Prince Jean of France and Philomena de Tornos: 19 March and 2 May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the photo of the children during the ceremony! Their dresses were very sweet with the little ruffle on the top part. I would have liked to see the bride's gown without the jacket. I am curious about the top. The embroidery on the jacket was beautiful, but when everything was combined together, it was just too much, IMO.

Help to recpgnize some people:
Duc de Vendome and Philomena de Tornos Celebrate Wedding in Senlis - Pictures - Zimbio
Are they Count Thierry and a stunning Countess Katia de Limburg Stirum?

Duc de Vendome and Philomena de Tornos Celebrate Wedding in Senlis - Pictures - Zimbio
Prince Fulques d'Orleans and maybe his great-aunt Princess Teresa d'Orleans-Braganza?

Maybe Prince Charles Philippe d'Orleans, Duke of Chartres, and Princess Ileana?

Thanks!

Don't know about the first but yes to the last 2

One some photos from inside the church one can also see the grooms brother-in-law prince Gundakar of Liechtenstein. Perhaps his wife stayed with her mother.
One some others one can also see Prince Antonio of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (married to the grooms aunt Elisabeth of Württemberg) behind the Comte and Comtesse de Paris.

Thanks to all for all pictures :)
I loved the wedding gown, I would like to see it without the jacket. This is very traditional dress IMO. Tiara is also very lovely, suits perfect for honey Philomena's hair. And the veil has a nice details.
It's nice to see lot of royals and nobility. Pictures are great, groom and bride looks so happy :D
All the best for them :D

Yes , MAfan you are right for your 3 pictures
Did you notice the boots of Count Thierry's daughter , and the summer shoes of Martin of Habsbourg niece ??
How great was the Archiduchesse Robert of Habsbourg.
Why was Martin's wife not there?

It is Lorenz and Martin's sister Béatrice Comtess von Arco (?) and the girl left with her beachshoes is her daughter.
I was surprised by the elegance of the Duchesse of Orléans and happy they were to-gether.
And the sister of the late Comtesse de Paris, an old elegant lady .. great!

Question to Vincent whe he has time :
Why did the Count de Paris wear gray gloves inside the church ?
Thanks for your answer

Well, I'm not the fan of the new Princess's wedding dress. Back looks nice I think but... if she wouldn't have this bolero and blue ribbon.
Why they give her this awful (sorry) tiara? The don't have any diamond or pearl tiara?

Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that the bride's mother did not attend the civil ceremony but would be at the religious one. Why was that? Did she attend the church wedding yesterday? Is there a picture of her? Does the bride have any siblings and what are their names? Thanks in advance.

Well, I'm not the fan of the new Princess's wedding dress. Back looks nice I think but... if she wouldn't have this bolero and blue ribbon.
Why they give her this awful (sorry) tiara? The don't have any diamond or pearl tiara?
Actually both tiara and headpiece belong to Princess Philomena's family. As pointed out by Odette, "At the issue of the Point de Vue I read last week *3165, Philomena mentioned she will wear the head piece and tiara belonging to her family which have been worn by brides for the last 200 years." (see post#27) Thus, there was no reason for Prince Jean's family to offer, shall we say, a better looking tiara.

Actually both tiara and headpiece belong to Princess Philomena's family. As pointed out by Odette, "At the issue of the Point de Vue I read last week *3165, Philomena mentioned she will wear the head piece and tiara belonging to her family which have been worn by brides for the last 200 years." (see post#27) Thus, there was no reason for Prince Jean's family to offer, shall we say, a better looking tiara.
Oh yes, you're right. I completly forgot about this. Pity that her family doesn't have better tiara.
Btw. it reminds me tiara worn by Blanca Martinez de Irujo y Figueroa on her wedding day and emerald tiara of Countess of Romanones.

I thought the bride looked really beautiful. She had her own original look which is hard to do and not look really out of place. Good for her. I am probably the only one but I loved the tiara...something blue?

Strange what one of you said about the dress beeing something marie antoinette would have worn, Christian Lacroix explained that he took inspiration from the beautiful embroided silk which hangs on marie antoinette's bedroom walls in Versailles for the bolero. So you have a point.
Even more funny, is the fact that princess Philomena, with her coloured tiara, ended to look like a queen from the very early french Moyen Age, which was completely appropriate in a town like senlis where prince Jean's ancestor, Hugues Capet, was elected king of France in 987.
To tell you the truth, i was surprised at the beginning and then, i thought, this is at least something new which she likes and it suits her.
Absolutely different from the perfect classical dress with a white tiara, but after all
, it is a style, and aren't we a bit fed up with brides always looking the same ? I am.

Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that the bride's mother did not attend the civil ceremony but would be at the religious one. Why was that? Did she attend the church wedding yesterday? Is there a picture of her? Does the bride have any siblings and what are their names? Thanks in advance.

Yes she was there. In the Gallery at Sipapress there are Group photos of the bridal Couple with the brides Family as well with the grooms siblings also Prince François and princess Blanche where included. In the Church her mother was sitting next to the Count and Countess of Paris dressed (in black white).

Strange what one of you said about the dress beeing something marie antoinette would have worn, Christian Lacroix explained that he took inspiration from the beautiful embroided silk which hangs on marie antoinette's bedroom walls in Versailles for the bolero. So you have a point.
Even more funny, is the fact that princess Philomena, with her coloured tiara, ended to look like a queen from the very early french Moyen Age, which was completely appropriate in a town like senlis where prince Jean's ancestor, Hugues Capet, was elected king of France in 987.
To tell you the truth, i was surprised at the beginning and then, i thought, this is at least something new which she likes and it suits her.
Absolutely different from the perfect classical dress with a white tiara, but after all
, it is a style, and aren't we a bit fed up with brides always looking the same ? I am.

I agree completely, Vincent. It's good to see you on this site (usually I see your name on Regine's).

The tiara has a very 20th century feel to it. I don't know how I feel about it as a wedding tiara, but I think it would have been better if Philomena wore a high hair style. A tall tiara like that needs a high hairdo to be the backdrop.

i absolutely agree, the tira is XXth century and was designed by her aunt's husbans who is a pourtugueswe aristocrate; And the only proble i find in her dress is the hair do. It seems it was made by a very "local" haidresser who did not know how to build a real "chignon". Something more ambitious, would have been better and the tira could have been placed a bit more at the back.

I didn't see any picture of François d'Orléans, the count of Clermont.
Does anyone have one?

I didn't see any picture of François d'Orléans, the count of Clermont.
Does anyone have one?

In the Gallery of Sipapress there are pcitures from the reception and also some group photos will all of the grooms siblings (also Princess Blanche and prince François)

i think the wedding dress is very beautiful , i like it so much

In the Gallery of Sipapress there are pictures from the reception and also some group photos will all of the grooms siblings (also Princess Blanche and prince François)
Thank you.
This is the only one picture I found with François and Blanche. (it's picture number 296, page 15) : Sipa Press Search Results
I don't understand why we can't see him more than on only one pic (and on a group pic)...

The Orléans pretender to the title of Duke of Anjou was present with his wife. The Bourbon pretender to the title of Duke of Anjou and his wife were not present.

Josette

Claypoint ; thks, but i have been on this site foor a much longer time; I actuallly hesitated a lot before posting on regine's site. And i am not sure i will conntinue. Some comments there are a bit to personnal for my taste; I don't mean about me, i really don't mind these, they are useful, but about some people i know.
VM

I am much newer to all of this and discovered N et R before I found TRF. But, once again, I agree with you. I am a big proponent of open and frank debate, but I've found some of the personal attacks on the other site off-putting. I am no longer posting there and am not even logging on as frequently.
SG

Back
Top Bottom