Prince George of Cambridge, General News 1: December 2014-May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no indication that the Cambridges didn't go to Sandringham for the main family event-opening presents and dinner on Christmas Eve.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Think I read that Will and Kate went but George was home with Carole which would make sense if is was a night time event. But I don't know if that's true or where I read it

I think that the DM makes up things after they have made certain observations, so the reader says, you know, it must be true, because I have seen or not seen A, B and C.

I thought Will and Kate did spend some time with Will's side on Christmas, but they did miss out on some main events. Couple that with a Christmas or two when they were not there at all, down at Bucklebury the entire time.

I just don't think Will is that close to Charles, I don't think he has been for quite some time. I think he prefers the informality of the Middletons.

I have to agree with the poster who pointed out that other royal grandchildren are photographed with grandparents, why have we never seen a photo of Charles with George, or the Queen and DoE with George?

As far as Charles missing out on George's first birthday, IMO, that was badly done. However, it seems fairly obvious that Charles does not "inconvenience" himself for anyone. I do think he is a rather selfish person. I suspect that his expectations would be that George is brought to see HIM.

The only thing that W&K skipped was the prechurch early morning communion and the post church Christmas lunch. Going back to lunch at Amner is totally reasonable especially if they spent Christmas Eve with the royals doing their main celebration.

Most families split time between the 2 sides at the holidays or alternate year to year.

Regards to no photos of George and Charles. We have seen photos with only his parents and Lupo. So using the logic of photos equals relationship, George doesn't have any relationships other than his parents and dog because there are no photos of him with his Middleton grandparents, Aunt Pippa, Uncles James & Harry, godparents, cousins & great grandparents.

The only thing that W&K skipped was the prechurch early morning communion and the post church Christmas lunch. Going back to lunch at Amner is totally reasonable especially if they spent Christmas Eve with the royals doing their main celebration.

Most families split time between the 2 sides at the holidays or alternate year to year.

Regards to no photos of George and Charles. We have seen photos with only his parents and Lupo. So using the logic of photos equals relationship, George doesn't have any relationships other than his parents and dog because there are no photos of him with his Middleton grandparents, Aunt Pippa, Uncles James & Harry, godparents, cousins & great grandparents.

Not quite - there would be no reason to release photos of George with his Middleton relatives (who I am positive have tons of photos with them as they are close knit -nothing wrong with that, in fact it's fine). But to have no photos of him with the Queen, Charles - he is an heir; photos of them together have historical significance and the public would want to see them.

We saw picture of George and Charles alone. And we didn't see pictures of George and Michael or George and Carol.

No photos of them released. This isn't Sweden. The BRF hardly releases any photos at all. Sometimes on special anniversaries or birthdays but that's it.

George has followed the path similar to other royals at his age.

I don't see photos of Mia Tindall and Princess Anne but that doesn't mean they don't exist

Last edited:
Exactly the BRFs hardly ever releases photos so to use the lack of photos as proof of no relationship between George and Charles isn't sound.

There is a photograph of Charles holding Prince George during his Christening, but they just didn't officially release the picture with the others. I don't understand why they didn't do so. You would think it would be good to see the future King holding his first grandchild. Sometimes the British royals and palace officials puzzle me.

No photos of them released. This isn't Sweden. The BRF hardly releases any photos at all. Sometimes on special anniversaries or birthdays but that's it.

George has followed the path similar to other royals at his age.

I don't see photos of Mia Tindall and Princess Anne but that doesn't mean they don't exist

I have seen photos of Anne pushing Mia in her pram at horse events etc

Those are pap photos not officially released. The chances of Charles being papped with George are slim to none. Where would it happen, Waitrose?

Those are pap photos not officially released. The chances of Charles being papped with George are slim to none. Where would it happen, Waitrose?

I never said they were official !

For me this is the bottom line. The royals don't officially release photos, except on rare occasions. The 'lack' of photos of Charles and George follows the pattern of the BRF. So they either never talk to one another and avoid each other or photos are taken and just not released.

I believe photos are taken and just not released but to each their own

I have seen video of the Queen playing with William at Harry's christening and her taking her grandchildren on a horse ride. So this "no photos released " is new to this generation. I'm not saying it's because of family problems
But you cant say The BRF don't do it. It's most likely because William doesn't want it

I've looked back at William's first 18 months and George is almost no different as far as photos. By my count we've seen one more of Prince George.

I'm still amazed at the amount of time George was in front of the cameras on his trip to Aus and NZ but not seen at all in England.

I've already given my opinion on this. George looks the same in Aus as he does in England.

With a pop of 70 plus million people, at any given time there would only be a miniscule percentage of people who see him in person anyway. Everybody else must look at him online or in newspaper.

But the photos were taken in Aus where he was front and center. I'm not complaining it was great having him here but I was surprised

Front and centre? Maybe we watched two different tours haha.

I lived in England for 17 years and didn't see any royal up close and in person.

Front and centre? Maybe we watched two different tours haha.

I lived in England for 17 years and didn't see any royal up close and in person.

Well I guess if you don't go where they are you won't see them. I have seen the Queen, Diana my family have seen Queen princes Anne Kate

So have I, both in Britain and Australia. Queen, Prince Philip, Charles, Diana, Anne plus Kate and William and George when they went to Sydney. I can remember going to see the royal family at Sandringham from the time I was quite small.

Getting back to George, however, the Queen went to see him when he was briefly at Nottingham Cottage before the family disappeared to the Middletons' home for weeks, didn't she? She reputedly said something like he was 'enormous,' and he was certainly a big baby!

Charles could have called in then but apparently didn't. Harry went to see him regularly, because on one of his public engagements he said George was in the bath and smiled at him for the first time when he had last seen him. Apparently before that each time he'd called in George was either crying or asleep!

For me this is the bottom line. The royals don't officially release photos, except on rare occasions. The 'lack' of photos of Charles and George follows the pattern of the BRF. So they either never talk to one another and avoid each other or photos are taken and just not released.

I believe photos are taken and just not released but to each their own

What pattern? There has always been pictures of the royals with their grandchildren released. The official photo of Charles & George wasn't released, and I think that was just odd. We only got to see a picture of the two when Charles did a YouTube video and the picture was captured on video.

But isn't that the most important thing? A picture exists of just Charles and George we didn't know about.

If one exists than there are possibly two or maybe three.

Maybe Charles is sensitive to the fact Camilla can't be included in photos and didn't want to release a picture of just him and George to the public.

Whatever the reason, a christening photo exists.

Besides the photos taken during christenings, I don't recall seeing many official photos of the Queen and her grandchildren (while they were babies). It seems most of the official photos of the Queen and her grandchildren were taken when they were older. I could be wrong though.

It might also be a generational thing. The younger generation just isn't into it. Has Anne relased any official photos of her with her grandchildren?

Besides the photos taken during christenings, I don't recall seeing many official photos of the Queen and her grandchildren (while they were babies). It seems most of the official photos of the Queen and her grandchildren were taken when they were older. I could be wrong though.

It might also be a generational thing. The younger generation just isn't into it. Has Anne relased any official photos of her with her grandchildren?

There are many pictures of The Queen and Prince Philip with their grandchildren.

There hasn't been any official pictures of Anne with her grandchildren released, but there are plenty pictures of her with them on family outings.

Are we were talking about officially released photos, or just photos taken when they're out and about?

There are of course plenty of photos of the Queen and her grandchildren during events. Just like there will be plenty of photos of George and Charles when George starts attending official events.

We very rarely see photos of Charles during his down time, so I don't expect to see any family outing photos of him with George.

Last edited:
Sergeant Craig Rowland, who is with the Royal Logistics Corps gave William some crayons for Prince George and a bib for the new baby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom