Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the pictures are photoops she has agreed to with interviews she has given to the newspapers and magazines. She is only in the beginning and she thinks it is fun posing for the paparazzis, but that will possible stop after a while and she will just walk by them. Who knows she could even begin get annoyed and tired of smiling all the time as the paps keep following her and she does not think it funny anymore.

I don't see the other girlfrinds as scowls. They just do thier own business, leaving work, walking the street, shopping, going with friends etc. Normal people don't go down the street all smiling, so why should they smile everytime they know there is a camera following them. They shold just do as they normaly do if the cameras wer not there. That's normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
HRHAmy said:
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but does anybody know what Marie does for a living?
She works in her step-father's firm, with financial business, according to the interview in Billed Bladet. She's attended university in Boston, and worked at an IT company in New York.
Kerry said:
When and where did they meet?

They met at a dinner-party about 2 years ago. But, as they both were involved with other people (Joachim in the beginning/middle of separation and Marie had a boyfriend) they were just friends for a long time.

I wonder if the story to the tabloids was a collaboration between Marie and Joachim to get the story out?

We never really know what happens behind the scenes, and it could be a carefully planned strategy.

I guess it just seems strange that someone would jeopardise their relationship, and if she really wants to marry him she wouldn't have gone behind his back unless of course she's lacking in the knowledge of how things are done.

1+1 aren't making 2 right now with the story for sure.

Does anyone know who is the grey haired woman in tow of the pictures of Marie and the dog? Her mother, perhaps?

HRHAmy said:
But is it just a disadvantage to the person who is dating a royal? I mean there are soo many cons but I see some pros along with it. For instance, let's say that a woman whom is middle class to upper middle class background starts dating a prince or someone of aristocracy and of course she will mingle in the upper crust crowd of royals since she is dating one. I see a pro as to if her realtionship at the time doesn't work out with the current royal she will know many artistocratic males whom she could possibly marry later on. So marrying another one royal would be a pro to the person in question if that's what they are looking for.

Don't you think it could rather lead to some sort of notoriety? That the image the media projects is off the truth of that person and when the relationship with the Royal does not work, the person is left with these image tags on her? There are some people who know how to play the game with the media and others who have no idea why they end up in the dirt.

But as a journalist I know that bad news sell better than good news. In addition I believe a relationship with someone fampous or rich or both leads to some sort of envy in others and the media caters to them and portrays a person that he/she fits a negative image rather than telling the truth. So anyone involved with a celebrity has a far better "chance" to appear not so nice than to be portrayed as a nice person.

Just remember the thing about the photos of Camilla P-B. As long as she was "the mistress" the media only took the ugly pictures of her and printed them because that catered to their buyer's wishes. Now that she is part of the establishment (and has thus influence which can be wielded openly in her favour) the photos that are printed are mostly favorable. I like Camilla and I enjoy seeing these pictures but I was always sure these existed before but were not selected. That's what I like in these forums - here you get to see all pictures available at the agencies.

As for marrying another Royal - it depends on the reason why she was dumped, I guess. If the first Royal depicted her as greedy, she will have no other chance - well, anyway, that's an individual pro or con, while becoming notorious through the interest of the media is definately a con.

I mean what would you think if you saw the headlines of "New Woman/Man For Princess ___ or Prince ____" and they're on the cover scoweling at the How do you feel when you get the first look at a potential prince/ princess and they are either smiling and laughing or giving the photogs a dirty look??:)

You're right. If the new girlfriend or boyfriend of a celebrity is found out by the press, he/she should smile no matter what. And he/she must be aware that it can happen anytime. Just remember what little event lead to the discovery of Fred and Mary (he was not in Denmark when his mother went abroad, so his brother became regent and a journalist started asking after the whereabouts of the prince, when he wasn't there. ). OTOH Philippe and Mathilde were so sucessful in keeping their long-term relationship private that many journalists spoke of an arranged marriage even though they had been in love for - two? three? years. So, I agree, it's better to appear friendly and nice.

*Let me clarify one thing too, there is a difference between courting the media and being polite. I personally don't like it when one courts the media, then you know they are just in it for the face time. To me Marie is very close to doing this, when she gives interviews and poses for 80 pictures. But when you're just polite and smile and go on with your life that isn't something I would count as liking the attention.*

I agree completely.

Here´s my speculation why Marie has talked to journalists. Maybe the DRF had advised Joachim to wait a while before presenting her to the public but Joachim and Marie are tired of waiting, so went ahead with the interview. Now that it´s out, can´t hide anymore.
Purely m speculation, of course.
But I still find her blabbing to tabloids in that silly way very off-putting. And Joachim´s "I´m in love" response is a bit childish for a thirty-something royal and father of two.
Somehow the whole thing seems like bad taste to me. Sorry.

"I am in love" is never childish. God no!, it is just childish to not say it. If a man can express his feelings it is good, not childish.

Still giggling over the fact Marie gave out her autograph. Does anyone else find that funny? Strange too for a girlfriend of a prince?

GlitteringTiaras said:
Still giggling over the fact Marie gave out her autograph. Does anyone else find that funny? Strange too for a girlfriend of a prince?
She did? Oh boy! Could be she is just so niave about the fame or she really is courting the media. Hmmm, who knows!

What I would like to know is, if the photographers are hounding her every move then why aren't there more pictures of the whole walk around the block with her dog. Why did they just snap her infront of her apartment? Why didn't they follow her every move on the walk? Hmmm makes me wonder...

The pictures are super bizzare!!! Is this lady posing for a photo shoot or what?? It definatley does not look like a random run-in with the press.

Strange...

Kig Ind week 12's cover....with interview with Marie Cavallier's interview

here's a translation of the front page of Kig Ind from Potter from the cpm message board:

Marie afslører alt! --- Marie reveals everything!
Vi gifter os --- We are going to marry
Joachim tager Maries navn --- Joachim takes Marie's name
Dater i Paris, London og Århus --- Dates in Paris, London and Aarhus
Sådan forkæler Joachim sin nye prinsesse --- How Joachim pampers his new princess
Marie: -Alex var skyld i skilsmissen! --- Marie: -Alex was guilty of the divorce!

Alex was guilty of the divorce?!! and they are going to get marry?!!! I'm just disappointed in this girl now! this girl keep on giving different interviews and posing for different magazines every day..there's always new photos of her everyday this week...I'm just getting tired of this girl now!

Attachments

• [1].jpg
    [1].jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
How can anyone be sure that Marie talked to this magazine Kig Ind. Maybe Kig Ind is improvising over and above what the other tabloids have reported.

I think so too. Kig Ind is a gossip magazine and with all the Danish tabloids out there with the same pictures and the story of Marie and Joachim out there, they have got to use something to beat their competitors.

Mandy said:
How can anyone be sure that Marie talked to this magazine Kig Ind. Maybe Kig Ind is improvising over and above what the other tabloids have reported.
Yep, that's my thoughts too. Kig Ind is really mostly about the gossip, fake or real, and I wouldn't trust them much at all.

bigheadshirmp said:
Joachim tager Maries navn --- Joachim takes Marie's name!

Sorry, but I don't understand the meaning of that headline. It doesn't mean that Joachim will give up his name and title and become Mr. Cavallier? They can't be serious....

Jo of Palatine said:
Sorry, but I don't understand the meaning of that headline. It doesn't mean that Joachim will give up his name and title and become Mr. Cavallier? They can't be serious....
It's probably a reference to the name they registered under at a hotel earlier - Marie's surname. The double-meaning is typical for this gossip magazine, meant to make you wonder.
I wouldn't believe much of the stuff that this magazine publishes - not until it is verified other places.
But maybe it will be verified. Marie seems to be a rather talkative lady.....:rolleyes:

Denmark lives deluded the possibility on another royal wedding

from www.hola.com

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 11,669
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 11,528
Being honest I have not really followed this story very closely, but I find it really odd that Marie is talking to the press like this, surely it is not the done thing?!

I know Sophie Wessex has done HELLO! etc but she was well established in Edward's life, I just do not get this whole publicity thing.

UserDane said:
It's probably a reference to the name they registered under at a hotel earlier - Marie's surname. The double-meaning is typical for this gossip magazine, meant to make you wonder.
I wouldn't believe much of the stuff that this magazine publishes - not until it is verified other places.
But maybe it will be verified. Marie seems to be a rather talkative lady.....:rolleyes:

Thank you. Now it makes at least a bit sense...:rolleyes:

This weeks editorial from Billed Bladet´s chief editor Anders Thisted

Prins Joachim forsikrer, at han er lykkelig.
30-årige Marie Cavallier forsikrer, at hun er lykkelig.
Og så kan vi andre kun håbe, at det også ender lykkeligt, så prinsen får prinsessen og lever lykkeligt til deres dages ende.
Maries ankomst på den royale scene får speciel betydning for en helt tredje royal person: Joachims fraskilte hustru, prinsesse Alexandra, som ganske vist ikke er medlem af den kongelige familie længere, men har bibeholdt titlen som »hendes højhed og prinsesse«.
Den titel beholder Alexandra, sålænge hun forbliver ugift (med mindre hun finder sig en anden prins!). Men ender Joachim og Marie foran alteret vil det uundgåeligt påvirke Alexandra.
I de ni år Alexandra var gift med Joachim lykkedes det hende at oparbejde en enestående popularitet, og den har hun været i stand til at bevare en god del af, selvom skilsmissen, hendes kæresteri med fotografen og lydmanden, den 28-årige Martin Jørgensen, og ikke mindst kronprinsesse Marys indtog har svækket Alexandras position en smule.
Nu risikerer hun konkurrence fra en ny kant, en ny ung, smuk, velformuleret og veluddannet prinsesse Marie, der næppe vil stille sig tilfreds med en afskærmet og isoleret tilværelse i stuerne på Schackenborg Slot i Møgeltønder.
Men den uhyre flittige og ambitiøse Alexandra har næppe til hensigt frivilligt at afgive så meget som en tomme af den plads, det er lykkedes hende at erobre på den royale scene. Hun vil holde fast i sine 27 protektioner og 6 æresmedlemskaber, selvom hun nødvendigvis må acceptere, at hofetiketten skubber hende et par trin ned ad stigen til fordel for Marie, idet Joachims nye hustru vil komme til at overtage den stol, Alexandra sidder på i dag, når dronningen byder til fest.
Men Alexandras indstilling er den, at hun nok skiller sig fra prins Joachim, men at hun aldeles ikke har til hensigt at lade sig skille fra det danske folk.
Meget har hun fået foræret gennem de ni år, hun var alene på scenen, men nu må Alexandra forberede sig på, at prinsesse-tilværelsen bliver lidt mere op ad bakke.

Med venlig hilsen

Chefredaktør
Anders Thisted

Can someone translate the article above??

thank you so much !!

i'm so glad others think this is weird. if i were dating a prince i would try to be like mary and keep it to myself and not risk running him off or making his family mad. if this girl is talking this much (and we know u can't trust the tabloids) especially without the go head from PJ or the DRF, if i were them it would make me very distrustfull of her.
PJ was in another country (Thailand?) trying to get out a good message and goodwill for Denmark and his girlfriend steals all the attention on the magazine covers seems like a stupid plan for a campaign for public acceptance. JMO i mean no disrespect but she screams "i want to be a princess." it is very phony and calculated but was it hatched between the two of them or did she decide to hurry up things a bit? guess we'll know if and when she disappears, i do know she'll regret letting the press get so "close" they'll turn on her so quick she won't know what happened.

Mollie said:
This weeks editorial from Billed Bladet´s chief editor Anders Thisted

Prins Joachim forsikrer, at han er lykkelig.
30-årige Marie Cavallier forsikrer, at hun er lykkelig.
Og så kan vi andre kun håbe, at det også ender lykkeligt, så prinsen får prinsessen og lever lykkeligt til deres dages ende.
Maries ankomst på den royale scene får speciel betydning for en helt tredje royal person: Joachims fraskilte hustru, prinsesse Alexandra, som ganske vist ikke er medlem af den kongelige familie længere, men har bibeholdt titlen som »hendes højhed og prinsesse«.
Den titel beholder Alexandra, sålænge hun forbliver ugift (med mindre hun finder sig en anden prins!). Men ender Joachim og Marie foran alteret vil det uundgåeligt påvirke Alexandra.
I de ni år Alexandra var gift med Joachim lykkedes det hende at oparbejde en enestående popularitet, og den har hun været i stand til at bevare en god del af, selvom skilsmissen, hendes kæresteri med fotografen og lydmanden, den 28-årige Martin Jørgensen, og ikke mindst kronprinsesse Marys indtog har svækket Alexandras position en smule.
Nu risikerer hun konkurrence fra en ny kant, en ny ung, smuk, velformuleret og veluddannet prinsesse Marie, der næppe vil stille sig tilfreds med en afskærmet og isoleret tilværelse i stuerne på Schackenborg Slot i Møgeltønder.
Men den uhyre flittige og ambitiøse Alexandra har næppe til hensigt frivilligt at afgive så meget som en tomme af den plads, det er lykkedes hende at erobre på den royale scene. Hun vil holde fast i sine 27 protektioner og 6 æresmedlemskaber, selvom hun nødvendigvis må acceptere, at hofetiketten skubber hende et par trin ned ad stigen til fordel for Marie, idet Joachims nye hustru vil komme til at overtage den stol, Alexandra sidder på i dag, når dronningen byder til fest.
Men Alexandras indstilling er den, at hun nok skiller sig fra prins Joachim, men at hun aldeles ikke har til hensigt at lade sig skille fra det danske folk.
Meget har hun fået foræret gennem de ni år, hun var alene på scenen, men nu må Alexandra forberede sig på, at prinsesse-tilværelsen bliver lidt mere op ad bakke.

Med venlig hilsen

Chefredaktør
Anders Thisted

Prince Joachim ensures us, that he is happy.
30-year-old Marie Cavallier ensures us, that she is happy.
And the rest of us can only hope that it has a happy ending, so that the prince gets the princess and they live happily ever after.

Marie's arrival on the royal stage will have a special meaning for a third royal person: Joachim's ex-wife, Princess Alexandra, who certainly isn't member of the royal family any more, but have kept the title as "her highness and princess."

Alexandra will keep that title as long as she stays unmarried (unless she finds herself another prince.) But if Joachim and Marie end up before the altar, it will indubitably affect Alexandra.

For the nine years Alexandra and Joachim were married, she succeeded in gaining an extreme popularity, and she's been able to keep a great deal of it, even if the divorce, her relationship with photgrapher/sound man, 28-year-old Martin Jørgensen, and Crown Princess Mary's arrival, have diminished Alexandra's position a bit.

Now she's risking competition from another area, a new, beautiful, well-articulated and well-educated princess Marie, who likely won't be satisfied with a withdrawn and isolated life in the halls of Schackenborg Castle in Møgeltønder.

But the extremely hardworking and ambitious Alexandra hardly has the intention to voluntarily give up as much as an inch of the space that she has succeeded in conquering for herself at the royal stage. She will hang on to her 27 protectorates and 6 honor memberships, even if she will have to accept that the royal etiquette will push her down the ladder a few steps in favour of Marie, as Joachim's new wife will take over the chair on which Alexandra sits today when the Queen invites to parties.

But Alexandra's position is that which she has divorced Joachim, but she does not have the intention to divorce the Danish people.

She has been given many things during the nine years in which she was alone on the stage, but now Alexandra has to get used to that the princess-life gets a bit harder.

norwegianne said:
Translation from Billed Bladet.
What a nasty piece of stuff to write about a person who is really innocent in all this mess!

But thank you very much for the translation, Norwegianne. I had to smile a bit about the sentance: "a withdrawn and isolated life in the halls of Schackenborg Castle in Møgeltønder" - that sounds so medieval! As if the author cannot imagine someone enjoying life in the countryside (even if the place is named Møgeltønder - which for a German really sounds isolated and out of an Ibsen-novel). LOL!

I have to agree with the author in one respect. Based upon Marie's action of the last week or so, she certainly is not going sit in the shadows of Alexandra if she does marry Joachim.

I also hope she has no skeltons in her closet...now that she has opened herself up....the press will be houndless in trying to know everything about her!

Well, Joachim seems to be part of the publicity game, if the pictures can be any fair judge, which I grant you may not be the case. Frederik has outdone him at last. For so long, it was Joachim who was happy in marriage and family, the ideal prince with his trophy wife and sons. Now the "ideal" is Frederik, and Joachim needs to live up to him, instead of the reverse. He needs a wife to do that. It seems like this is a campaign to win Marie over to the public because, pretty and sweet as she may be, she will have big shoes to fill. Alexandra has been a perfect princess, so any second wife of Joachim will be compared to her most harshly.

This more and more seems, to me, like a strategy that was devised should Marie's identity be discovered, rather than something Marie came out and started herself. (at least I hope so.) Especially, judging from the article in Billed Bladet from when Marie visited Schackenborg, and it mentioned her flying back to Geneva, journalists revealing who she was didn't seem too far away, in my opinion.

Even so, it seems a strange strategy to use if they're not serious.

Although I do agree that if they are serious, it looks like they are trying to create an image for Marie. If they had waited until Marie was found out by the press, they would have been reactive and not had as good a chance of getting a particular image out. I don't think its necessarily for acceptance but to ensure that Marie has an image as different as possible from Alexandra to head off any comparisons between the two.

Joachim knews that whoever he would be serious with would go through tough times being compared to Alexandra and so I don't think women were jumping to have a relationship with him with all the baggage he brings.

If Joachim really loves Marie, its natural that he would want to make things easier for her.

The downside is that it made the situation is particularly tough for Alexandra, but Joachim can't win in either case, either he protects the reputation of his first wife and sets up his second wife to take the brunt of ill will or else he tries to set up his second wife favorably and the first wife's position suffers.

There was no easy way out of this.

Let´s give the girl a chance now that Joachim has arrived to Denmark and be aware of all the fuss with his girlfriend...maybe she will start with a low profile...some will say its late...but if she beggins that will be great!!
besides...maybe she is just a transition girl...nobody knows that she is a formal girlfriend...maybe joachim wants to take sometime before marry again withe someone...and if marie is the one...maybe the DRH will start the protocol, language ,etc classes and we will see the change on her and be more appreciated for all.

Best Regards as always to all!!
smile.gif

Ifshe starts to be more discreet now, I will definetly give her a chance. She seems nice.. just a chatterbox who could need some guidance perhaps:rolleyes: If it is serious.. I wish the court would say something about. It is a bit weird that they are so quiet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom