegitimate child is not really done in royal circles these days. Maybe if they get married, THEN the baby might get a courtesy title.

la francaise said:
Well Louis eventually didn't want to follow the value rule:
NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE.
And since he did maybe that's because he doesn't plan on following any catholic rules that are being taught in his household from the beginning.:(

Being a catholic myself, I think they are rules far more important than "no sex before marriage" or "births control". The sexual matters shouldn't be the more important in any religion.

Lady Marmalade said:
Hi,

Well, you are right, I do not know them personally. All I am saying is that if anyone has sex and the result, with or without protection, is a baby 9 months later, then be the parents to the baby and raise the child responsibly.

We do not if they really love each other, if she did this for her own reasons..got pregnant on purpose, if he thought he was some stud showing off to his buddies, they both wanted to rebel against their parents..

We don't know...

I just feel in today's world that going overboard with applause and congrats is just a little too much..

We all, each and every one of us, have the right to profess our thoughts on this and many of you have written very eloquent and well thought-out posts.

In the United States, time and time again, young people have babies due to mutually consented sex and then expect someone else to raise the baby so they can continue going to school or just growing up.

If you are mature enough to take the risk of creating another life, then you better me mature enough to handle the responsibilities that go along with it for the rest of your life.

Waouh! Astonishing moralizer speech! I've already stated that people with such opinions have generaly never faced this kind of events, but my statement is going stronger when I read you. It's so easy to say "they should", "he must", "she has to". But one never knows how in real life (not in perfect moral world that some seem to desire so much) one will face an unexpected pregnancy. And because you believe there should be no sex before marriage just doesn't mean noone should have sex before marriage.

here's something i heard, they're planning on living in switzerland.

Danielane said:
Waouh! Astonishing moralizer speech! I've already stated that people with such opinions have generaly never faced this kind of events, but my statement is going stronger when I read you. It's so easy to say "they should", "he must", "she has to". But one never knows how in real life (not in perfect moral world that some seem to desire so much) one will face an unexpected pregnancy. And because you believe there should be no sex before marriage just doesn't mean noone should have sex before marriage.

I really agree with you. I'm a devout catholic, so obviously I would like royal families give a different examples to their people, but we don't know how things happened. For me, the worst would be a abortion or trying to shut up the girl. Some people here say "they made it, now they have to pay for it!" or "they made their own bed, now... etc" This is very hard things to say! When I heard people talking like this I believe they have some jealous. They are not murders or thiefs, and maybe they really wanted a baby, who knows? They will have a baby, their parents will suport them (not only with money, but with LOVE), so all we have to do is be happy for them and desire the best for the baby.
I agree when Danielane says real life is very different from perfect life. We can't judge anyone. We can jugde actions, not people.

la francaise said:
Well, branchg maybe they wanted to have a baby, we will never know unless one of us asked him:) .

That's correct!! maybe one day they will give an interview and then they will have the chace to explain everything.

Regina said:
I really agree with you. I'm a devout catholic, so obviously I would like royal families give a different examples to their people, but we don't know how things happened. For me, the worst would be a abortion or trying to shut up the girl. Some people here say "they made it, now they have to pay for it!" or "they made their own bed, now... etc" This is very hard things to say! When I heard people talking like this I believe they have some jealous. They are not murders or thiefs, and maybe they really wanted a baby, who knows? They will have a baby, their parents will suport them (not only with money, but with LOVE), so all we have to do is be happy for them and desire the best for the baby.
I agree when Danielane says real life is very different from perfect life. We can't judge anyone. We can jugde actions, not people.

That's correct!! maybe one day they will give an interview and then they will have the chace to explain everything.

Of course abortion would be the worst, but my "speech" was too against those who are, in this case, saying "absolutely no abortion, you shall not abort", without trying to understand why and how people could come to abortion. It's the same for all the moral matters: I think in moral, we would always try to understand, not to judge. Maybe we disapprove some behavior, but we never know how we should have react in the same case.

Danielane said:
Of course abortion would be the worst, but my "speech" was too against those who are, in this case, saying "absolutely no abortion, you shall not abort", without trying to understand why and how people could come to abortion. It's the same for all the moral matters: I think in moral, we would always try to understand, not to judge. Maybe we disapprove some behavior, but we never know how we should have react in the same case.

That's correct, I agree. But I'm happy they decided not to abort, and that should be praised.

Of course, its not the most ideal situation (probably an understatement) but support is whats needed and not judgement. Lets leave that for their maker.

"MII"

I think it's beautiful!

I'm really happy for them. I think it's great that mother and baby are treated in a totaly normal way unlike in the bad old days. I bless this this child I see a happy future for him/her.
My only reservation is that he/she may feel left out if Louis later marries and this child is always slightly 'different'. I actually think it would be better to marry with the proviso that a later divorce, if they grow apart, would be OK. I think that if they did marry Louis and partner should not have to do duties like older members of the family but concentrate on studies and looking after baby. Uni is possible with a nanny at home for the day time they are both probably teens with bags of energy so it might not be too difficult.

What are you saying?

Tell me what rules are you talking about from your point of view as being a catholic in your opinion?

Danielane said:
Being a catholic myself, I think they are rules far more important than "no sex before marriage" or "births control". The sexual matters shouldn't be the more important in any religion.

Regina said:
That's correct, I agree. But I'm happy they decided not to abort, and that should be praised.
I agree:) that they acknowledged the pregnancy and disagrees on having an abortion.

Regina said:

Then until that time comes we will wait and see, that sounds like a good idea I didn't think of that:) . They probably will have an interview in a magazine article instead of on live television though.

msfroyste said:
here's something i heard, they're planning on living in switzerland.
Where did you hear this from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Danielane said:

First of all, my words reflect my beliefs. And yes, I have seen this situation occur in my family, so please do not attack my own beliefs on here.

We are each entitled to our own comments on with.

I suggest, with all due respect, you you tourself, show some consideration to others' posts on here.

I am not preaching to anyone here, just offering another view of this situation.

I suggest you re-read some of the rules about proper and respectful postings to this site.

Thank you.

la francaise said:
Then until that time comes we will wait and see, that sounds like a good idea I didn't think of that:) . .

I believe they will give an interview when they decided to marry (if that happends), and I just can't wait to hear them! :D

I think it is wonderful that the family wants to HELP them. Helping them doesn't always mean helping w/ money. It could mean babysitting while they are at school/work. It could mean just babysitting while the mother & father go out for an evening dinner...just the two of them. Who knows...maybe they won't want to have a nanny....we are jumping to conclusions that the child will have a nanny. That child will have love & support....no matter what. I'm sure their parents (both sets) were dissapointed & told their children how dissapointed they were. Now they have probably moved on to the next step- that there is going to be a child coming into this world in about 6months. Louis (& even Tessy) probably knows he let his parents down & I think he is probably beating himself up about it, but what is done is done. They can learn from their mistakes.
My cousin had a child at 20yrs old...his girlfriend (now ex-girlfriend) was maybe 27 or 28 at the time. They fortunatly didn't get married....I think if they had then it would have been a disaster (she is happily married to another guy & has a child with him). They work together to love & support their child. The grandparents help out as well. My aunt (the child's grandmother) babysits every Wed. after school....she has been doing this for yrs. This is HER Time w/ her Granddaughter & she loves it. She also helped out during the early years when my cousin was in college going for his degree....he is now happily married (to a woman who LOVES his child like she was her own) & is a teacher. My aunt Never paid child support for my cousin, he did it on his own. But she did help take care of his little girl when he was working or at school & when the child's mother was working. They all worked together & they might not always like each other they get along for the child. Their daughter knows she is loved (and a little spoiled :D) & that is all that matters. The other grandmother helps out as well & has her own special time w/ her granddaughter. Yea my aunt hit the roof when she found out about the pregnancy but she found out (obviously) after the fact & there was nothing she could do about it but help support her son during this time.

Last edited:
First of all I think that this thread is becoming more and more interesting with many posters coming with good arguments. Finally we have alot of members posting in the Grand Ducal forum and this is rather possitive.:)

suturegeisha said:
As far as I can tell, I think they're pretty, er, upset.
I've been doing a bit of investigating as to the whole situation. Didn't somebody say that Tessy Anthony [or Hansen, or Hansen-Anthony, I've seen it all three ways] was a nurse in the army? I think she's also a photographer- there are a lot of photos credited to her that I've found, especially for the newspapers.
I also found an article in the Belgian paper Het Nieuwsblad, but my Dutch is atrocious so I had to translate it via Altavista. Here's a quick rundown of the points of the article [if I posted the actual text you'd all laugh, it looks like Engrish]:
-A newspaper reporter from Tageblatt said that there have been rumours going around about Louis for a few weeks- he has gotten his driver's license six weeks ago and they were waiting to hear about his first speeding ticket, but got hit with the news that his girlfriend was pregnant instead!
-Radio Luxembourg played the Vaya Con Dios song "Don't Cry For Louie" nearly all day on the day this was announced. [Is this for real? Someone from Luxembourg?]
-Apparently, the younger population of Luxembourg really doesn't care about it, but the elderly are "furious". It goes on to say that "they wonder why she has not been sent to Switzerland in shame." [I'm paraphrasing that]
-Tessy has been honorably discharged from the Luxembourg army for a few months now.
-There are specualtions as to how the pair met- some say it happened in Kosovo, when Louis went to visit the troops there on an official appearance, and others say it happened in Switzerland, where Louis was concluding military school [I didn't know that].
-Louis and Tessy are apparently now staying in London for a little while, where the Royal Family has an apartment.
-Tessy is from a village in the south of the country called Niedercorn.
-"It is the intention that they will not live together in Luxembourg, but under the same roof as the Royal Family." So, I guess this means she's moving into Colmar-Berg with them? :confused:
-The reporter states that Luxembourg's papers have never really covered the romantic antics of the family before, because the palace would never confirm anything. This is a big deal to them, and even so, "we didn't make it the head item of the newspaper." [I'm guessing he means headline]

And at the top of this article, it claims that "all of this happened in super-Catholic Luxembourg!" [Like, OMGWTFBBQ!]

So, that's pretty interesting stuff. I'm still looking for other articles- they're hard to find.

Here is the link you mentionned Suturegeisha:) : http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail.aspx?ArticleID=GB9I5C2M

Please to all those of you knowing Dutch it would be really nice to translate the whole text in the link.;)

I was rather confused that "Luxemburger Wort" was calling her Tessy Anthony but Tageblatt was talking about Tessy Hansen ???:confused:

In my eyes there have to be a mistake and I assume that the right name of the girl is Tessy Anthony. Tessy Hansen is a photographer of the "Luxemburger Wort" since a few years (she is only 20 now and you don't start work for a newspaper with 16 or 17 years.;) I've seen many photos from her in the newspaper Luxemburger Wort (but never the person) and some of her photos were treating the Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg.

I've made some investigations myself too and I've found this interesting link about Luxembourgish Army:http://www.armee.lu/news/news179.htm
It's about 23 soldiers of the Kfor and the Isaf who have been in the Kosovo at the end of 2002 and the beginning of 2003 and were invited in the Grand Ducal palace at the end of the year (2003?, 2004?).
Although it is in German and most of you don't understand the name of the photographer is of main interest here and it is: (Quelle: Luxemburger Wort / Photos: Tessy Hansen). By looking at the second picture you will be surprised because there is Prince Louis (translation in English: the parents and dependants of the Kfor- and Isaf-members such as the policemen of "European Union Police Mission have been invited for the reception.

I'm pretty sure that Prince Louis' girl-friend is named Tessy Anthony and isn't the same person than the photographer of the Luxemburger Wort Tessy Hansen. By the way the newspaper didn't mention in any sentence that Louis' girl-friend had made photos for the newspaper and they would have been proud for sure to report it.;)
Looking at the article I assume that Louis has met Tessy Anthony (who has been in Kosovo as a soldier like some posters said before) during this reception.

I just want to say a few words about Suturegeisha's article:

-Radio Luxembourg played the Vaya Con Dios song "Don't Cry For Louie" nearly all day on the day this was announced. [Is this for real? Someone from Luxembourg?]
I don't listen the radio but only the television and therefore I ignore if this statement is true.

-Apparently, the younger population of Luxembourg really doesn't care about it, but the elderly are "furious". It goes on to say that "they wonder why she has not been sent to Switzerland in shame." [I'm paraphrasing that]
Unfortunately this is true, teenagers and young people don't really care about news from the Grand Ducal court.

-The reporter states that Luxembourg's papers have never really covered the romantic antics of the family before, because the palace would never confirm anything. This is a big deal to them, and even so, "we didn't make it the head item of the newspaper." [I'm guessing he means headline]
Yes, the palace rarely confirms news about the Grand Ducal family. In the newspaper "Luxemburger Wort" the report about Louis becoming a father wasn't on the first page and there has been only a little article (the article I've transklated in first post of this thread.)

Regina said:
I believe they will give an interview when they decided to marry (if that happends), and I just can't wait to hear them! :D

I can't wait myself:D . I am interested in hearing what they have to say about anything regarding there situation.

But you see sexual matters entails alot more than sex: having a baby out of wedlock, the hgh chance of emotional, mental, physical scars if the relationship does not work out, disease, etc. I think that preaching against fornication/adultery is important b/c there are so many consequences that come with pre-marital sex. So God was looking out for us after all b/c of so many consequences.

Danielane said:

Okay Folks

Let's not jump down each others throat. We are all members here so lets respect one another. If you don't agree to another members opinions that's fine but don't judge as in " my opinion is right and yours is wrong because I don't understand where your coming from or can't comprehend your point of view". This is just an example of what I'm trying to say here.

Thank you
la francaise

Regina said:

I agree too, they decided not to abort and it's a very respectable decision.

Deciding not to have an abortion is the first step we all can agree upon in taking responsiblity for your actions.

la francaise said:
What are you saying?

Tell me what rules are you talking about from your point of view as being a catholic in your opinion?

"being a catholic in your opinion": I'm sorry but I have the impression I misunderstood you? Do you think I'm not a good catholic or not catholic at all because I said there were matters far more important than sexual matter?
Naively, I thought rules Jesus taught like loving each other, charity and all that is in Gospel was far more important than forbidding to people loving each other to have sex. How to say? I believe this is a private matter, and that people should be entitled to have their own opinion and reflexion on the matter.

Lady Marmalade said:
First of all, my words reflect my beliefs. And yes, I have seen this situation occur in my family, so please do not attack my own beliefs on here.

We are each entitled to our own comments on with.

I suggest, with all due respect, you you tourself, show some consideration to others' posts on here.

I am not preaching to anyone here, just offering another view of this situation.

I suggest you re-read some of the rules about proper and respectful postings to this site.

Thank you.

You saw this situation in your family, but did you face it personnally?
Of course we are entitled to our own comments, that's why my personal comments are that I'm sick with moralizer comments of "we shall do like this, not like that... and so ever".

la francaise said:
I can't wait myself:D . I am interested in hearing what they have to say about anything regarding there situation.

I think this interview will be even more exciting than the one Princess Diana gave to Panorama some years ago! :D

la francaise said:
Okay Folks

Let's not jump down each others throat. We are all members here so lets respect one another. If you don't agree to another members opinions that's fine but don't judge as in " my opinion is right and yours is wrong because I don't understand where your coming from or can't comprehend your point of view". This is just an example of what I'm trying to say here.

Thank you
la francaise

I agree with this.

Reina said:
But you see sexual matters entails alot more than sex: having a baby out of wedlock, the hgh chance of emotional, mental, physical scars if the relationship does not work out, disease, etc. I think that preaching against fornication/adultery is important b/c there are so many consequences that come with pre-marital sex. So God was looking out for us after all b/c of so many consequences.

Well, I'll say I'm pro-contraception, so that I think an out of wedlock pregnancy can be avoided.

Danielane said:
"being a catholic in your opinion": I thank you for this very disdainful thought, you obviously think I'm not a good catholic or not catholic at all because I said there were matters far more important than sexual matter.
Naively, I thought rules Jesus taught like loving each other, charity and all that is in Gospel was far more important than forbidding to people loving each other to have sex.

First of all I'm not in any form trying to contempt you in any way form or fashion. Your disdainful thought is all wrong of what I'm saying here. I'm not catholic and don't have any intentions on being,other people here are and that's fine. To you or anyone here I never said you was a bad catholic and if you are so what:eek: . I don't care period. Somewhere in this thread you must have my opinions confuse.

Last edited:
Danielane said:
"being a catholic in your opinion": I thank you for this very disdainful thought, you obviously think I'm not a good catholic or not catholic at all because I said there were matters far more important than sexual matter.
Naively, I thought rules Jesus taught like loving each other, charity and all that is in Gospel was far more important than forbidding to people loving each other to have sex.

When we belong to some religion, we have to follow it in everything, we can't choose "I want this, but I don't want that!". or "This is very good for me but this is too much!".
I never saw written in Gospels that "Jesus taught like loving each other, charity and all that (...) was far more important than forbidding to people loving each other to have sex". Jesus taught we should always do God's will, in every circunstances. That's what Jesus taught. Louis and Tessy had pre-marital sex (was not a very good decision) and she got pregnant. They decided to have the baby and that was God's will, that's why I admire them like I also admire Princess Mette-Marit.

la francaise said:
First of all I'm not in any form trying to contempt you in any way form or fashion. Your disdainful thought is all wrong of what I'm saying here. I'm not catholic and don't have any intentions on being because other people here are. To you or anyone here I never said you was a bad catholic and if you are so what:eek: . I don't care period. Somewhere in this thread you must have my opinions confuse.

Yes I realised I misunderstood your post... That's why I edit mine in an other way...
I'm sorry to have been offensive with you. Let's say I'm tired after a difficult day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom