Prince Harry Current Events 20: May-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Harry is deployed, they will not be able to call or text each other daily, so that may put a strain on the relationship.
The involvement of the Well Child charity, which provides care and support for sick children and their families, comes through Harry's role as the organisation's royal patron - a position he took on in March this year.
It is wonderful that Harry supports Well Child, sick children get the care and support they need to get well.

Last edited by a moderator:
cowarth said:
If Harry is deployed, they will not be able to call or text each other daily, so that may put a strain on the relationship.
He will still be able to text/email Chelsy in his free time, more than once a day if he 'befriends' the Americans or Canadians! :D

cowarth said:
If Harry is deployed over seas, do you think his girl friend will wait for him to come home? Do you think Harry could survive a long distance relationship?

As the relationship has always been a long distance one I wonder whether it would survive not being a long distance relationship i.e. if they live in the same country and can see each other daily, or at least weekly, will the relationship last?

I thought there were security restrictions regarding when soldiers could communicate with the outside world?

If they are on base, in their free time or by arrangement, they can text/email and web cam. The only time it is restricted for UK troops is when there has been a death and all signals are blanked.:neutral:

chrissy57 said:
As the relationship has always been a long distance one I wonder whether it would survive not being a long distance relationship i.e. if they live in the same country and can see each other daily, or at least weekly, will the relationship last?
How true.... I never thought of it. You're right. Harry and Chelsy have always had such a different situation than Kate and William, who lived in the same quarters for so long, in each other's face all the time. Maybe that is why Harry and Chelsy have so much chemistry and spark, while "friends" have said (according to the tabs) that Kate and Wills seemed like "an old married couple"!:lol:

How has it been since Chelsy moved to the UK?

Fine, we would assume since we haven't heard anything about trouble in the relationship.

Being deployed to hostile place is a lot different than having along distance because you live in different countries. Since in the second the one neither person is in any danger whereas in the first one of the people is in great danger some of the time and lesser danger at all pther times. There is the also the fact that war can change a persons peraonality or how they feel about a girlfriend/wife or whatever.

I think there relationship will grow since they now live in the same country.

Avalon said:
I understand the feelings of the relatives of those in the army - their sons/daughters are more precious for them then all the kings, Queen, Princes and Princesses put together.
But I think it's utterly unfair to blame the RF (especially Prince Harry) and even the Army for this decision - they didn't have much choice, did they? It's not about Harry's safety or his life's value, it's about the safety of the other people and also best interests to the country (it would be poor service if he got caught).

Personally I blame the Media and the entire fuss they created around Harry's deployment. They gave out too many details (and would give more, should he be deployed) and they created quite a good advertising for the insurgents.

I don't entirely blame the media tbh. I think that if Harry had gone over to Iraq the insurgents have enough supporters that someone would have told them where is was. I personally am sorry that he is not going. I wonder what will happen to his military career now?

Wars are dangerous and he can't be stopped from being deployed whenever there is fighting going on.

cowarth said:
I think there relationship will grow since they now live in the same country.

One reason why I suspect the opposite is that now she will really have to deal with the full glare of the British tabloid press. And there is no girlfriend on William's arm to deflect some of that glare.

In the past Kate has always been there and a story about Kate would take precedence but now Chelsy will have to be 'the one'.

I wonder if she will really be prepared to accept that intrusion, without the ability to hide in safety in South Africa when Harry wasn't around. Now she will be the focus on an almost permanent basis.

I feel sure that William and Harry would really like some other story to take the public's mind off their love-lives for awhile - e.g. Zara or Peter getting married and giving the Queen a great-grandchild.

Elspeth said:
I wonder why it didn't occur to these people to do this right from the start. Can it really have been incompetence, or what on earth were they thinking? They must know what the press is like where the young royals are concerned, and minor considerations like national security wouldn't have made any difference to them.

Yes, but i guess that would be asking or expecting too much **rolls eyes**

Harry and Davy are not going to get engaged, her father has to many questionable business connections, for the palace to allow Harry to get serious with Davy.

Harry isn't marrying Chelsy's father so I don't think it's a problem. And besides, 'the Palace' is an inanimate building with no right of approval. The only approval he needs is from his grandmother and unless I've missed the interview she gave saying she wouldn't let Harry marry Chelsy because of her daddy, I think it's a little premature to say that they won't ever get engaged.

The "palace" means not the building but in this case the Queen and Charles. They are not the only ones who okay it. If they were too get engaged before Harry's 25 than the Parlement has to okay and of course if he is 25 years old or older than the engagement would have be okayed by Privy Council.

kpusa1981 said:
The "palace" means not the building but in this case the Queen and Charles. They are not the only ones who okay it. If they were too get engaged before Harry's 25 than the Parlement has to okay and of course if he is 25 years old or older than the engagement would have be okayed by Privy Council.

I think you are incorrect.

My understanding of the RMA is that they need the Queen's approval until they are over 25. Once over 25 they can notify Parliament of the desire to marry and, if, after one year, neither house raises any objection they can marry without the monarch's approval. They don't need to ask Parliament if they have the monarch's approval. The monarch, having given that approval, will notify the Privy Council.

Charles, could in theory, not approve of a marriage of one of his sons during the reign of the present monarch.

cowarth said:
Harry and Davy are not going to get engaged, her father has to many questionable business connections, for the palace to allow Harry to get serious with Davy.

Well the Dutch let their crown Prince marry someone whose father was suspected of doing bad things..

The fact is that Chelsea has no control over her father's actions/who her father was, and I think it would be pretty terrible on part of the Royal family to hold her responsible. Besides something tells me that Harry if he wants to marry her will marry her, even if it means giving up his place in succession.

Harry and Chelsy will mary if both of them last and want to further their committment. I highly doubt the Windsor House is in any positions to object on moral grounds. Prince Philip family were nazi members and supporters, the Duke of Windsor who gave up his crown was also a supporter, not to mention the history that is British Monarchy. Besides, most of Chelsy's family wealth comes from her mother whose father has extensive real state property all over South Africa.

If Crown Prince of Holand can mary a woman whose father was directly linked to a deadly dictatorship from a foreign land, I doubt Chelsy's background would be blamed on her by the public.

chrissy57 said:
I think you are incorrect.

My understanding of the RMA is that they need the Queen's approval until they are over 25. Once over 25 they can notify Parliament of the desire to marry and, if, after one year, neither house raises any objection they can marry without the monarch's approval. They don't need to ask Parliament if they have the monarch's approval. The monarch, having given that approval, will notify the Privy Council.

Charles, could in theory, not approve of a marriage of one of his sons during the reign of the present monarch.

So, then if Charles doesn't give his approval, they can't go to Parliament after 25?

HRH Kimetha said:
So, then if Charles doesn't give his approval, they can't go to Parliament after 25?

That wasn't the point. The point was that the official approval comes from the monarch and he isn't monarch.

If he not not approve, but the Queen did, there would be no legal impediments.

Last edited:
Prince Harry may still get a chance to see action

Prince Harry could still fulfil his dream of serving in a war zone after Army chiefs drew up plans for him to serve with UK forces in Afghanistan this summer.

Prince Harry may still get a chance to see action | the Daily Mail

The Ginger Pimpernel: Prince Harry Is Everywhere

IS that really Prince Harry on his own in a Bristol nightclub? (Pic: The Spine)

The Sun thinks so, inviting readers to observe “Harry no-mates” as he takes in the sights and smells of Bristol’s Syndicate nightspot.

The Ginger Pimpernel: Prince Harry Is Everywhere » Big Brother Celebrity News & Gossip : Anorak

Prince Harry the movie?

Prince Harry's life story is to be turned into a Bond-style action film, according to reports.

Prince Harry the movie? - Yahoo! Movies UK

Last edited:
selrahc4 said:
That wasn't the point. The point was that the official approval comes from the monarch and he isn't monarch.

If he not not approve, but the Queen did, there would be no legal impediments.

However, how I interpret what chrissy57 said, "My understanding of the RMA is that they need the Queen's approval until they are over 25. Once over 25 they can notify Parliament of the desire to marry and, if, after one year, neither house raises any objection they can marry without the monarch's approval. They don't need to ask Parliament if they have the monarch's approval. The monarch, having given that approval, will notify the Privy Council. Charles, could in theory, not approve of a marriage of one of his sons during the reign of the present monarch."
that if Charles doesn't approve of the marriage, the sons would have to go to Parliament, if they are over 25, behind their father's back? Or, through the monarch?

Probably so simple explanation, but I still don't get it.

Anyway, what if both the monarch and Prince Charles doesn't want a marriage and the Prince's are over 25, will asking Parliament still be legal to do EVEN if both the reigning monarch and prince decides they are against the marriage?

HRH Kimetha said:
Probably so simple explanation, but I still don't get it.

Anyway, what if both the monarch and Prince Charles doesn't want a marriage and the Prince's are over 25, will asking Parliament still be legal to do EVEN if both the reigning monarch and prince decides they are against the marriage?
If the Queen agrees and Charles says no, Harry or William can still get married.
If the Queen says no, they have to wait until they are 25 and ask parliament, both houses must agree to the marriage.
While the Queen is alive and the monarch, Charles has no legal say in the matter.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
If the Queen agrees and Charles says no, Harry or William can still get married.
If the Queen says no, they have to wait until they are 25 and ask parliament, both houses must agree to the marriage.
While the Queen is alive and the monarch, Charles has no legal say in the matter.

Just one more question, what will happen if the Parliament says no but the Queen gives her permission? :)

Avalon said:
Just one more question, what will happen if the Parliament says no but the Queen gives her permission? :)
If the Queen has said yes, parliament wouldn't even be asked. :flowers:

So his only option would be to get the Queen drunk enough to sign on the dotted line! :D

Last edited:
Now everything seems to be clear, to me at least.
Thanks for claryfing Skdragon! :flowers:

The Princes will have many opportunities then - some time around Christmas would be the best. :D

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
If the Queen has said yes, parliament wouldn't even be asked. :flowers:

So his only option would be to get the Queen drunk enough to sign on the dotted line! :D
Not even if Harry were under 25.

Avalon said:
Now everything seems to be clear, to me at least.
Thanks for claryfing Skdragon! :flowers:

The Princes will have many opportunities then - some time around Christmas would be the best. :D

Or maybe around Ascot time, especially if one of HM's horses has just won. :ROFLMAO:

kpusa1981 said:
Not even if Harry were under 25.
It is only if the Queen is against the marriage, that Harry would have to wait until he is 25 and ask for consent from both houses. So if he asked to get married now and the Queen said yes, parliament would not be asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom