Prince Gustaf Adolf (1906-1947) - King Carl XVI Gustaf's Father

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A very nice photo of the happy couple in the 1930's

Attachments

• gustafsweden1906_8.jpg
    gustafsweden1906_8.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 454
1930's

Attachments

• Prins_Gustaf_Adolf_3.jpg
    Prins_Gustaf_Adolf_3.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 376
1930's

from IBL

Attachments

• Prins_Gustav_Adolf_1906___47_och_Sibylla_2.jpg
    Prins_Gustav_Adolf_1906___47_och_Sibylla_2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,172

The Distribution of the Nobel Prizes of 1936. Stockholm, Sweden: The Royal Family, from left Prince Carl, Prince Carl [senior], Prince Gustaf Adolf, Gustaf V, the King, Prince Wilhelm and Prince Eugen. 1936.

SF37173.jpg

Sweden's Crown Prince Gustav Adolph, his wife Princess Sibylla, and their young daughter Princess Margaretha watch a rehearsal of the Trooping of the Color, for the King's Birthday, from a window. I wonder what's with the Prince eye?

HU034402.jpg

I will continue tomorrow. I hope that you enjoyed the photos so far.

They are all wonderful! Thank you so much for your contribution!

-Julia

Originally posted by Devin@Dec 29 2002, 04:13 PM

Sweden's Crown Prince Gustav Adolph, his wife Princess Sibylla, and their young daughter Princess Margaretha watch a rehearsal of the Trooping of the Color, for the King's Birthday, from a window. I wonder what's with the Prince eye?
He was never Crown Prince. His father, Gustav VI Adolf, didn't succeed to the throne until 1950, when he'd been dead for 3 years. And they spell it "Adolf". He was Prins Gustav Adolf or maybe Arveprins (Hereditary Prince) if Sweden has this title.

And I think that's a monocle he's wearing.

They look like a lovely couple. It's sad that they had to die before they had the chance to become king and queen. Did they die in a car accident or something else?

He died in 1947 in a plane crash in Denmark. She died in 1972 in Sweden. I don't know what she died of, but it wasn't a car crash.

Originally posted by kelly9480+Dec 30 2002, 03:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kelly9480 @ Dec 30 2002, 03:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Devin@Dec 29 2002, 04:13 PM

He was never Crown Prince. His father, Gustav VI Adolf, didn't succeed to the throne until 1950, when he'd been dead for 3 years. And they spell it "Adolf". He was Prins Gustav Adolf or maybe Arveprins (Hereditary Prince) if Sweden has this title.

And I think that's a monocle he's wearing.[/b][/quote]
:shock: I KNOW THAT HE NEVER BECAME A CROWNPRINCE. I KNOW ALL THAT AND SOME MESSAGES ARE COPIED FROM CORBIS!!!!!!!!
AND AS YOU PEOPLE CAN SEE IN MY FIRST MESSAGE IT IS CLEARLY WRITTEN GUSTAF ADOLF AND NO SHE DIDN'T DIE IN A CAR ACCIDENT SHE DIED OF BLOODCANCER 1972!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Princely family, circa 1938
from left: Princess Désirée, Princess Sibylla, Princess Margareta, Princess Birgitta and Prince Gustaf Adolf.

Attachments

• Prinsfamiljen_p__Haga_2.jpg
    Prinsfamiljen_p__Haga_2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 431
1930's

The Prince armed with a rifle, off to a pheasant hunt at Drottningholm.

SF36862.jpg

Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten next to his horse

HU034403.jpg

Prince Gustaf Adolf of Sweden, (1906-1947), and his wife Princess Sibylla of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha, (1908-1972), are shown.

SF36864.jpg

Originally posted by Devin@Dec 30 2002, 11:43 AM
:shock: I KNOW THAT HE NEVER BECAME A CROWNPRINCE. I KNOW ALL THAT AND SOME MESSAGES ARE COPIED FROM CORBIS!!!!!!!!
AND AS YOU PEOPLE CAN SEE IN MY FIRST MESSAGE IT IS CLEARLY WRITTEN GUSTAF ADOLF AND NO SHE DIDN'T DIE IN A CAR ACCIDENT SHE DIED OF BLOODCANCER 1972!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's no need to scream. There's nothing wrong with correcting Corbis' captions. But if you post the wrong thing, regardless of where you get it, ppl are naturally going to comment.

The Haga-couple, 30's

-IBL

Attachments

• Prins_Gustav_Adolf_1906___47_och_Sibylla.jpg
    Prins_Gustav_Adolf_1906___47_och_Sibylla.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 675
Originally posted by kelly9480+Dec 30 2002, 01:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kelly9480 @ Dec 30 2002, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Devin@Dec 30 2002, 11:43 AM
There's no need to scream. There's nothing wrong with correcting Corbis' captions. But if you post the wrong thing, regardless of where you get it, ppl are naturally going to comment.[/b][/quote]
Yes there is, I wanted to assure that some of the information wasn't written by me that's all. BTW I'm terribly sorry for you ears :p

The Prince hold a inaugural speech in Eksjö, 1938

Attachments

• Prins_Gustaf_Adolf_1938_i_Eksj_.jpg
    Prins_Gustaf_Adolf_1938_i_Eksj_.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 579
The happy couple in the beginning of the 40's

Attachments

• GUSTAV_ADOLF___SIBYLLA_OF_SWEDEN.jpg
    GUSTAV_ADOLF___SIBYLLA_OF_SWEDEN.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 379

Realistic Anti-Air Manoeuvres With Total Blackout Over East Sweden. Eskilstuna, Sweden: Prince Gustaf Adolf of Sweden and District Governor at Eskilstuna, Mr. Hammarskjold, photographed at the anti-air manoeuvres over east Sweden.

SF37196.jpg

Prince Gustaf Adolf, photographed at the anti-air manoeuvres over Sweden.

Attachments

• Prins_Gustaf_Adolf_1941_vid_en_luftskydds_vning.jpg
    Prins_Gustaf_Adolf_1941_vid_en_luftskydds_vning.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 697

Not a very good shot of the Prince but still suitable. Original caption: King George Receives Boy Scout Head. London: Shown at a reception given by King George at Buckingham Palace for members of the Boy Scouts' International Committee are, left to right: Dr. James E. West, Chief Scout of the Boy Scouts of America; King George; and Prince Gustaf Adolf of Sweden.

U778717ACME.jpg

This is the last photo I got of the prince, If I find some new I post them right away. And if you have some photos of the Prince please post them.
This is one of the last group-photos of the Haga-family in 1946.
From left: Princess Sibylla holding the couples little new born Prince Carl Gustaf (XVI), Princess Birgitta, Princess Christina, Princess Désirée, Princess Margareta and Prince Gustaf Adolf. A couple of months later the Prince died.

Attachments

• Kungafamiljen_med_Carl_Gustaf.jpg
    Kungafamiljen_med_Carl_Gustaf.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 739
oh, I forgot this one
From Left: Prince Gustaf Adolf, Crown Prince Gustaf Adolf and King Gustaf (V) holding his great grandchild in his knees.

Attachments

• gustafsweden1906_9.jpg
    gustafsweden1906_9.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 899
...and this one :huh:
Prince Gustaf Adolf and Princess Sibylla holding Prince Carl Gustaf otherwise it's Christina. 1946 or 1943.

Attachments

• nyf_dd_prins_eller_prinsessa_2.jpg
    nyf_dd_prins_eller_prinsessa_2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 398
Devin, thanks for all of your news and pics from Sweden! I really enjoy looking at and hearing about the Swedish royals....thank you!
Julia

Prince Gustaf Adolf and Princess Sibylla

Attachments

• GA1.jpg
    GA1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 462
Prince Gustaf Adolf and Princess Sibylla (Devin has already posted this but this one is without Corbis Text)

Attachments

• GA2.jpg
    GA2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 403
Prince Gustaf Adolf

Attachments

• GA3.jpg
    GA3.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 663
Prince Gustaf Adolf with his family

Attachments

• GA4.jpg