Prince Hashem of Jordan and Fahdah Abunayyan: 15 April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many congratulations to the couple!!!!

I just wish we could see some pictures of her(!!)

many many congratulations to the newly wed couple.hope to see some photos of the bride soon .

Moi said:
Hi Emily,
I hope your well & I hope your kids are doing great too ...
Hi, Moi, thanx ,u are really a nice person,
I meant that , having been following JRF since KH's death, Hashim always wore western clothes, so I was just wondering what happened to him, so suddenly ......, I mean he looks so different, of course, that's only my own feeling,
as for the nikkah, we saw plenty of pix of Hamzah's nikkah, and Queen Noor, Hashim, KA, all Hamzah' sisters, were there....
That's what I meant, anyway, I still think that P. Hashim could never make ppl in Jordan forget he's half American- as hard as he tries.... KA has been criticized many times to be more westernized than Jordanian- expecially in '99 and in 2000-

best wishes

Emily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moi said:
No, I don't think they will. It was kept as a private ceremony (besides the lunch). I don't know if any pictures of the wedding will be released (I doubt they will) ... But eventually, you will know more about her ... That's all I can say for sure at the moment ... :)

Moi, do u know why did they have a very private wedding, ??????????????? KA, when he married QR, had a lavish wed party, so Hamzah, love- Emily.

I told you already we never see princess Fahda like we never see sheikha hind wife of sheikh mohamed the husband of princess Haya.

Many of you were zo optimist to see her but I was certain that we never see her. I wonder of is this because or Prince hashem self or because of the father of princess Fahda?

Last edited:
Joumana said:
I told you already we never see princess Fahda like we never see sheikha hind wife of sheikh mohamed the husband of princess Haya.

Many of you were zo optimist to see her but I was certain that we never see her. I wonder of is this because or Prince hashem self or because of the father of princess Fahda?

i think so too anyway,but not because of prince hashim...i always thought her father as a saudi - wouldnt allow to publish pictures of her.thats why i doub to see one.

closesttoheaven said:
i think so too anyway,but not because of prince hashim...i always thought her father as a saudi - wouldnt allow to publish pictures of her.thats why i doub to see one.
I think we might see a pic or 2 on May 25th,on Independence Day celebrations.
Let's hope so anyway.

closesttoheaven said:
I doubt that it is because of her father being a saudi we're not going to see a picture of her. She is a married woman now , furthemore married to a prince and living in a different country and add to all this her father is a moderate man totally supportive of his famous saudi artist wife and mother of 3 fine daughters and a young married son. I believe it is Hashim and Fahdah 's decision to keep everything private till she is used to life in Jordan and let's not forget that he is a serving army officer maybe away for most of the time and wants to protect his bride for the time being so let's give them a break and I'm sure we will see her soon ;)

tesaweer said:
I doubt that it is because of her father being a saudi we're not going to see a picture of her. She is a married woman now , furthemore married to a prince and living in a different country and add to all this her father is a moderate man totally supportive of his famous saudi artist wife and mother of 3 fine daughters and a young married son. I believe it is Hashim and Fahdah 's decision to keep everything private till she is used to life in Jordan and let's not forget that he is a serving army officer maybe away for most of the time and wants to protect his bride for the time being so let's give them a break and I'm sure we will see her soon ;)

EXACTLY ! :)

Well to be honest, that stereotype doesn't apply to any person I know of, seriously doesn't. Plus, stereotypes are just stereotypes, it doesn't really portray reality!

But I guess its easiest for people from afar to explain it that way when it comes to the pictures and so on, even though its an unfair analysis. Reality is, its a choice the couple made, I think its something people have to understand. Plus, I am sure considering everything, alot of decide to do the same.

You took the words right outta my mouth tesaweer, or should I say typed the words on behalf of my fingers? *smiles*

Well, you get the picture I am trying to paint here, I am sure.

Take Care Everyone.

Hope You're All Doing Great!

God Bless,
Moi

Last edited:
If there were pictures of the couple to be seen, someone would post them.
In the meantime it is pointless to keep making posts asking for pics.
Such posts have been, and will be, removed.

Some Royal figures choose to protect their privacy. We should respect that wish.

thanks,
Warren
Royal Forums moderator

I found this article about King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia "warning" the media against showing pictures of Saudi women. The story doesn't mention Prince Hashem or his new wife Princess Fahdah but it sheds some light on the very conservative rules about showing the faces of women in the Kingdom. I don't know if her moving to Jordan changes this and if we will eventually get to see a picture of her but here is the report from CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/05/16/saudi.media.reut/index.html. I hope this is not off topic.:)

Laviollette said:
I found this article about King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia "warning" the media against showing pictures of Saudi women. The story doesn't mention Prince Hashem or his new wife Princess Fahdah but it sheds some light on the very conservative rules about showing the faces of women in the Kingdom. I don't know if her moving to Jordan changes this and if we will eventually get to see a picture of her but here is the report from CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/05/16/saudi.media.reut/index.html. I hope this is not off topic.:)

No thing in this news related to prince Hashim , the newspeaper and magazine in saudi arabia use the picture of women to sell more , so there are people who didn't like that and they think no need to put a picture for a woman on the cover when she don't say any thing important ! , and they talked about this with the king so he did a move but that don't mean there will not be a picture for women on the news , if the king is serouies he can banned those pictures and no one can do any thing because he is the king , I did read what he said in arabic and it was very clear he is asking not commanding .

the wife of prince Hashim live in Jordan now and if she want to publish her picture she can publish it on any Jordan magazine or newspeaper :)

houri said:
No thing in this news related to prince Hashim , the newspeaper and magazine in saudi arabia use the picture of women to sell more , so there are people who didn't like that and they think no need to put a picture for a woman on the cover when she don't say any thing important ! , and they talked about this with the king so he did a move but that don't mean there will not be a picture for women on the news , if the king is serouies he can banned those pictures and no one can do any thing because he is the king , I did read what he said in arabic and it was very clear he is asking not commanding .

the wife of prince Hashim live in Jordan now and if she want to publish her picture she can publish it on any Jordan magazine or newspeaper :)

Actually, it is very related to princess fahda. It shows you how women in saudi arabia are restricted, if not prevented, from presenting themselves as public figures. Maybe p fahda's main reason for not showing herself was personal privacy, but you can not completely deny that her backround as a saudi arabian must have played a huge part in her decision.
If privacy was p fahda's only reason for not revealing herself, she would have at least appeared beside p hashem in the announcement of their engagement. The pictures of her wedding ceremony she could have kept private.

BlackBeauty said:
Actually, it is very related to princess fahda. It shows you how women in saudi arabia are restricted, if not prevented, from presenting themselves as public figures. Maybe p fahda's main reason for not showing herself was personal privacy, but you can not completely deny that her backround as a saudi arabian must have played a huge part in her decision.
If privacy was p fahda's only reason for not revealing herself, she would have at least appeared beside p hashem in the announcement of their engagement. The pictures of her wedding ceremony she could have kept private.

well , maybe what you say right and maybe wrong , because we really don't know her opinion or her reasons .

we saw a few pictures for a saudi princess in the madia so I think it is a matter of choice and for sure tradetion have a big rule in this matter , and she don't live in saudi arbia any more as I understand she is living with her husbend in Jordan she is now a jordanian princess and we know all princess in Jordan had published their picture so if she want too I don't know what could stops her .

any way , persoanlly I understand princess Fahda choice to not publishing her pictures .

from the Jordan royal family club ( and thanks to nyy_mrsnovem...) here is a picture of prince hashem and Fahdah, the women is beautiful!!! enjooooooooy!

Attachments

• 6324.jpg
    6324.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 5,930
lil Monkey said:
from the Jordan royal family club ( and thanks to nyy_mrsnovem...) here is a picture of prince hashem and Fahdah, the women is beautiful!!! enjooooooooy!

wow:eek: ;) :D she is really cute! and Prince Hashim looks like a bohemian kind of guy...cool! :)

thanks so much for the pic!

RhapsodyBrat said:
wow:eek: ;) :D she is really cute! and Prince Hashim looks like a bohemian kind of guy...cool! :)

thanks so much for the pic!

I didn't believe it was hahsem when I first saw it,but when I zoomed in and looked carefuly it sure looked like him,lol.
Yea isn't she cute and simple? :eek:

she looks like someone I know VERY WELL,i just put fahdah's pic and this girls pic next to each other, I was shocked of the resemblance...LOL

Last edited:
She is pretty :) Indeed they do make a great pair :)

Thanx a lot for posting this picture , she is really cute and prince Hashim looks cute too , I can't believe we are seeing a picture for her finally , it seems we waited for decade Loool .

hooooooooow cute he looks :D

great picture - thank you so much!
shes really beautifull!

Thank you for the picture, she is very pretty. She looks tiny next to Hashem, another Felipe and Letizia it seems!

Hashem looks a bit of a scruff, he could have dressed up for the first official photos with his wife. Or is it not an official photo?

i don't think it's an official photo. they're on their honeymoon which, just like their wedding, is a private and personal event.

i also read it on the Jordan Royal Family club at Yahoo!Groups, and the items says that this photo was taken in Peru, where they went to see Macchu Picchu. :)

RhapsodyBrat said:
i don't think it's an official photo. they're on their honeymoon which, just like their wedding, is a private and personal event.

i also read it on the Jordan Royal Family club at Yahoo!Groups, and the items says that this photo was taken in Peru, where they went to see Macchu Picchu. :)

Thanks for the explanation, RhapsodyBrat, I didn't realise it was a honeymoon shot. Nice choice of a location!

Last edited:
She is beautiful, cute pair:)
Now, I no wonder why Hashem doesn't show his wife earlier:D

lil Monkey said:

Thanks,nice catch:D

So she's not veiled as many thought,she's cute,but seems older than Hashim.

worth the wait, she's beautiful and PH looks happy. thanks for the photo

Where we least expected a picture came about. We were all focused on the Middle East and we got it from South America. Good for them to be spending their honeymoon in such marvelous place!!!

lol yep buggs, we were all focused on Jordan and we got the pic from South America,lol. lets wait and see if we will see another pic of them on May 25th.

Back
Top Bottom