Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to divorce

That's very sad they had gone through so much as a young couple. I thought they were a tight family how sad.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Considering that it was more or less a forced marriage because she was pregnant (c"mon we all know that), 10 years is not that bad...
I'm not surprised at all.

I strongly disagree that it was a "forced marriage" Nico. The time to force the couple to marry was after the discovery of Tessy's pregnancy and on the contrary...she and Louis were never pressured to marry before the birth. There has never been even the slightest indication that the anyone pressured them to either end the pregnancy(an unthinkable option according to at least one interview by the Grand Duchess) or marry to have the baby be born in wedlock.

I admired the LRF a lot for that.

Louis and Tessy waited until their son was born and almost a year old to marry and they were obviously very much in love at their wedding and for most of the years that followed. They kept such a low profile after the birth of the child(which took place outside of the Grand Duchy btw) that no one would have been the wiser or blamed him if Louis had simply agreed to support Tessy and their son but remained single.

This entire sad situation reinforces my belief that one cannot judge a couples' relationship by how it appears on the outside. There is a strong tendency both on this board and others to assume that if a couple is very lovey dovey in photos and affectionate(as Louis and Tessy were) that it's a true love match that will go the distance and that if a couples' public style is more restrained the opposite is true.

Joachim/Alexandra of Denmark, Andrew/Sarah of Britain and now lately Tessy and Louis of Lux are the latest example that this is not always the case.

ETA: I cannot see Henri and MT forcing Tessy to relinquish her title of Princess. It just doesn't seem like their style.

Last edited:
I'm shocked! I really thought that this was a solid marriage and that Tessy was well-ensconced in the Royal Family once they hit the 10 year mark, and once she received the title. Hope all will be well for the children.

Not surprised after learning they spent Christmas apart.

Hopefully they can remain amicable during the divorce for the sake of the boys.

LaRae

I was one of the first on this Forum to express dismay at the news that the then teenage youngest son of the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg had impregnated his girlfriend. :ohmy:

Just a minor point - Louis isn't the youngest son. Not that that alters the sadness of the news.

I am very sad. I loved this family but I follow her on Instagram and I had noticed Louis was rarely present and always alone with the boys

How sad that it has ended in divorce and lets hope its a painless one for their sons ,Princes Gabriel and Noah.

Good luck to this little family in the future. I'm sorry to read about their divorce.

I'm sorry to hear that they are getting a divorce.

louis and tessy were such a strong couple in my eyes. i truly believe they were in love all these years and despite what people think i don't believe that a) they were forced to marry when tessy became pregnant or b) that tessy wanted anything other than love and a family when she married louis.

i felt they raised a lovely family, that tessy integrated in her role and in her new family like a fish in the water (proof of this is that she was given by the grand duke a title as princess of luxembourg after many years without one) and that she remained largely 'tessy anthony' despite the new privileges her position afforded her.

i am sad to hear they will no longer be a family and that tessy is no longer part of the GD family. she seemed like a hard working, pleasant, authentic lady and i am sure she will be missed in the grand ducal family.

How sad. Best wishes to both of them and their families

Last edited:
What work does she do? And Louis?

Louis is the Chairman of the Audaces Foundation NextGen Council, since July 2016, according to his LinkedIn. And he is also an Advisory Committee Member at Audaces Impact.
H.R.H. Prince Louis de Luxembourg - Audaces Impact

The Audaces Foundation was founded in Brussels in 2012 by a group of nextgen leaders, philanthropists and entrepreneurs, as an independent non-profit organization, with the aim to raise awareness on impact investing.
Audaces Foundation - Audaces Impact

Louis's LinkedIn
Louis de Nassau _ LinkedIn

Last edited:
I can't remember...were Louis (and his heirs) put back into the line of succession?

LaRae

I can't remember...were Louis (and his heirs) put back into the line of succession?

LaRae

No. Tessy and the boys were simply given titles. Amalia and Liam are the only grandkids in line.

Ok so the heir at this time is Guilluame then his brother Felix....ok thanks!

LaRae

Ok so the heir at this time is Guilluame then his brother Felix....ok thanks!

LaRae

Even if Louis and his sons were in line, it would be guillaume and Felix in the top two spots. Felix is older than Louis, he is second in line until his brother has kids.

Current
Guillaume
Felix
Amalia
Liam
Alexandra
Sebastian

If Louis And his sons were restored
Guillaume
Felix
Amalia
Liam
Louis
Gabriel
Noah
Alexandra
Sebastian

The highest effected would be Alexandra who would fall from fifth to eighth.

Last edited:
A sad announcement and I'm confident that Louis and Tessy will remain close friends as well as excellent parents after the divorce. I might be wrong and will be the first to admit it, if events prove otherwise.
I admit the whole thing was a surprise because I don't belong to any social media sites due to privacy concerns. I do hope that the Grand Ducal Family and Tessy will be able to remain on a close and friendly relationship. It has always appeared that Tessy and Maria Teresa had a very close relationship during the marriage.
I don't know if Tessy will be able to keep her title after the divorce, but that may be up to Grand Duke Henri.

the way of communication says to me that tessy was the driving force behind the separation, she wanted to get it done. i wonder what went on behind the scenes before she was allowed to go public. maybe thats why the 'cryptic messages', to speed up the process.

:previous:
That's a very good point. We don't know what went on in during the marriage and her cryptic messages nor we probably never will which is the business of Tessy, Louis and the Grand Ducal family anyway. I hope for the best anyway.

I'm very sorry to hear this- I liked them as a couple.

Unfortunately, it can happen when people marry very young and grow in different directions.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom