Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your cattiness is quite apparent. Who are you to expect to be given any of these details? What you get and we all get is what "they" want us to know.

As I said b4 ... the public relations department that works for PA and CW should be fired!!!

official companion

CW @ official events like she is the princess/hostess b4 marriage

the way he handled his relationship with CW as a head of state

Please somebody give her a wardrobe and a nice hairdo- she presents no kind of fascination whatsoever

The press coverage has been dreadful.. I live in Philadelphia.

I mean its kind of hard to take these two seriously.. its all seems to be pretend

Wedding outside???? not the cathedral??????

PA and his advisors seem to be very lazy.... in IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
DuedePhiladelphia, I think you have awesome moniker. :)

I agree with you about Charlene and Albert. Their relationship is not handled as it should be, one should expect more of Albert who is a prince and an head of state than of Joe Average.

I also agree that the choice to have wedding outside instead in a cathedral is not exactly how a fairy tale royal wedding looks like.:sad:

As I said b4 ... the public relations department that works for PA and CW should be fired!!!

official companion

Please somebody give her a wardrobe and a nice hairdo- she presents no kind of fascination whatsoever

I mean its kind of hard to take these two seriously.. its all seems to be pretend

100% agree!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I am a newbie at this, put after months (over a year now) of reading comments good and bad I decided to jump in and ask... What the Heck?

I am roman catholique, and I have a few things that bothers me with the upcoming nuptials:

1* The outside wedding.
Dont get me wrong, it could be very romantic and the idea of sharing with Monaco I am all A ok with it; but for the reception. This is not a normal wedding that can be held in a backyard!! This is a Prince marrying a future Princess which will become consort to his Royal Highness and the mother of the futur Prince and/or Princess.

Plus!!!! I was always told that to be a "true/acceptable" roman catholic wedding it needed to be held in the house of the lord and that outside weddings were not "considered" by the church to be weddings. As the head of the Roman Catholic religion in Monaco I wonder if this is "kosher"? (no punt intended)

2*Did she, did she not converted?
In the famous interview where CW ask for the interviewer to "give us a break" when ask if she converted she replied : I am a christian. Not only did she not answer the question, but when ask again her attitude and her answer stayed the same. Therefore, is she saying she did not convert and that might explain why the nuptial is not in Saint Nicholas Cathedral? Could I be right?

3* To be Princess in Monaco you need to have...
Finally, you need to know that as a child I was a pest. Not that much as change through the years :) but my father always said I was his princess eventhough we could never fulfill the "the list of requirements".

The requirement list is for a woman who wants to become the princess to Monaco she needs to bring into the marriage many things ( I used to have the web version of this list but I losted - sorry) Amoung the requirement there was a the financial contribution (a large sum, a million $ I think), she needed to be a roman catholic, and other etc.. what happen to that?

4* If I had the PR people that this Principauté has, I would be greatly worried.
DuedePhiladelphia I am in agreement with you they need to shape up, stop spending time writting books and get to work; FAST! As a Senior Exec., I work days in and days out with Public Affaire/Relations dept. & thank GOD they are not that group!

As an Example I give you:
When the wedding was finally announced a French TV show, actually the host of the show, called the Palais. The receptionnist was cold but a professional gate keeper. The problem is when the host was transfer to "Barbara" in PR dept. Instead of getting a professional PR individual to answer is question, he got this bubbly PR chick that made the Palais sound like club med.
(Dailymotion - Albert de Monaco se marie enfin ! - une vidéo Amis et Famille)

Thank you in advance for your help in answering my questions.

Last edited:
Remember PA's "promise" about his and Charlene's marriage being "unconventional"?

I have a feeling there'll be many surprises in store with that couple...

official companion

Miss Wittstock is an athlete and not a trained actress like her predecessor. MGM will not be organizing this wedding and I doubt if MR. Wittstock will be asked to pay for it either.
Grace is almost 30 years dead...it's time to move on.

Remember PA's "promise" about his and Charlene's marriage being "unconventional"?

Surprises like what?
Unconventional in the sense that they will be a singular couple? I don't understand

Hello,

I am a newbie at this, put after months (over a year now) of reading comments good and bad I decided to jump in and ask... What the Heck?

2*Did she, did she not converted?
In the famous interview where CW ask for the interviewer to "give us a break" when ask if she converted she replied : I am a christian. Not only did she not answer the question, but when ask again her attitude and her answer stayed the same. Therefore, is she saying she did not convert and that might explain why the nuptial is not in Saint Nicholas Cathedral? Could I be right?
Hi Whitelilies welcome to the forums - I think you have raised a really interesting point from th evideo which I hadn't really picked up on, & one which may explain the arrangements for the nuptials. Has there been any official word that Charlene has converted?

I agree with you, C Wittstock is not an actress like Grace Kelly. It is MGM who was organized the weedding, she paid also the dress of Princess Grace,they wanted to have a fairy movie whith real persons. But there were not many main persons a part the friends of the princess who were actors. There were no queens or kings of the royal families.They thought Princess grace was not worse to be in the royal circle.She was only an actress for them at that time.
For the weedding of the Prince Albert, I think there will be all the royal families. Prince Albert was present at many royal weeddings.Charlene was at the weedding of Princess Victoria, she knew them at many events like olympics games. there will be many persons at this weedding but the Church of Monaco is not very big, she contains 800 persons. No more. but I think the open air weedding can be well, but there will be many problems. The heat in July can be very hot in july, around the palace there is no shadows, I saw it many time at mitday, for the persons who will be present, they can not be well. there is also the security of all the persons. the music cannot be heard . (Sounds around, wind and so ). I think the advisors had many problems to prepare the weedding, the prince is always away, one time USA, one time moscou, Chine.I think the weedding would be at the church with royal and thefamily . and the couple will receive monegasque natives on the square of the palace after the weedding.
For Charlene, she must learn intensive french, rules of protocole ant the ryths of catholicisme. It is not easy for the persons who are not catholic. Ryth of catholic weedding.
At least a coaching for Charlene , what to bring at events, hairdresser. I think there was an assocciation with Armany last years, but now I think, there is no more and she must buy new dress.
For the video, I know the show, it is not serious, the palaca knew that show, I agree the palace did not answer.They have other thinghs to do

I don't think Charlene has converted into the catholic faith...her answer in the video is very curious...
About the wedding outside: some people may find it romantic, some other may find it weird. I am one of those persons. For me, they should celebrate it in the church, if not, it's like a private wedding with a few guests, as the majority of outside weddings are. But they will have a lot of guests...i don't know. Well, this is actually a discussion that belongs to other thread.

Elly C, you've touched on a sore point - there is no proof either way whether CW has converted to the Roman Catholic faith or not. What a strange position to be in...

Renata my dear , This is no longer unconventionality but the ability within that word of sophistry to manipulate us to believe what this couple wants to do and get away with it at all stages of the game.
What surprises me is that we are discussing something that basically has no psychological appeal.
Can a man at fifty three be taken seriously when says unconventional now?Furthermore he is a Head of State. I am weary just attempting to get to the wedding date never mind the ceremony and what will happen there in the open air circus atmosphere. Cw had she converted would have availed herself of the opportunity to pose at the Vatican or with a Father Tucker type individual.She would have been seen attending vespers at church with headgear in lace.[ just once] But no [just parachuting in is just fine] Of course we could all be wrong and CW knows French and has converted and has already shown marvellous attributes she will bring to her position.Mine is speculation
This is just getting too much for me and I will refrain posting until later.
I have a good mind to switch off completely and stop caring at all.

Miss Wittstock is an athlete and not a trained actress like her predecessor. MGM will not be organizing this wedding and I doubt if MR. Wittstock will be asked to pay for it either.
Grace is almost 30 years dead...it's time to move on.

Move on?? :ermm: from what:ermm: I never mentioned Grace nor have I mentioned a dowry. I am just simply stating facts. The palace could do a better job at promoting this couple

Move on?? :ermm: from what:ermm: I never mentioned Grace nor have I mentioned a dowry. I am just simply stating facts. The palace could do a better job at promoting this couple
Duede did not imply what U write.
When someone has had the historical impact of Grace Kelly one does not move on but but acknowledge what has stood the test of time which no one on this forum can seem to stand that Grace had and always will- a universality and classical acceptance.
How do you ask any girl today of modest origins who never held down a job to bring a dowry - what sacrilege- that was done between families that had money to exchange.
Mr. Wittsock could not pay for his daughter's wedding nor her wedding gown even- because she is living way outside her"patriarchal means for quite some time now.While MGM will mot be organizing it CW and Pa are supposed to be better than the studio that Grace worked for and garnered such interest and gradaully respect.Too bad Rainier is always credited with zilch in everything.
Duede- I wish to agree with you that the PR team has to change asap.
But you might as well be talking to a deaf man because they are not listening in their "country home"

Grace was not bestowed with the Order Of St. Charles until the evening before her wedding, from what I understand.

Princess Caroline and Philippe Junot were both Roman Catholic of course, and they were married in the Palace courtyard with the Archbishop presiding. So yes, there is precedent. I would prefer the beautiful Cathedral, but the courtyard with it's elegant and graceful horseshoe staircase is also lovely.

I agree that it's going to be very awkward for Charlene functioning as a member of the Princely family as a non-Catholic...if she does not convert.

She cannot receive the Eucharist at her own Nuptial Mass.:ohmy: nor during the great Feast days of the Church along with the rest of the family...what will she do...just look on awkwardly during Easter and Christmas?

Can a non-Catholic even BE invested with the Order of St. Charles?

I understand PA wanting a unique wedding..to a point. But considering the fact that one of the advantages of this wedding is to strengthen PA's image with the Monagasques...and that he has already strained their patience by A) waiting so long to marry and B)choosing a non Catholic foreign commoner...I think his subjects are going to have limits.

ETA: In what interview did CW say "give us a break?" The Nice-Matin interview right after the wedding? I read it in both French and English and I don't recall that....how vulgar....

I think it's all part of the "We're going to do things our way" attitude, I suspect.

I think what's behind it is PA's resolve to break away from his father's dictats.... and in CW he has found his perfect fellow rebel :)

Grace was not bestowed with the Order Of St. Charles until the evening before her wedding, from what I understand.

Can a non-Catholic even BE invested with the Order of St. Charles?

Grace was give the St Charles after her civil marriage ceremony and wore it to the gala the evening before the wedding mass.

Yes, non-Catholics can receive the order. An example would be Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

If she has not converted yet or begun the process of instruction in the Catholic faith, and we do not know this for sure, there is still 8 months to accomplish this.

Charlene wittstock said in the last interview that she was christian and Prince Albert added that they will see after and there was not rule for a future princess, I think she will converse carholic. For the Saint Charles, I read in yhe last news of prince Albert, he decored the ministre of Hindia of Saint Charles decoration? This man is hindou.

That's as it should be. Contemporary orders are not necessarily of a religious nature, but are bestowed as a gesture of admiration, or friendship, or respect for the person who receives the order, or who is initiated into an Order, for instance, in Britain, the Order of the Garter (England) or the Order of the Thistle (Scotland).

Ha, ha Renata..thanks...that explains a lot! I suppose it's why Philippe Junot never received it! :lol:

I wonder if Stefano and Ernst-August did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
"Yes, non-Catholics can receive the order. An example would be Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh."

Yes but in the case of CW here were are talking about receiving an order from a faith that is not hers. I think you may received order, as long as you are from the same faith.

When CW become Princess, will she share also the responsibility of
1* Being the respresentative of the faith to the people and the church
2* In which faith will the children, if any, will be raised ?
3* How will she participate in the religious fest (Chrismtmas, Easter, Saint Devote etc..)
And Finally ?
4* In the event that PA dies before her (age different and all) how can she be the Representant of the Church for this Principauté ?

After so many years of "courtship" and if as they stated they knew from some time, I think the CW is hill prepare for her role. If not the responsability of the "castle" It is my opinion that PA is to be blame.

For years PA said that he did not want is future wife to received the same bad reception from the people, the castle etc that is mom had confronted. But from what I see.. He has been doing the same to CW. Her french is poor, her social situation still weak, the faith-uncleared and her style still need some refinement (but it is getting better)

As for the look, I prefered her prior all the operations. Then CW looked more real and vivacious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
"Yes, non-Catholics can receive the order. An example would be Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh."

Yes but in the case of CW here were are talking about receiving an order from a faith that is not hers. I think you may received order, as long as you are from the same faith.

!

I am afraid I don't understand your comment. The Order of St Charles is a national order and not a Catholic order. It is given by the Sovereign Prince and not by the Church. Faith does not enter into it at all.
Prince Philip is not a Roman Catholic and he has the Order of St Charles and as had been explained by another poster Albert II has given the order to an Indian Minister who is a Hindu.

Ha, ha Renata..thanks...that explains a lot! I suppose it's why Philippe Junot never received it! :lol:

I wonder if Stefano and Ernst-August did?

If they were to give it to all of the husbands of the princesses, they would soon run out of ribbon...:whistling::whistling:

Back to the expression "Soul mate":
The equivalent expression in French is much more beautiful - "âme sœur" sister soul.

I really would like to know if she converted or not. Because i don't know if a protestant can marry a catholic into the catholic faith. Of course that, given the case that she hasn't changed her faith, i'm more than sure that the children they might have will be raised catholic.

The catholic person must ask the permission to the pope for marrying a protestant and promise to raise the future children in the carholic faith.

As long as she is a baptized Christian, gets permission from his Bishop and they complete a course with the Church they can marry and she doesn't have to convert to Catholicism.

I just saw pics of Albert & CW at Irish event in Monaco. It is painful to watch how disconnected these two are. They behave like to strangers, at best just two buddies who are there for photo ops.:ohmy:

As long as she is a baptized Christian, gets permission from his Bishop and they complete a course with the Church they can marry and she doesn't have to convert to Catholicism.

What does it matter whether she converts to Catholicism or not ?
The family she is marrying into dont exactly espouse Catholic values after all and they dont seem "to do" soul mates either.
If Spain can have a divorced Catholic future queen, then whats the big deal about a Protestant Princesse de Monaco ?

Back
Top Bottom