Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 4: September 2006-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the shock when people see the real woman (well as real as botox will allow). As some have said, it is time she realised she is a minor royal, which is why she performs no official engagements. :whistling:
LOL ~ It's true, tho. These ppl don't realize photoshopping only enhances Photos! A friend of a friend had that experince when meeting Nicole Kidman at a charity event. Ms. Kidman (who I think looks wretched even in photos) showed up and the collective gasp was practically audible. The friend said she looks like an old woman in real life. It was very awkward.

As for Pss Michael, the photo of them would have looked so much better if things had been left well enough alone. Liek I said, she's not an unattractive woman, but she looks like a woman her age as well she should.

Pic 27.6.2008

Princess Michael of Kent watches from the Royal Box on
Centre Court during the Wimbledon Championships 2008
- Day 5 - at the All England Tennis Club in Wimbledon,
June 27, 2008

----> Pic

Pics 3.7.2008

Prince Michael of Kent on Day 2 of the Royal Regatta Henley
Royal Regatta, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, Britain - 03 Jul

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

It's traditional for Royals to mark anniversaries and birthdays with formal portraits where they are wearing tiaras etc and Princess Michael is not unique, even among the "minor" Royals, in doing so. (ie Totally agree with Beatrixfan in relation to the Gloucesters having had numerous photos taken of themselves in regalia over the years. They may have a reputation for being low key but I have always wondered how much of that was their choice as I personally think that they love being Royal and they have certainly been Royally photographed more than all of the Kent family combined. But that is another story. As I said, I love this kind of thing anyway so I am not complaining.) In fact I am sure that most Royal watchers enjoy this side of things and am grateful to all the Queen's cousins for providing us with such images over the years as her immediate family seem to have all but given up when it comes to puting on a "show" as it were. The European Royal families are not at all shy about wearing their tiaras, orders ect on all sorts of occasions thus frequently creating a truly glittering and majestic display whilst in Britain these days anything similar is only on offer at the odd State Banquet. I can't understand this less formal approach as those who are against the Monarchy are against it anyway and the Royals are only making their supporters less inspired by such a dumbed down approach, IMO. So well done Princess M for providing some much missed Royal magic among the U.K. Royals.

P.S. I coudn't care less what the Daily Mail think as they don't seem to have a good word to say about any member of the Royal Family no matter what the circumstances.

Last edited:
giov,
Special thanks for posting photos!:flowers:
The couple looked amazing as usual: happy and relaxed.

Pics 13.7.2008

Prince Michael of Kent attends the Cartier Style et Luxe Concours
at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on July 13, 2008 in Goodwood,
England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I like Princess Michael and I enjoyed seeing some of the pics posted here that I've not seen before. IMO, the anniversary portrait looks terrific. It's formal, but not excessively so because Prince Michael's pose is a bit relaxed. I think it's perfectly natural for a woman to want to look her best (especially for a portrait of this nature) and this lady certainly does, quite consistently.

Pics 26.7.2008

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent at the wedding of Lady Rosanagh
Viola Alexandra Innes-Kerr to Viscount Grimston, Kelso Parish Church,
Scotland, Britain - 26 Jul 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Prince and Princess Michael looked great as usual. Princess Michale's outfit was intricately golden-light blue. I like the way she styled her hair and incorporated the matching flower fascinator. Also it is nice to see that the Duke of Roxburghe's daughter has found her love within the same social stratum.

Al bina...

I agree. Princess Michael looks great, as always. I like her preference for larger jewelry as it looks very flattering on her.

My goodness, Lady Rosanagh has grown up since we saw her as Prince Andrew's chief bridesmaid!

Another non-story from the Daily Mail. Prince Michael in "Female friend at ballet shock!" hardly has me rocking in my Royal watching shoes. It's sort of like they'd (the Mail) like to catch him in bed with another woman but in the meantime a female companion at the ballet will do. The Daily Mail might hate Princess M but they cannot force a marraige break-up either here or between Charles and Camilla, as much at it seems it would love to.

Wasn´t Princess Michael the one that had to be told not to send her social engagements to the Court Circular as she wasn´t on the civil list? I agree that she looks good always and the photograph is beautiful but that is more to the credit of the photographer and retouching than to anything else. Like the portraits of old, this is very flattering. She is married to a cousin of the Queen, she has got noble ancestors but she has always thought herself more important than she really is, at least from my point of view.
On the other hand I think that Prince Michael is a good looking man for his age. He was always one of the most handsome in his family. His daughter, at least in her photographs, is beautiful.

One thing I'd like to add on the airbrushing on that official portait, Princess Michael forgot to order more work done on her right arm....it looks slightly wider than the left arm which being in the foreground, should look bigger in comparison. The CGI team should have been able to trim down the scale while brushing out the wrinkles. The extra work might cost a bit extra, of course.:rolleyes:

That was exactly my first thought as well. There's too much detail in this article to ignore, I think.:flowers:
I wonder.
And wouldn't that be his right? I'm not condoning any affairs, my ex did a number on me so I understand being the injured party. But what was good for the goose--MC--wouldn't that be good for the gander??
And if she was so obsessed by money as that article suggests in the daily mail, for goodness sake, why wouldn't she EARN it??

These two have been making news for so long! Then they strike those official poses that make one wonder if they know the word is out..........

BTW Russo sorry for trouble with the ex......

Oh no worries, Odette! Everybody knows the leg tossing story so I'm Jake! :D
Do you think that they have been together so long (like you said) that they are just hungry for publicity? Like that old adage: NO publicity is BAD publicity?

She has a reputation of being 'grander" than the Queen in her demeanor and airs. Once she said that she was the most noble of anyone who entered the family, since Prince Philip (Actually she may even be correct)

Still no matter what pecadillos those two are rumoured to be engaging in, when it is time for an official portrait, they are pulling all the stops........

What about that leg tossing?? I do not know anything about it....:bang:

What about that leg tossing?? I do not know anything about it....:bang:
I will meet you in the chat room at 4 pm PST (7 EST) if you want to dish about it.:D

I have heard that about her lineage, also I read her bio. about, hmm, 15 years ago?? But there has always been distention about the current royals, I remember reading that Marina of Kent was quotes as saying "I have more purple blood in my veins than those little Scotch girls."

Princess Marina was probably right but I don´t know about Marie Christine. I must pop over to geneall.net and have a look.

You need to tell me how to get into the chat room.......
Well, there was always a lot of "love" for newcomers. :wub:There are a lot of old royals who'd be spinning in their graves if they could see who qualifies for royal these days.........:bang::bang:

Marina of Kent... Do you mean Prince Michael's mother? If you do, I have to say that their family blood is "bluer" than ...
Princess Marina was probably right but I don´t know about Marie Christine. I must pop over to geneall.net and have a look.
According to BeatrixFan, Princess Michael has got a royal blood (see post#38 in this thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom