Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 2: October 2005-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia

Attachments

• UK Prince Michael of Kent.jpg
    UK Prince Michael of Kent.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
Her Royal Highness Princess of Kent attends the 5th International Decor Week opened in the Central Artist's House in Krymsky Val.

Attachments

• 42-15881241.jpg
    42-15881241.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 440
thank you Warren. isn't it totally the same with his brother's(Duke of Kent)?

The Duke of Kent has essentially the same arms as his younger brother, except the anchors and crosses are reversed. Same thing with the current Duke of Gloucester and his elder brother - the labels were reversed. You can't have the exact same arms as another living person.

kelly9480 said:
The Duke of Kent has essentially the same arms as his younger brother, except the anchors and crosses are reversed. Same thing with the current Duke of Gloucester and his elder brother - the labels were reversed. You can't have the exact same arms as another living person.

then i must get a wrong picture of the Duke of Kent's coat of arms-.-

i'm collecting pictures of the BRF's coat of arms, so far i've the following

Queen Mother
the Queen&Prince Philip,
Charles, Camilla, Diana, William, Harry,
Prince Andrew
Countess of Wessex
princess alexandra of Kent

can you tell me where to find the rest? thanks.

Last edited:
This shows the marks of cadency in the family, to show what to look for.

Princess Anne's standard is here. Her arms would look the same, except on a shield and surrounded by the garter.

For those of you in the New York area...
"Royals and Their Pets" will be broadcast on Channel 13 on Monday evening / Tues morning 1:30 - 2:30 a.m. While it covers that general topic, the last part of the show features Princess Michael at Nether Lypiatt w/her cats.

thanks kelly&Elspeth.
but aren't standards different from coat of arms? coat of arms have the supporters, motto and everything?

First interview of the Princess since the Sheik scandal

Here an interesting interview with the Princess. The article is IMO quite objective, very informative and well written (even through you can guess through some nasty undertones that the journalist is not a fan of the Princess...:rolleyes: ).
Anyway, she seems very naive to me when she talks about the Sheik. I would like to hear your opinions on that.

From the Observer

An audience with Princess Michael

Having successfully dealt with the tangled love life of Henri II of France, Princess Michael of Kent now discusses her royal neighbours, the pleasures of laser treatment and being charmed by an undercover reporter. Tim Adams pays court

[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Sunday October 16, 2005
The Observer

[/font]
[font=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]I meet Princess Michael of Kent in her walled garden at Kensington Palace. There is a perfect green lawn. A flat, black square of pond. A stately magnolia. An ornamental bronze armadillo. And a cunning trompe l'oeil mirror that could convince her that all this might go on for ever. It's taken the princess a while to make this place her own. The garden, by rights, came with her husband's apartment, number 10 - 'They are called apartments, but, in fact, they are houses, in that they go from basement to roof; it's a little terrace, really' - which he was granted when they married 30 years ago. But the garden had always been Princess Alice's next door, and it wasn't right to turf her out, quite, so they thought they'd better bide their time.

[/font]

It's a very interesting article. Just amazing how Pss Michael complains that her children were always in the public eye, unlike the glouchestors, huh whos fault is it?

She is something else. But you gotta admit...she is entertaining.

I would agree that the Gloucester children (though they are adults now) are less in the public eye...but thats cause they choose to be. Let's see...her son is part of the jet set crowd...and so is the daughter to some extent. The only time you see the Gloucester kids are at major occiasions (Trooping of the Colour, family weddings, funerals, etc.)

I think that Lord Frederick is a shadow of his mother whereas Gabriella is her father's daughter. I like Princess Michael but I think she is in denial if she thinks that Freddie dosn't draw a cetain amount of attention to himself as she herself does. However it's more a personality thing than a situation of one kid being "good" and the other "bad". Ella and Freddie both achieved degrees and have successful careers but Freddie's flamboyant nature attracts attention whereas Ella is more reserved.

Re:

Prince and Princess Michael always remind me of that wonderful Novello number ;

"If you wonder what a Duke should be"

Substitute Duke for Prince and you them to a tee!

I'm not familiar with it can you elaborate?

Re:

If you wonder a Duke should be,
Just you take another look at me..............

By Gad you can search your family tree but you'll NEVER find a Duke like me

Is this flattering or not....I'm not sure.

Re:

Flattering I think. If you want to know what a real Prince should be like - look at Prince Michael and that goes for Princess Michael too. You can look through any number of Princes/Princesses but you can't beat them.

Beatrixfan I think we think alike. Prince and Princess Michael (especially her) take a lot of flak but you are spot on, they are as Royal looking as it gets!

Re:

I have a wonderful photograph of Princess Michael at Cardinal Hume's memorial service - she is every inch an Empress let alone a Princess!

I think a lot of what is said about her is jealousy from other quarters. People often compare her to the Duchess of Gloucester whom they say does nothing to "rock the boat", as it were, but lets face it, in 33 years this woman has done nothing to reveal a personality of any sort at all. I know there is a certain virtue in keeping yourself to yourself but the Gloucesters appear to be the most bland people on earth. If the Royals depended on them to spark any sort of interest in the institution the Monarchy would have folded years ago.

I think a lot of what is said about her is jealousy from other quarters. People often compare her to the Duchess of Gloucester whom they say does nothing to "rock the boat", as it were, but lets face it, in 33 years this woman has done nothing to reveal a personality of any sort at all. I know there is a certain virtue in keeping yourself to yourself but the Gloucesters appear to be the most bland people on earth. If the Royals depended on them to spark any sort of interest in the institution the Monarchy would have folded years ago.
I agree completely. They have no real passion or, as you say, personality. Princess Michael isn't afraid to behave like a Princess should - I think the others a jealous because they want to act like her, but they haven't got the backbone with the exception of a few.

The Gloucesters have been more low-key than the Kents since the previous generation; George and Marina Kent were a much more glamorous and high-profile couple than Henry and Alice Gloucester, and the same pattern is repeating in the current generation. I think a better comparison might be with the present Duke and Duchess of Kent rather than with the Gloucesters, since the Duchess was always in the news in the 1970s and 1980s and has always been one of the most popular members of the royal family.

Re:

I don't understand the Duke and Duchess of Kent. I mean, what is the point of them? He doesn't seem to do much and she has suddenly developed a wish to be a commoner again.

But the present Duchess of Kent opted out years ago. If you look at the facts Princess Michael's children have done very well in school and university and actually inject a bit of much needed glamour to an institution where it's most senior youngster ie Prince William is as dull as dishwater.

Maybe it's that the Duchess of Gloucester knows her place and her place is not at the forefront. It's also not as if her son the Earl of ? married some outstanding beauty either. The whole Gloucester lot is just not that interesting.
For me Princess Michael is humorous to watch. You never know what is going to emanate from her mouth!

Re:

James! Please, can I quote you as a likeminded soul? William is like a cardboard box - it shows plenty of promise when wrapped up but in reality, is nothing but recycled pulp. Give mer Frederik over William any day.

I'm a Monarchist, but the British Royal Family needs some serious advice on their ranking system.

BEATRIXFAN I have often felt alone in a world of those in love with blandness but I think we agree that a bit a pizzazz and personality is the order of the day when it comes to Royalty no matter how it deviates from common opinion.

While I enjoy I also enjoy the antics of Princess Michael as anyone else..and would agree that she can and does appear regal...its a shame that the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester after 30+ years of service to Queen and country are being dismissed cause they are not exciting!

And BeatrixFan...just curious...cause I am fairly new to the board...and we can take this another thread or you can refer me to an thread where this issue was discussed...but what is your deal with William. How are you comparing a man in his 30's to a mid twenties? William has yet to make his mark (as far as I am concerned) on the Royal Family.

Re:

And BeatrixFan...just curious...cause I am fairly new to the board...and we can take this another thread or you can refer me to an thread where this issue was discussed...but what is your deal with William. How are you comparing a man in his 30's to a mid twenties? William has yet to make his mark (as far as I am concerned) on the Royal Family.

I'll start another topic. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom