Prince Harry Current Events 27: April 2013-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was seen really connecting up in Northumberland with those who waited to see him in the cold and rain. And the red squirrels, which desperately need intervention and protection, were extremely cute. As is Harry!

He was seen really connecting up in Northumberland with those who waited to see him in the cold and rain. And the red squirrels, which desperately need intervention and protection, were extremely cute. As is Harry!

Our Harry is growing up and finding his niche in the world. Its always been known that for his entire life, he wanted to be a soldier and then it was a passionate love of flying the Apache and serving active duty. After being there, doing that, and seeing the results of what can and did happen to his comrades, he's come to the realization that perhaps where he can best serve is to champion the causes to benefit his fellow servicemen.

As for the red squirrels, Harry probably got the heads up from his dad that they needed protection from their cousins that live around Highgrove. :D

He is a fitting and charismatic champion of veterans the world over. Well done Harry!

Video:
Prince Harry has paid a visit to the charity Armed Forces + Veterans Launchpad at Avondale House, in Byker, Newcastle which provides accommodation and support for Armed Forces veterans making the transition to civilian life. The Prince was shown around the residential House, which has 34 one-bedroom flats and communal facilities for leisure, training and IT services-

Home - ITNSource News

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Prince Harry to quit the armed forces later this year - UK - News - London Evening Standard

Prince Harry is to leave the armed forces this year, the Evening Standard can reveal today.

He has taken the decision to end his active military career after having served two tours of duty on the front line in Afghanistan with distinction.

Harry, 30, plans to focus on his charity work and aims to spend “a significant period abroad” on field projects in Africa. The Prince, known as Captain Harry Wales in the military, is keen to pursue his interests in “conservation and wildlife”. Until he leaves the forces and in future years, it is also believed he will focus on programmes to aid the rehabilitation of injured service personnel.

That is big news, all the very best to Harry in his endeavours.

Might be dissapointment in not doing active duty anymore. I hope all goes well for him.

This is an absolute thunderbolt! I thought Harry was happy in the Army, though not in a desk job. He wanted to lead his men in the field and that doesn't seem to be an option.

I'm glad he's coming to Australia for a while, and of course Africa has always called to him. I'm sure Harry will spend some time in Lesotho in the future. I wish him all the best, but I have to say I didn't envisage him taking this path.

How reliable is the evening standard? This seems contrary to every thing else we heard about wanting a long term career in the military. The Australia bit seems strange too. The Cambridges were just there for a big tour and even Harry was there briefly for the naval review.

Unlike his brother who would had to leave the military eventually for his royal role, Harry doesn't. Plus if he goes globe trotting even for charity, he would have UK paid security but not doing full time royal work in the UK. It seems fishy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The Telegraph reports it as well. As does the DM.

Sounds like he's about to become a full-time working member of the royal family.

To be honest, I'm really not all that surprised. After reading recently that he wishes to focus on the wounded warrior projects and knowing how much he cares for African and global conservation and Sentebale, perhaps he feels that his time would be best served focusing on these aspects full time.

Somehow this desk job he now holds, although he's probably very adept at it, doesn't seem like a job that would fulfill a man such as Harry that puts so much passion into what he does and perhaps not just taking on ranks over the years with the Blues and Royals too. He needs to be where he'll be happiest and I know whatever he does do, he'll give 150% to with charm, charisma and hijinks included. :D

I'm a bit surprised that Harry's the one giving up the service life and becoming a full time Royal. I would have thought the future king would be the one who would do that. I understood Harry planned to have a full career in the military. Mind you, Harry's the one with personality and charisma, and he's been doing a truly splendid job supporting his charitable causes in recent years. He's a natural: he oozes charm and sincerity.

Last edited:
'considering his options'- Gap year

Well, I do hope he is considering his options now whilst he is still in the army. He is too old to take a gap year unless it is something like spending a year in Africa or something.

I'm surprised at the news, like others I was sure he would continue his career in the Army. It's unsettling when news come suddenly like this. The Evening Standard is quite a reliable newspaper, I'd be surprised if they made the story up without some indications.

There's nothing official. He seems to be "considering his options."
BBC News - Prince Harry 'considering options over Army career'

If I were British, it would bother me if he lived abroad for awhile. I suppose though, the fact is that he's a wealthy young man who doesn't have an official role. Technically, he exists as a back-up plan in case something happens to his older brother. Cynical, perhaps, but true.

It wouldn't bother me at all if Henry went abroad with a clear objective and told people why he was going.

What bothered me about William's "gap year" is that nothing actually happened and nobody knew what was going on.

Oh, I did not see that one coming! Hopefully he can do more work in Africa, especially with Sentebale!

Well, perhaps he will make a genuine effort to find a suitable wife. He wishes to be married and have children, and he can't do that without finding a willing partner. Go, Harry!

I have long accustomed myself to the idea that Prince Harry may choose to make a life doing good works in a continent he clearly adores, Africa. As a second son, and with the succession assured, he is in a position to do so, and [altho domestically] Britain and the Windsors would miss him and his undoubted talents, I'd rather that than another wasted 'spare' existence, like Princess Margaret..
Additionally I think he might achieve incredible things in that benighted continent, and in some small way compensate for the manifest wrongs we Brits have inflicted there...
Most of all I think he may find happiness there.

I have long accustomed myself to the idea that Prince Harry may choose to make a life doing good works in a continent he clearly adores, Africa. As a second son, and with the succession assured, he is in a position to do so, and [altho domestically] Britain and the Windsors would miss him and his undoubted talents, I'd rather that than another wasted 'spare' existence, like Princess Margaret..
Additionally I think he might achieve incredible things in that benighted continent, and in some small way compensate for the manifest wrongs we Brits have inflicted there...
Most of all I think he may find happiness there.

Agree with this but I have one real concern. security.

He is a real target for terrorists as both a member of the BRF and having seen active service against the Taliban.

How this is to be managed and paid for will develop into an issue IF he chooses to live abroad and not undertake home duties..

I dont have the answer but it must always be a consideration for the BRF.

I think we'll see Harry take on more official royal duties and his charitable projects.

I think we need a new thread on the future of Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom