Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if indeed this Marie is legit, I think she should have known better than to give an interview...Its just not appropriate at this stage of their "relationship"...Nor are some, if not most, of the comments she made in the interview.

Its just quite bizzare.. her name is Marie (French for Mary), their birthdays (Mary & Marie) are a day apart, they look somewhat similar...its all a tad creepy..even the Danish media are commenting on the eerie likeness between the two..its really left many people freaked out.

Time shall tell what its really all about!

"MII"

I think she seems to be a nice girl. I hope they will marry and have a lot of children

I think if the relationship is that serious, Marie should've known where to put her place. An interview is a big step, and that just prove what kind a person she is... too eager into the spotlight...

Its not one interveiw she has also talked to BT
she says she wants three children
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=428048:fid=100021711/
the experts thinks her talking to the press is agreed upon with Joachim and the court
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=427864/

and to Ekstrabladet
EB: Are you in love
M: I love him very much but that I think is something private and something I want to tell him myself

EB Have you told him that you love him
M: No I have not said it yet, we dont talk like that yet

they met in a dinnerparty where everyone spoke english and danish and since Joachim and Marie both speak French they became friends two years ago and it developed to something more in the autumn
http://ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=340195

Last edited:
IMO, she looks older than her age on one of the picture.. But if Joachim is happy, we should be happy for him too! :)

betina said:
I think she seems to be a nice girl. I hope they will marry and have a lot of children
She does indeed seem like a nice girl.

It's been commented in some Danish articles that for these interviews to take place, there has to have been some sort of approval from either Joachim or the Palace, and if not, it is highly irregular.

Though, Prince Joachim said himself in an interview during the winter vacation he had with Nikolai (summarized in one of my posts earlier in this thread), that he was protecting her identity for as long as it was possible, until she was ready. Maybe she's ready now? It would have been fairly easy for him to refuse her claims as he's surrounded by the press on his tour, if it hadn't been true.

Thanks norwegianne. I was thinking that the silence from the Court meant that they somehow approved of the interviews.

But it still seems strange. I think if Joachim wanted to make the relationship public, it would have been more gentlemanly for Joachim to come out with it rather than have the girl do an interview setting her up for some unwarranted criticism of being attention-getting, etc.

I hope its not a test to see how well she does in public, because if it is, its an unfair test.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering how did the Danish people react to this "interview" about Joachim's gf? can our Danish posters give some comment on that?!! also...did the court say anything abt the interview?

Larzen said:
Its not one interveiw she has also talked to BT
she says she wants three children
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=428048:fid=100021711/
the experts thinks her talking to the press is agreed upon with Joachim and the court
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=427864/

and to Ekstrabladet
EB: Are you in love
M: I love him very much but that I think is something private and something I want to tell him myself

EB Have you told him that you love him
M: No I have not said it yet, we dont talk like that yet

they met in a dinnerparty where everyone spoke english and danish and since Joachim and Marie both speak French they became friends two years ago and it developed to something more in the autumn

What a cute doggie she's holding in this picture:

Anyways, I completely agree that giving interviews, or even talking to the media at all at this stage--if that's indeed what she did, do we know for sure? I mean, maybe she told all this to a friend who ratted to the press-- it is not something <I> would be doing if I were her.

I have the same sentiment actually towards Albert of Monaco's newest 'squeeze' ...she seemed to have chatted with Paris Match, about the very topic of her & Albert! Why would anyone in her shoes want to do that? I agree that it would, seeminlgy that is, diminish any chances for the relationship to move forward, no? Then again, perhaps it's all been orchestrated by clever PR honchos in the respective palaces. Who knows?

And as for this Marie resembling Mary...I agree, and it really seems like the brothers have a thing for petite brunettes who work in finance/business..
Funny how if you think about it, they both live in a country with an abundance of gorgeous blonds, if I may generalize about Danish women for a sec. And what do they do? They travel to the far corners of the world in search of brown-haired beauties!

Don't know if this is the right thread to post this, but I'll take my chances.

The Danish tabloid newspaper B.T has interviewed common people about Prince Joachims new girlfriend, and several comment on how much she looks like CP Mary. They have comments like her brown hair, deer eyes and a warm and winning smile are all similar to CP Mary.

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=428316:fid=100021711/

New royal girlfriend speaks out

The Royal Family has given its seal of approval to the relationship between Prince Joachim and his new French girlfriend

Nearly a year after finalising his divorce, Prince Joachim has publicly announced that he is involved in a relationship with a French woman, Royal tabloid Billed Bladet revealed on Thursday.

In an interview with B.T. newspaper, Joachim, 36, said of his life after entering into the relationship with the 30-year old Marie Cavallier: 'I am a happy man. If I am brimming with joy, it's because I am. I'm not complaining.'

http://www.cphpost.dk/get/94597.html

Is Marie actually speaking to the press or are they quoting friends etc?

She does have something about her that is very Maryish!

Not a wise decision unless she had Joachim's permission prior.

imo she had to keep silence about her relation with Prince Joachim, people now would have a better opinion of her..maybe she´s pretty and has style, but she made a big mistake talking to the press:confused:

I dont think she would have talked to the press if she didnt have approval. She does look a lot like Mary and has a much warmer appeal. Shes very cute. Im just wondering why he would pic a girl that looks so much like Mary and start a serious relationship with her.

Princejohnny25 said:
I dont think she would have talked to the press if she didnt have approval. She does look a lot like Mary and has a much warmer appeal. Shes very cute. Im just wondering why he would pic a girl that looks so much like Mary and start a serious relationship with her.

I couldn't agree more, PrinceJohnny25! I think she must have Joachim's approval to chat to the press, after all.
and I agree this girl somehow oozes much more warmth than Mary's ever done. Just my perception. Also, she is a true natural beauty: stylists won't have to fret over this one, she's gorgeous already. Lucky Joachim.

And, off topic, I realize: anyone know what sort of dog that is? It's so so cute! What I also wonder, but that's for another forum entirely: if Marie's at her day-job, who looks after her pet? (sorry to get off topic here, but I'm contemplating getting a dog, but am hesitating because I'm away a lot and so is my spouse)

I thought that the resemblance between Mary and Marie was quite obvious, too. The long dark hair and the dark eyes.

I guess the men in the Danish royal family like brunettes!

This is strange. With the interviews I'd say she's either out the door or getting ready to walk down the altar.

But the Copenhagen Post is pretty reliable so if it says she has the royal seal of approval, then I guess they're right. I wanted Joachim to get married again but this is a strange way to go about it.

Last edited:
Theres a reason why she is talking. Joachim has done a lot to keep her private and out of the press. There is a reason why he and the Palace are itroducing her so abruptly and strangly. I just cant quite figure out why.

I agree with you half way. I dont find her annoying I find the whole way they are doing it annoying. Why are they introducing her like this. It is so unusual and almost self destructive. It dont understand it. I know the Danish royals are very media savy and are very friendly with them but even this seems out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
GlitteringTiaras said:
Yes I had realized that several days ago, thank you.:)

My feelings towards her still stand: she's annoying. Very annoying. Sorry to be so abrupt but to me she is just that.

From what I read, its not what she's saying in the interviews that is unusual but the timing and the fact that Joachim hasn't come out and claimed her himself. But if the interviews were planned by her and Joachim with the permission of the DRF, the timing and the manner was definitely a collaboration between the two of them so if only the girl annoys you, that seems a little strange.

I'm not annoyed by either of them, just puzzled.

ysbel said:
From what I read, its not what she's saying in the interviews that is unusual but the timing and the fact that Joachim hasn't come out and claimed her himself. But if the interviews were planned by her and Joachim with the permission of the DRF, the timing and the manner was definitely a collaboration between the two of them so if only the girl annoys you, that seems a little strange.

I'm not annoyed by either of them, just puzzled.

It's not strange at all. The reason why I find her annoying is her complete lack of discretion. Couldn't she have simply anwered some questions with a simple yes or no. Maybe a small statement rather than go into a whole dissertation about her relationship with him? She is going into so much detail it's disturbing (for a well educated woman she sure lacks common sense when it comes to dealing with journalists); moreover, she tends to brag a bit from the transcripts I've read.

As a result, I find Marie very annoying.

I find the whole way they are doing it annoying. Why are they introducing her like this. It is so unusual and almost self destructive. It dont understand it.

:) Another good point, PJ, as to why I find this whole thing extremely bizarre. Again, as a result Marie ends up being annoying to me. In fact, I am not the only one who has this feeling towards her. The reactions to her and the interviews, photos, etc on the other boards has been somewhat the same: puzzled by her, the situtation, and some wish she would just go away already.

Last edited:
GlitteringTiaras said:
It's not strange at all. The reason why I find her annoying is her complete lack of discretion. Couldn't she have simply anwered some questions with a simple yes or no. Maybe a small statement rather than go into a whole dissertation about her relationship with him?

Well that assumes that neither Joachim nor the DRF had any input into the what she would divulge in the interview. If they approved it, it is a good chance that they discussed what she would talk about.

There are too many unanswered questions here about the whole situation; it is puzzling.

We'll probably find out more in days to come.

My question is that if she had the permission of Joachim and/or the royal family, why didn't they come out in a (more) reputable publication? Why a royal tabloid?

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonlightrhapsody said:
My question is that if she had the permission of Joachim and/or the royal family, why didn't they come out in a (more) reputable publication? Why a royal tabloid?
The Danish royal family has a tendency to use Billed-Bladet and B.T when they're being interviewed. Princess Elisabeth's 70th anniversary last year was marked with an interview in Billed Bladet and Prince Henrik's temper tantrum was ignited by an interview in B.T.

The editor of Billed Bladet recently was knighted by the Queen.

At this stage in the relationship, I'm not sure if it is right to go to the more serious Jyllandsposten/Politiken.

An interersting tidbit is that when Joachim and Marie were on their holiday together in France last year, they signed in to the hotel under the name Cavalier (sp?) which the Danish press took to mean that Joachim was being romantic, as the meaning of it in Danish would be kavaler. Now it turns out that it wasn't like that at all, and it was in fact her last name...

Lakshmi said:
I agree with moonlightrapsody. If Danish RF/Joachim gave Marie permission to talk to media she would rather not give interview to a tabloid.
There are amanzingly many similaryties between Mary and Marie.:D Names, birthdays, looks etc. I wonder if we hear something from Joachim soon. Or maybe dementi from royal palace:D :rolleyes:
Interview with Joachim from B.T: http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=428484:fid=100021711/

Joachim: Love works well.

When Marie Cavallier dreams of becoming mother to three children, she has found the right man in Joachim. Even if the Prince already has two boys, and many perhaps thought that he'd become father for the last time, he's got no plans of stopping there.

"I like children very well. Why should I then imagine that this was it?" he says to B.T. on Sunday. He underlines that it is not something that he has made a firm decision about.

"I don't go around thinking deeply and seriously about it, but neither do I walk around thinking "this is the end.""

"You can't only take those large decisions because you've been through something. But I do have two wonderful children, and it doesn't say anywhere that I can clone them," he says with his wide smile, that he's been using very much recently.

It's probably not very many Danes who don't know today who's to blame for his good mood.

Her name is Marie Cavallier, and she's been his girlfriend for about six months. Denmark first learned to know her a tiny bit this week.

Joachim, himself, is not hiding that his life is very good right now.

"Love works well. My life is well. That is it." the prince tells B.T. on Sunday.

Translated by me.

norwegianne said:
The Danish royal family has a tendency to use Billed-Bladet and B.T when they're being interviewed. Princess Elisabeth's 70th anniversary last year was marked with an interview in Billed Bladet and Prince Henrik's temper tantrum was ignited by an interview in B.T.

The editor of Billed Bladet recently was knighted by the Queen.

At this stage in the relationship, I'm not sure if it is right to go to the more serious Jyllandsposten/Politiken.

Thanks norwegianne. That makes more sense now.

Like others I was struck with Marie's resemblance to Mary. Its unusual for brothers to be attracted to the same type of girl although they may be very different once you get to know them.

ysbel said:
Like others I was struck with Marie's resemblance to Mary. Its unusual...
OK, one of them has to go blonde. Which one? :D

Warren said:
OK, one of them has to go blonde. Which one? :D

LOL Warren :D Come to think of it I don't think Joachim or Frederik have ever dated blondes.

At least its not as unusual as guys marrying girls that look like them. I've seen some husband and wife teams that look like brother and sister. Its always a little jarring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom